Parks and Recreation's 100th Episode: Au Revoir, City Council
It's hard to believe that NBC's Parks and Recreation—which was shaky in Season 1 before finding its feet in Season 2—has been on the air long enough to be celebrating its 100th episode, but here we are. Ten-times-ten hilarious episodes featuring Leslie Knope and the Pawnee Parks Department are now in our rearview mirror.
For being such a major milestone, "Second Chunce," didn't really feel all that special. That's not to say it wasn't obviously an important episode—it took place over the course of Leslie's final day in office as a city councilwoman—but aside from Ben and Leslie's trip to Paris at the end, and an increase in the number of big-name/returning guest-stars (Kristen Bell, Henry Winkler, Kathryn Hahn, Ben Schwartz, etc.) in a single episode, "Second Chunce" felt like any other installment of Parks and Rec, which is to say it was both heartwarming and funny, while still staying true to itself.
Parks and Rec has always been a series about little people doing big things, and in "Second Chunce" it was about Leslie doing big things in terms of her own life. She chose not to run for office again, and instead took a relaxing vacation to Paris with her husband. After 100 episodes of only thinking of Pawnee and its wacky citizens, she set out on a well-deserved vacation, and we were reminded just how wonderful this series about a small town parks department can be.
THINGS WE LEARNED IN THIS EPISODE:
– Andy talks in his sleep.
– Chris and Ann are having a boy!
– Kristen Bell's Ingrid is living her best life.
AND THE BEST QUOTES FROM THIS EPISODE:
– Andy: "That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca."
– Ben: "It's like a raccoon shantytown."
– Ingrid: "It's like what Sir Ian McKellan said to me the day I sold my boat to Karl Lagerfeld."
– Ron: "I believe luck is a concept invented by the weak to explain their failures."
– Ron: "Time to head back to the office. I've missed an entire day's work, so at least some good came from this."
– Andy: "I could be wrong; I haven't pooped in three days."
– Ron: "I don't like French words. I do like the word business. You may continue."
What did you think of "Second Chunce"?
- Comments (25)