Parks and Recreation

7.4

Quirky and fun

By katerpillar1, Oct 29, 2014

Just so good. Wtf.

Wow, unbeleivable how they ruined this show.

By muleasdeathiweh, May 20, 2014

I have never seen anything like what the writers have done with this show. It went from suck, to good, to really good, to so so, to sucks butt.

Leslie's political views and general life dogma couldn't possibly be any more ridiculous at this point. If in the next episode she was somehow lost at sea, the show would actually improve probably.

Office Spinoff?

By mikepatrickhayes, Feb 26, 2014

This show does a lot of things right but can't climb in the ratings too high on my scale because I feel like I'm watching The Office in a new setting. Leslie Knope is Michael Scott 2.0.

Its not really a bad thing. The Office was great. But Parks and Rec seems to be a little ways off from creating its own identity.

Of all the sitcoms to hook your boat to, The Office isn't a bad one though.moreless

Used to like

By anastasia1243, Feb 08, 2014

Most of season 1 (09)

How This Show Is Different From The Office

By gpph, Feb 04, 2014

Season 1, this WAS an Office copycat. Leslie Knope was an inept bumbler who took her job so seriously that no one took her seriously. Her employees, especially the guys, were straight men. But the show changed in its second season, starting with Leslie Knope.

Unlike Michael Scott, Leslie charms her employees into loving their job as much as she. She's highly capable and enthusiastic. She's cute as hell. Unlike Michael's employees, each of Leslie's is uniquely developed, hilarious, and--key word--lovable, strong enough to carry an episode on their own. Most shows are lucky to have one Great character who sticks with you: Gustavo Fring from Breaking Bad, Coach McGuirk from Home Movies... IMO, Parks and Rec has at least three: Leslie, Ron, and Jenn Barkley.

I stuck through Season 1 on Netflix because I had nothing else to do. It wasn't until "Hunting Trip," in Season 2, that I felt the show take a turn for the better. If you're a newbie, that's where I recommend you start. By the Season 2 finale, I felt so lucky to have stuck it out. Every episode from there to the end of Season 4 is hilarious. And I mean it. I love this show.moreless

Pawnee 1st in friendship 4th in obesity

By Tunacarlos, Dec 30, 2013

I love this show it is one of my all time favorite comedies, i love the cast and just everything about it

kid yo

By arleenmatos5, Dec 14, 2013

Can I be april's dead pan kid? Please, or not I don't care.

What one might expect.

By michaelemanuel, Oct 11, 2013

At least it's generally what I expected. It's an okay show, but inconsistent in my opinion. Some episodes are hilarious and others, just corny and dull. Despite all that, parks and rec is still a fun show to wind down with at the end of the night, assuming you catch a good episode. You should more often than

Parks & Recreation: A Show to Grow On

By Ahm3d, Aug 12, 2013

Having watched every episode of every season so far, I have to say that the show has had its ups and downs, mostly ups though. When I first sat down to watch it, I wasn't too impressed. Completely bored in fact with the utter lack of humor in the show. I was wondering how the show got the Golden Globe nominations it did. The acting and character development were abysmal. I was on my way to just quitting watching the show, but finding nothing else to do I piled on. The first season passed with barely a mark being made in my head.

The second season was a vast improvement to the first. The laughs were far more frequent and Poehler really began to shine. To be honest, the only thing that kept me going till that point was Nick Offerman's character. But then, I had a whole bunch of reasons to keep watching. One of the best things that happened to the show was getting rid of Paul Schneider. His acting was - in a nutshell - weak. He was the thing holding the show down. It's no wonder that ever since his exit from the show the laughs have been getting better and the show just manages to hold your attention.

Season three was the season Parks and Rec hit gold. Making Rob Lowe and Adam Scott part of the main cast was genius. This is around the time when I began to fall in love with the show. Everything about it just became infinitely more interesting.

The remaining two seasons continued the high brought on by the change in cast. Everyone else just seemed to get better as well. Ansari became funnier, Offerman more bad-ass, Plaza more quirky, Pratt more silly, Jones more expressive and Poehler more effervescent.

I was about to give up on the show, but I'm glad I plowed through the first season. If you got frustrated early on and decided to never watch the show again, I IMPLORE you to give it another go. Everything wrong with the show became everything right with it. Parks and Recreation - an incredible comedy to grow on.moreless

Something for (almost) everyone

By Jojask, Aug 10, 2013

It's just lovable. And funny and awesome and I'm very happy that shows like this exist.

Load More Reviews