Orphan Black

Show Reviews (49)

Superb

Tatiana Maslany is awsome

By BuddhiDhanus, Sep 01, 2014

how the hell she is acting so many characters like that. she is awsome. she should win an emmy

WTF! Where. What... Who!?

By KrzysztofGrzy, Aug 27, 2014

Tried to bing this show, because of the lack of alternatives (lying now for a week in bed) and also because it was high rated here.

First of all why is the show trying to pretend that all of this is happening in the US? When obviously EVERY thing around cries UK and almost every actor is speaking with a British accent?

Second: Why are there so many story gaps and errors? For instance in Ep4 S01 Sarah is forced to stay at the station because... the writer said so and she convinces Alison to go to a extremely important meeting with her daughter Kiera - right? Then five minutes later, she left the station and went to meet with a psycho... and she aparently has time for that? What?

OK I could imagine that the target group (I guess teenager euro-boys) would omit those facts and watch it just for entertainments sake. I would too when Mrs. Maslany could ever pull a believable performance, the writers would write actual good dialogue and not 'lines for actors to speak', which by the way are so obvious.... well then and only then I could imagine to watch it as a guilty pleasure. But like it is now? Oh no..... no chance! I rather watch The Room for the rest of my life.

Ah well I went just a little to far. Sorry.

It's just a mediocre show for kids that never saw, or rather should not see (You welcome MPAA), The Wire or even Sherlock (the first one plays in the actual US and the second one is not ashamed of being shot in the UK) and I do accept that. BUT please do something about this fan boy rating. Someone from the staff who could provide here actual ratings and reviews? Someone with taste (which excludes of course Mr. Timothy Spot) please? Do I really have to watch all this 5h1t You are promoting here?moreless

THIS SHOW IS AMAAZING

By godwinaddo, Aug 13, 2014

Orphan Black -

Honestly, I don't usually review shows, I watch what i can, Love what deserves to be loved and give constructive criticisms to shows that need to just get better or cancel. *Sadly, YES*

Orphan Black has an amazing storyline, good actors and actresses, a good crew in general, That lovely British Accent, I love it. Totally recommended to TV Show lovers.

Tatiana Maslany

Tatiana Maslany is amazing, and the show ain't bad either.

By samanthawesley108, Jul 19, 2014

Obviously, despite the Emmy snub that left critics and fans alike scratching their collective heads, Tatiana Maslany is the hardest working actress on tv today.

That she manages to pull off the believability factor of playing 8 very different roles in one show is . I forget that I'm watching the same actress, and that my fellow fans, ain't f-ing easy. She's convincing, which is hard enough to do with a single character. Doing 8? That is mind boggling. So no matter the insanity of the Emmy folks, she deserves every accolade out there.

But, despite the fact that she literally *is* 90 percent of the show, there is also the story to be considered. Personally, I've found it compelling if frustrating on occasion. The premise itself is interesting, and for the most part, the writers pull it off well. There is some suspension of disbelief needed, and some details that don't really pass muster, but overall, most episodes have left me glued to my set.

Also, I think a well-deserved round of applause is due for Jordan Gavaris's role as Felix. He often provides wonderful comic relief, and is a joy to watch his interaction with the "clone-club".

As of now, apparently a third season has been green lighted. ( tho I'd have been surprised if it hadn't).

It's my most-anticipated show of the upcoming season, by far.moreless

HoPeFuL

By shortymcmuffin, Jun 30, 2014

does anyone know if it is renewed for season 3???

She sounds awful

By Synetech, Jun 16, 2014

Tatiana's accents are so bad that it is hard to focus on the show because every time she opens her mouth, it is so distracting. If there are no Canadian dialect-coaches, then at least import one. Even her Canadian characters like Allison have weird, foreign accents which only furthers the ignorant belief that a lot of Americans have that Canadians have accents as compared to Americans.

So worth it

By acinonyx, Apr 25, 2014

Just caught up with season 1. What an amazing show! I've missed a good sci-fi drama and the acting by Tatiana is simply brilliant.

Review for episode one of season two.

By richardwinters31337, Apr 20, 2014

This is a fantastic series. I just love it. You never know whats going to happen next. I hope he bitch Rachel learns to fear hope Elena gets Kara back for Sara and they become friends at last. Love the smack down of Rachel in her office. The uptight bitch had it coming. Need to get more new clones involved in the story. Hope Sara turns out to be a real bad ass. Thomas needs to be strung up some where.moreless

Solid suspense show filled out by brilliant acting

By cherold01, Mar 15, 2014

I recently read an interview with Tatiana Maslany, who plays most of the main characters on Orphan Black, and she talked about the difficulties of playing scenes where she's acting all the parts, and I realized I had never even thought of that, because her characters are so distinct and fully formed that I never think, there's Tatiana Maslany and some really impressive greenscreen work.

Maslany is utterly amazing (like others before me, I can't help but wonder how Dollhouse would have turned out with an actress with her amazing range). And if you pay attention to it, the greenscreen stuff is also pretty amazing. I once thought to really watch what was happening, with three of Maslany onscreen, and not only is it flawlessly filmed but it's also incredibly well choreographed. At one point one Maslany scootches over on the couch to make room for another Maslany, a perfectly normal gesture that is remarkable in this context.

As for the series itself, it's really good. It tells a compelling, intricate story. But at times it feels unrealistic, or convoluted, problems particularly noticeable in the season 1 finale. But just watching Maslany do her thing is enough to keep me watching.moreless

Everytime I browse this page that last comment really annoys me so...

By snappy2310, Jan 31, 2014

just joined so I could comment here! Orphan Black is the best! After just 1 season I'm happy to call it my favourite show. Gave it a go recently thanks to the spot in the Top 100 & was hooked from the 1st scene. Tatiana & the whole cast are amazing! Can't wait for Season 2 =) If you haven't watched Orphan Black, gets your hands on it - set aside a Saturday evening & binge the lot! For anyone put off by the 'sci'fi' genre (I'm not normally a fan) don't worry about it. Just awesome!moreless

Load More Reviews