Monk's Tony Shalhoub Is Joining Nurse Jackie

By Kaitlin Thomas

Aug 21, 2014

Tony Shalhoub has joined the cast of Nurse Jackie, Showtime announced on Wednesday.

The former Monk (and We Are Men) star will play the recurring role of ER doctor Bernard Prince.

Well-liked by his boss Gloria Akalitus (Anna Deavere Smith), Prince is said to have excellent bedside manner (something we all know that All Saints Hospital sometimes lacks), and becomes a friend to Jackie (Edie Falco), something she desperately needs.

Showtime renewed Nurse Jackie in April, when it also announced that star Peter Facinelli would be exiting the series prior to Season 7.

• Comments (5)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • DWBSR620 Mar 23, 2015

Sad to see it go..... Great show, great cast, great storyline. Edie Falco is a fantastic actress!

• Femvamp911 Aug 21, 2014

I like Nurse Jackie but i think the show is on its last legs and needs to finish up sooner rather than later. Good casting though.

• wudntulik2know Aug 21, 2014

Definitely on its last legs. Not as badly written as Enlightened and hopefully they don't do a Lumberjack finale, but I'll be glad to see the end of this show. Her kids and hubbie suck, and it would be nice if they disappeared as Brody's will from the new Homeland, which of course is a Dead Show Walking. Two choices for the new season (renewed? Wow, Showtime IS desperate):

addict
    not an addict

Rinse and repeat until we are all put out of our misery.

Yawn.

But Magic City gets cancelled. Assholes.

• kevbuffylost108 Aug 21, 2014

"The former Monk (and We Are Men) star"

Not to be a complete ass but why include a show that nobody watched, and was cancelled within the first few episodes...
    Sure it should say "The Former Monk (and Wings) star"

• haldrey Aug 21, 2014

That,s right! Two great shows Monk and Wings and they show We Are Men, stupid. Also I do not think that Tony Shalhoub should have accepted a dying show, he needs his own and never as in We Are Men where he was the only bright star among a bunch of idiots. We some re writing and Tony as the detective Taxi Brooklyn could have been a great show.