Pan Am

Show Reviews (36)

Great

What is wrong with people

By leatherneck, Feb 05, 2013

I cannot believe they cancelled this show. I enjoyed watching it and I thought it was good fun entertainment. I looked forward to seeing it every week and made sure to tape the episodes. Every time I get into a show they cancel it like they did with "The Gates" . Go figure that ABC once again decides it was not worthy to air with all the other garbage they allow on . like Pretty Little Liars and many others they keep around but cancel the good ones. I just do not understand the networks anymore. I would really like to know who and how they come up with the conclusion that a show is good or bad instead of allowing the public to fill out a poll.moreless

Canceled!

By gracielove, Nov 09, 2012

I liked it but gave up on it.

Bring back Pan Am!!

By hurricaneyappy, Nov 01, 2012

Busy enough as it is with life's ups and downs and here was a show that was fun and entertaining. I actually looked forward to being home and watching this show. Where is Season 2??!!! Should focus on getting more viewers if that was the issue instead of just cancelling it. Very disappointed.

Disappointed

By lei196790, Oct 10, 2012

Here we go again with ABC cxlin yet another good series. It wasn't the best with PanAm, yet I loved it!! Why do you keep doin this? Missing, The River n PanAm??? Really?? I'm very very disappointed with the way you do business..

It was just getting good

By Steelrs7, Oct 02, 2012

I am one of those that didn't have time for the show when it was on network TV. I figured it was ABC trying to cash in on the success of Mad Men and didn't bother. I recently gave the show a try on Netflix. I was not initially impressed. The CGI of the external Airport shots almost caused me not to watch a second show...but I did. And then another. Then I was hooked by about show #5.

Some episodes were better than others, but when it was good, it had the appeal of Star Trek and Lost at the same time. The flashbacks annoyed me at first, but then I looked forward to the back story.

I think it is unfortunate that this show didn't have another season to hit it's stride. The characters were all being developed quite nicely and I started to care about what would happen in the next show.

I also think the show could have been a little more faithful to the time period. For the most part the characters seemed to have the attitudes of today, not the 60's. As I recall, none of the characters smoked, which is nice in a way, but not very realistic for the time period.

It would be great to see someone pick this show up that could be a bit more risque than ABC could and really maximize the potential of this show and it's characters. I dont know about you, but the show left me wanting to fly Pan Am to somewhere exotic.moreless

The show was canceled ... hmm let me guess from ABC? Well but of course!

By vulcanoid1975, Sep 20, 2012

Really ... does ABC ever finish a show?

Pan Am wasn't perfect ... I liked the diversity of characters despite being a show about glorified waitresses ... but there is a sense that what we see now as a bit of a stupid job isn't or rather in those days it wasn't. Air hostesses were more then they appeared to be. They had influence because they were the best of the best, or at least the preatiest - and they used that power for good ... and bad.

The story was a bit far fetched and sometimes a bit disconnected from the main plot, but photography was great and wardrobe was just fantastic.

The cast wasn't bad at all. I don't really like Christina Ricci but she's amazing in this one. Kelli Garner is a real surprise and I hope to see her in another series or even movie.

I really hate all the "was" in my sentences, because I was (another one) really liking the show

Now ... ABC, remenber that consumers of your product may get fed up from watching shows that don't have an ending ... when you pay for something you don't really like for it to be incomplete. So ... if you're going to cancel a show at least give us some CLOSURE.moreless

Bring back Pan Am!!

By SandyRoth, Sep 12, 2012

I am so disapointed that Pan AM will not be on. I loved the show! Please reconsider.

Series review

By RobertBennie, May 24, 2012

As a former Pan Am employee 1980-1991, I can assure you that of all the crap I was fed about the good old days, nothing sank to the level of the program episodes. I am a big Ricci fan and I wish her great success. No artist has to settle for this.

This short lived series chronicled the lives of a group of interesting stewardesses and pilots working for America's premiere airline in 1960s New York.

By meathead704, May 14, 2012

I would say "Pan Am" only lasted one season but that would not be entirely accurate. ABC never ordered a full season's worth of episodes for the show because it unfortunately never got the ratings it needed. "Pan Am" had the makings of a very good show. It had a top notch cast and the costumes and sets did a great job of capturing the time period of the early 1960s. Despite its appeal there were problems that prevented this show from being the great show it could have been. There were episodes that felt a little too implausible the pilot episode tried to put too much into it with detailed back stories for most of the characters. Despite the problems it's too bad the show did not get a second season. There were some interesting storyline presented in the final episode that could have made the show more interesting. Still it was a good show. I don't regret watching it.moreless

Load More Reviews