Orphan Black: Watch a "One of a Kind" New Teaser for Season 2 (VIDEO)

By Kaitlin Thomas

Dec 23, 2013

I don't want to make any sweeping generalizations here, but BBC America is full of jerks. The network has released a new teaser for the second season of Orphan Blackwhich returns April 19—and there's not a single second of new footage in it. In fact, there's really almost nothing to it other than a few voiceovers and blink-and-you'll-miss-'em images of your favorites clones. But that doesn't mean it's not worth viewing or that it doesn't have anything to offer. 

Listen up and you'll hear series star Tatiana Maslany saying, "I'm part of a sisterhood like no other," and I guess that's one way to describe a group of female clones. But the final line of the teaser is the best hint at what we can expect in Season 2. It says, "My name is Alison Hendrix, is Cosima Niehaus, is Rachel Duncan, is Sarah Manning. And I’m one of a kind."

At the end of Season 1, Cosima had discovered that the clones' genomes were patented, essentially making them someone's intellectual property. But Clone Club members know better. If their wildly different lives, personalities, and mannerisms are any indication, each clone is definitely one-of-a-kind, and just as human as the rest of us. 

So watch the teaser, experience the chills, and then hit the comments with what you hope to see in Season 2.

What did you think? Are you excited for Season 2?

• Comments (45)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • QMargo Jan 07, 2014

Can't wait! I heard of the show by accident and just decided to watch it for fun and OMG... Blown away by the it! Amazing story, Tatiana does a magnificent job.., I even caught myself thinking once who are all these great characters played by and each time had to remind myself - it's just one Tatiana! Brilliant!!!

• StephanosStav Jan 07, 2014

Tatiana Maslany deserves Emmy for sure!

Can't wait for Season 2.

• KatieMaeSalvatore Jan 02, 2014

i wish that the trailer had clips from season 2 so we know what to expect.

• curry20060 Dec 31, 2013

Can't wait, Season 1 was brillant.

• Muderboy Dec 25, 2013

There's a clone named April? COOL!

• shae_SA Dec 24, 2013

How far away is April again???? Too far away!!!!!

• violetpretty Dec 24, 2013

This just gave me chills. I CAN'T WAIT.

• JazDavies Dec 24, 2013

Suhweeeeet! :D
    Hurry up April!

• Mate Dec 23, 2013

BBC America is genius. The show is so very good. Though I am concerned with the early cancelations of Ripper Street and Copper. Which could mean they are putting more money into this or that they only envision a 3 season or so shelf life. But Tatyana is too freaking good.

• KevinG87 Dec 23, 2013

doesn't help that Copper was horrible all of season 2... and I don't think BBC America has much of a choice in the Ripper Street cancellation. I think Orphan Black, along with Doctor Who, are the most talked about (maybe rated? but I don't pay attention to that farce) shows they've got and Orphan Black is the only one that is BBCAM original show they've got going for them at the moment.

• KateSullivan Dec 23, 2013

Well, I hope we get clearance from her parents and that they resolve the Kira being missing thing fairly quickly. I am all for the Sarah branch kind of being on the run from the Dyad Institute, but I would rather if anyone is missing from that group it be Mrs. S. Heck, I would be fine if Paul is missing as long as he and Mrs. S become our eyes and ears within the Dyad Institute where we get to know Rachel through them. I just want Sarah to be on the hunt rather than desperate mother. Plus, it would be fun if Kira becomes noticeably and noticeably more odd and Sarah being totally freaked out by it.

I am fine with Cosima being sick for awhile and if she and Delphine think they have to play ball with the Dyad Institute for a time (heck, Cosima with Mrs. S and Paul might be fun...poor Paul would be experiencing how very much like sisters the three of them actually are). But she better not die.

I am really not sure what I want to happen with Alison. I mean, wouldn't it be funny if the Dyad Institute becomes more and more her friend so she become a supporter of it until...well, whatever happens. Like, what I am picturing for her is that the Institute manages to figure out a way that a clone (other than Sarah that is) becomes pregnant and she discovers after she is pregnant, that in all likelihood, she is carrying another edition of the clones.

Actually the more and more I think about it, I would really like Siobhan to be pulled back into the science of everything (show of hands, that was her in the picture, right? And also, I am of the believe that the female genetic material to make the clones might be hers - and possibly that Felix is actually her son, making Sarah really his sister).

I am putting the episode total at five before we discover that Paul didn't shoot those Marines but was totally set up by the Dyad Institute.

I am really curious how Art is going to stay involved, clearly through Sarah, but I almost wonder if he strikes up a friendship with Alison basically because she knew Beth, and she is the easiest one to keep tabs on.

• peterspoor33 Dec 23, 2013

Loved Art being constantly pissed off in the first season, now that he's got a savvy partner who's not working against him, he'll be a force to reckon with and someone the clone club would want on their side.

Like most everybody else I'm gonna miss Helena most of all, she was the ultimate wild card in the mix, like throwing a hand grenade into the Dyad Institutes well-oiled machine.

• KateSullivan Dec 23, 2013

Yeah, but I think Sarah will take over at least some of that anti Dyad stuff mission without the religious overtones and she will have at least partners in Cosima and Delphine.

I hope Sarah is able to reach out to Art at some point just because she wanted to tell him everything and his partner majorly won me over in the season finale, while she annoyed the crap out of me most of the rest of the season.

• See More Comments (2)