Opposite Sex

Show Reviews (8)

Good
7.9

An original idea, unfortunately short-lived

By ryleestrange, Jul 12, 2008

It has been a very long time since i've heard a thing about this show, let alone seen it. Re-runs aren't even played, and that's very unfortunate.

The plot is original: Three high school guys transfer into an all-girls school as "pioneers" (in an attempt to make the school co-ed)

All three of the characters are caught up in much highschool drama, including sex, academics and all the other good and bad things we all remember from highschool. That is definitely one of the show's intrigues, is the fact that anyone from fourteen up can relate to whatever is going on the episode. We all know that some of the weirdest things in life happen in high school.

What's also great is the fact that this show was one of Milo Ventimiglia's (of "Heroes" fame) first big roles (save a couple of movie credits dating back to the late 90s). It's great if you want to see where the main character of one of the best current shows came from (acting-wise).

It sure is a pity that this show met an unfortunately quick demise, for it was filled with humour, gorgeous women and often-great plotlines.

If you get a chance, don't skip it!moreless

A comedy about 3 guys that transfer to a newly integrated all-girls school. It has an interesting premise and was entertaining, but was cancelled quickly.

By BenRyan33, Oct 11, 2007

I remember watching this when it first started. I found the premise entertaining and was somewhat jealous of the guys (3 guys at an all girls school, gotta love those odds). It set up an interesting love triangle early on between one of the main guys and a gorgeous upper-classman (which he wanted) and a friend of his (which wanted him). I didn't know which one I was pulling for.

The show featured some actors that would soon go on to bigger and better things: Milo Ventimiglia ('Gilmore Girls'; 'Heroes'), Allison Mack ('Smallville'), and Chris Evans ('Fantastic Four'). It also proved to be decently funny but Fox quickly cancelled it with (at that time, I didn't pay too much attention to ratings and TV news) no known reason to me.

I think the show coud have managed to be entertaining for a while but didn't have much staying power in the long run. I would have enjoyed it for a few seasons maybe and then been ready for it to end. At least I still get to see some of these actors on better shows, though I wish I could have seen just a little more of 'Opposite Sex' before it ended.moreless

The main character (Jed), Phil and Cary are the only boys on an previously all-female school. Being the only boys in school they have some disadvantages like in later episodes starting to behave like girls as well as advantages.

By timo45, Sep 27, 2007

Although in total there were only eight episodes produced, Opposite Sex is still an amazing TV-Show that everybody should watch. You probably wonder what makes it that amazing? Well, it's so good because in my opinion it is more realistic than other shows, but obviously some scenes aren't which in fact isn't a bad thing at all, because sometimes one just wants to dream and to go off a little. In fact I, personally, prefer it to shows that are either too realistic or too unrealistic as in my opinion most of the time they go over the top and either make the show boring or just too screwed up. If you are still not sure if the show is worth watching, then I can just give you this last piece of advice: just watch the first episode and then decide if it is your type of show. If it is I can promise you will not regret watching it.moreless

Comedy about 3 guys that transfer to a newly integrated all-girls school. It has an interesting premise and was entertaining, but was cancelled quickly.

By flynikeguy, Apr 05, 2007

The show featured some actors that would soon go on to bigger and better things: Milo Ventimiglia (Gilmore Girls; Heroes), Allison Mack (Smallville), and Chris Evans (Fantastic Four). It also proved to be decently funny but Fox quickly cancelled it with (at that time, I didn't pay too much attention to ratings and TV news) no known reason to me.

I think the show coud have managed to be entertaining for a while but didn't have much staying power in the long run. I would have enjoyed it for a few seasons maybe and then been ready for it to end. At least I still get to see some of these actors on better shows, though I wish I could have seen just a little more of "Opposite Sex" before it ended.moreless

common please

By GavinGibbons, Feb 11, 2007

Bring it out on DVD you studio people... common it would sell tons with all the main characters now famous (heroes,smallville, fantastic four)... common this show rules and deserves a dvd boxset, its only 8 episodes. infact with fantastic four 2 on the way and heroes and smallville constantly in the top 10 viewings i'd be suprised if it doesnt

"Quote Nevermore"

By wbfreak54, Jan 31, 2006

I hate all reality shows. Not only that but they are not reality. I believe that people who watch these types of shows are really dumbing down society. And even worse are the people that are behinde making these types of shows. I just wish that one day these people will sit back and reilize that they are making america dumber. And america, stop watching this garbage. I Love Tv, but I refuse to watch something that is so unoriginal that they can't even muster up a script. Now my last attact is that these are NOT Reality Shows. These are NON SCRIPTED SHOWS. or GAME SHOWS. Get it right.

"Quote Nevermore"moreless

This was the best summer show ever way better then freakin Gilmore Girls.

By sarcastic-s, Aug 02, 2005

This is one of those shows that got only one season because everbody was busy that night so the show had to get cancelled. This was a chill show it talked about losing your virginity, popularity and everything else that teens go through but on this show they honestly talked about it and suprising the whole cast could act. This show was so good that I have it on tape.