ABC Cancels Once Upon a Time in Wonderland

By Kaitlin Thomas

Mar 28, 2014

ABC has sent Alice and the rest of Once Upon a Time in Wonderland down the metaphorical rabbit hole to its death, according to TV Guide. The ratings of the spin-off of the network's popular fairy-tale series Once Upon a Time smelled worse than a rain-soaked Cheshire Cat: Last night’s episode pulled in only 3.3 million viewers for a measly 0.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic. While those numbers might've cut it on The CW, they were nowhere near high enough for ABC. 

I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that Once Upon a Time in Wonderland was always meant to exist as a self-contained, single-season story about Alice's (Sophie Lowe) attempt to save the love of her life (a genie named Cyrus played by Peter Gadiot). However, the producers hinted last August that if the show was successful, it had the potential to earn a second season that would feature an entirely new adventure. Now that its chances of success are smaller than Alice after a few sips of shrinky juice, the series finale will air next Thursday, April 3 at 8pm. 

Will you miss Once Upon a Time in Wonderland

• Comments (147)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • aliyahmayusman Jun 04, 2014

I will miss this show i was expecting there will be a season 2

• islandgurl74 Apr 07, 2014

You would think that many stay home on a Saturday night to try a/the show out on that night since there is never ever anything good to watch. I will be missing some of the characters but not all. Another show that I like has faded into the sunset. Total bumme!

• wildhoney66 Mar 31, 2014

it's a decent show. but i think the woman who played the queen was miscast.
    she's not a bad actress but having her play the queen is a role that just didn't suit her i don't think. in short it had promise i think.

• patrickmcnama Mar 31, 2014

ABC has got to do Once Upon A Time: The Mickey Mouse Club Show.

• wisperin88 Mar 31, 2014

meh

• Tigerbob Mar 30, 2014

Ratings ignore downloads, streaming etc. The whole system is archaic.

• Diane_AZ Apr 01, 2014

This is what I've been saying all along.

• Tigerbob Apr 01, 2014

Eventually shows will be watched mostly online, the TV execs need to get with the 21st century.

• DavidKnowles0 Mar 30, 2014

I thought the story was coming to its natural conclusion anyway. Through I feared they have tried lay the foundations to extend the current plot lines.

• froggie1962 Mar 30, 2014

Tipi Cle fuck wits

• DERBEST Mar 30, 2014

Liked it so to bad:/
    Hopefully they will incorporate the villains in Once Upon a Time.

• Arwen Mar 30, 2014

Not very surprising!

• See More Comments (95)