JoAnna Garcia has been cast as Ariel

By Kaitlin Thomas

Aug 17, 2013

What do you think? Is she a good fit for the role? Or would you have cast someone else?
  • Comments (6)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • CaitlinRice Aug 19, 2013

I'm not pissed. I know that her name has floated around in all the "You Cast It" articles I've seen since the show came out. I don't know who I would have cast otherwise. I guess it just depends on how the show runners use her. But given their penchant for not going the full-on Disney route for the characters, I don't think we'll see her swimming around getting serenaded by all the underwater creatures.

• aligroo Aug 19, 2013

i think she'll do great! can't wait for it.

• Taccado Aug 17, 2013

In the news brief article I suggested Deborah Ann Woll as an alternative. Then I would also suggest Emmy Rossum. She knows how to sing, so they could have a musical episode where she belts out "Part of Your World". And based on her nude pool scene in Shameless, she also knows how to swim.

• Laurpr2 Aug 17, 2013

Sooooo excited.....Ariel was always "my" princess and I've been waiting for her to be introduced....I'm not familiar with JoAnna, but she looks perfect for the role. =D

• TeVaerua Aug 17, 2013

Finally! Ariel is my favourite Disney princess, I've been waiting ages for her to make an appearance! I don't know Joanna so I can't comment on her acting skills but she certainly looks the part. I'm happy :D

• bkyle2429 Aug 17, 2013

perfect