Once Upon a Time Is Bringing Back Maleficent: True Blood's Kristin Bauer Will Return for a Major Arc

By sadiegennis

Aug 27, 2014

Kristin Bauer will reprise her role as Maleficent on Once Upon a Time, Entertainment Weekly reports.

When the True Blood alum last appeared on the ABC drama at the end of Season 2, what remained of Maleficent's body after Emma had slain her had been reanimated into a zombie creature stuck in the cave under the clock tower.

Bauer will recur in a major story arc during the second half of Season 4, suggesting that Maleficent might become the show's next Big Bad once its much-hyped Frozen storyline ices over. There's also the chance that Maleficent's return will draw more from the recent Angelina Jolie movie rather than the Sleeping Beauty story, since Aurora is already married and pregnant. Here's hoping that's the case, and that OUAT takes inspiration from Maleficent by introducing Aurora's father, King Stefan, the love of the witch's life who burned her wings.

Once Upon a Time returns Sunday, September 28 at 8pm on ABC.

TV.com's 2014 Fall Preview: 
New Shows, Network Schedules, Trailers, and More

• Comments (34)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • Svanehjerte Nov 08, 2014

I want ALADDIN!!!

• Maryjane420 Oct 27, 2014

I can't wait because this Frozen crap gotsta go.

• Donoterase Oct 27, 2014

So this is what has become of the once innovative show Once Upon a Time...jumping from one high grossing film to the next.
    It has always been glorified fanfiction but seriously guys... it's turning into 'Fairy tales with OTHER PEOPLE'S modern twists'.

• AllenScevis Oct 20, 2014

Maleficent is one thing, Barbie's aunt is completely another...

• Aeidail Sep 30, 2014

Does this mean we'll see more Aurora and Prince Phillip? Maybe we'll even find out where Mulan dropped off the face of the earth. Because that would be neat.

• bingi06 Sep 29, 2014

so excited about maleficent being on this show YES!!!

• JetixMasterDan Sep 29, 2014

chadmeredith5, we also saw her reanimated as some sort of ghoul when they ventured back down into the crypt in season 2.

• chadmeredith5 Sep 22, 2014

How could Maleficent *not* be dead? We saw Emma kill her when she became a dragon!

• Badforthefish Sep 13, 2014

I can't remember this Maleficent from OUAT, so I guess this means she didn't leave a lasting impression. Her return might make it hard to watch her and not think "Damn, I wish it were Jolie I was looking at." The only other actress IMO who could pull the new iteration of this character off and not fall short, would be maybe Jeri Ryan, and even then...

• AmandaKramer Sep 21, 2014

She was on Season 1 episode 2 "The thing you love most" in human form. Maleficent was given the curse by Regina and Regina wanted it back. Maleficent said no and they spared, and Regina got it back. After failing to enact the curse the first time she attempted it by sacrificing her favorite horse, she goes to Rumple and was told she must sacrifice the heart of what she loves most and she ends up using her father's heart.
    In Season 1 finale"the thing you love the most" she started out in human form but changed into dragon form while fighting Charming. In the same episode, Emma went up against her and "killed" her dragon form as it turned to dust, so if she is alive then perhaps only her dragon form was killed but no her and she escaped. Or she was brought back to life somehow.
    She was also in the spinoff in episode 3, forget me not. The knave became a member of the merry men and even though Robin hood told all the men that they were just going to steal gold (that the knave convinced him to steal in the first place), the knave stole a looking glass that allowed a person or persons to travel between worlds. In this episode we only hear the actress's voice when she demands the looking glass be taken back to the castle. Robin kicks the knave out of the band, and Will goes with his gf Anastasia to wonderland.

• alanapramanda Sep 04, 2014

OH MY GOD MY PAM IS MALEFICENT. DOUBLE JOY

• See More Comments (10)