Parks and Recreation

Show Reviews (56)

Good
7.4

What I want to say is...

By srba_tb, Mar 08, 2015

If there were only more Leslie Knopes in this world, it would be a much better place! I really needed to say that. And, of course, the show is great.

Great

By adamdecker399, Feb 26, 2015

I was always more of a casual fan of this show than anything else. I liked different parts of it. My main problem with it is that I was never sure it was even about parks and recreation. The show made fun of politics a lot. There are right ways and wrong ways to do that, but I think that they did everything the way that worked best. I'm not sure yet if I'll get DVDs of this or not. But to everyone else, I hope that you enjoy it too because I had a fun time tune into it.moreless

Best show of all time.

By jfitzcinnamonbuns, Feb 23, 2015

My favorite show of all time. The most hilarious, lovable, brilliant, underrated cast ever. Their character relationships are developed and heartfelt. Everything about this show tickles me and warms me to the bone. So sad to see it end.

Something for (almost) everyone

By Jojask, Jan 21, 2015

It's just lovable. Funny and smart and I'm very happy that shows like this exist.

It might have overstayed its welcome a little bit though.

Old Chestnut

By RoyalBlue007, Dec 30, 2014

As a mega fan of The Office "Parks" was a huge disappointment. The only reason I even gave it 3 stars is because Ron Swanson (Nick Offerman) is the best character I've seen since Dwight Schrute (Rainn Wilson) and Andy Dwyer (Chris Pratt) was another strong character. The show just became stagnant and lacked depth as it went on. The show became politically cliche. The citizens are all idiots and the "do-gooder" councilwoman played by Amy Poehler cares about people so much that she knows whats best for the sheeple. She lives in a town of obese people, who love big gulps the size of popcorn buckets with greasy burgers and see life through there own idiotic self satisfying lenses. In one episode Ben Wyatt (Adam Scott) goes to a pawn shop and tells the cashier he needs his help with something. The cashier said he had just what he's looking for and pulled out a bucket of guns to sell him. It was nauseatingly obvious the message they were pushing which I can stomach if the show is funny but it only had funny moments. It was not a show where I was excited for the next episode to air and it the story line was boring to follow. Good news is "Archer" will be back in Jan of 15'.moreless

Quirky and fun

By katerpillar1, Oct 29, 2014

Just so good. Wtf.

Wow, unbeleivable how they ruined this show.

By muleasdeathiweh, May 20, 2014

I have never seen anything like what the writers have done with this show. It went from suck, to good, to really good, to so so, to sucks butt.

Leslie's political views and general life dogma couldn't possibly be any more ridiculous at this point. If in the next episode she was somehow lost at sea, the show would actually improve probably.

Office Spinoff?

By mikepatrickhayes, Feb 26, 2014

This show does a lot of things right but can't climb in the ratings too high on my scale because I feel like I'm watching The Office in a new setting. Leslie Knope is Michael Scott 2.0.

Its not really a bad thing. The Office was great. But Parks and Rec seems to be a little ways off from creating its own identity.

Of all the sitcoms to hook your boat to, The Office isn't a bad one though.moreless

Used to like

By anastasia1243, Feb 08, 2014

Most of season 1 (09)

How This Show Is Different From The Office

By gpph, Feb 04, 2014

Season 1, this WAS an Office copycat. Leslie Knope was an inept bumbler who took her job so seriously that no one took her seriously. Her employees, especially the guys, were straight men. But the show changed in its second season, starting with Leslie Knope.

Unlike Michael Scott, Leslie charms her employees into loving their job as much as she. She's highly capable and enthusiastic. She's cute as hell. Unlike Michael's employees, each of Leslie's is uniquely developed, hilarious, and--key word--lovable, strong enough to carry an episode on their own. Most shows are lucky to have one Great character who sticks with you: Gustavo Fring from Breaking Bad, Coach McGuirk from Home Movies... IMO, Parks and Rec has at least three: Leslie, Ron, and Jenn Barkley.

I stuck through Season 1 on Netflix because I had nothing else to do. It wasn't until "Hunting Trip," in Season 2, that I felt the show take a turn for the better. If you're a newbie, that's where I recommend you start. By the Season 2 finale, I felt so lucky to have stuck it out. Every episode from there to the end of Season 4 is hilarious. And I mean it. I love this show.moreless

Load More Reviews