Phew! NBC Finally Renews Parenthood (for a Final Season)

By Kaitlin Thomas

May 11, 2014

After what feels like days and weeks of worrying about our favorite extended TV family, NBC has finally reached a decision on the loud but lovable Braverman clan: Parenthood will be back for a 13-episode sixth and final season.

Even though the Season 5 finale would've been an okay series finale—it ended with the entire family celebrating Zeek and Camille's new beginnings with one of their giant dinners, in a new backyard—it's nice to know that Parenthood will be back to wrap up the handful of loose threads Season 5 left us with. Oh, what are those threads, you ask? How about WTF Amber was doing buying a pregnancy test, like, the day after she participated in the most awkward cry-sex scene on the planet? And we just can't go on not knowing whether or not Joel and Julia actually worked things out and got back together after that adorable scene in Sydney's bed. He wasn't at the family dinner, and inquiring minds needs answers, dammit!

Are you excited for more Parenthood?

Check the Status of Your Favorite Shows: 
What's Renewed, What's Canceled, and What's Still In Between?

• Comments (30)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • Lady_Jay May 12, 2014

yes love it &3

• Abelak May 11, 2014

YAYYYYYYYYY!!

• robinh4 May 11, 2014

I'm really happy Parenthood got renewed. But, sad that it will be it's last. It's a great show and has an awesome cast. Why only 13 episodes though? Geez.... NBC.

• ReeNee3120 May 11, 2014

yessssssssssssssssss!

• CherokeeRose4 May 11, 2014

Even though this isn't one of my "apointment" shows, I'm glad to read that its getting some closure. And I think 13 episodes is just right.

• mipharell87 May 11, 2014

YAY !!

• aldaros23 May 11, 2014

so disappointed its a limited renewal for Parenthood, it's one of the best shows. Can't believe NBC didn't order a full season of it.

• Eric10301 May 11, 2014

We should be thankful for the 13 episodes. The show is no ratings juggernaut and NBC didn't have to give us anything.

• KevinG87 May 11, 2014

I'm glad Parenthood got renewed and will give the fans a chance for closure, atleast as much as possible. I hope Joel gets his act together and stops being a dick and he goes back to Julia.

• CharmedOneP391 May 11, 2014

Amazing news. I couldn't handleboth Community and Parenthood getting the Axe.

• spr12cr May 11, 2014

Yay!

• See More Comments (7)