Prisoner's Dilemma

Episode Reviews (20)

Great

Jim Caviezel back as the Prisoner

By matsee, Oct 01, 2013

The title of Prisoner's Dilemma had the prisoner is in refererence to Jim Caviezel as lead character John Reese.

The title of this episode and who it was alluding to is quite curious since Caviezel had played The Prisoner in the remake mini-series.

So in a way Caviezel had returned as The Prisoner, albeit a different one, in the Person of Interest episode.

Second Best POI Episode Thus Far

By ARAP, Feb 10, 2013

Okay, this was a brilliant episode all around... The writing, the acting, the directing, the producing... Everything. *SPOILERS*

The flashbacks seemed to focus on the idea of choice. They showed Reese and Kara working together in Paris and Prague and some choices Reese has had to make. They reveal no grand revelation, but aid in Reese's character development substantially. The replaying of the Ordos flashbacks (Matsya Nyaya) was a bit tedious for us die-hard POI-ers, but I didn't mind.

The episode itself was brilliant. Reese told us so much in what he told Detective Carter, and the story arc was excellent. And as per usual, it was brilliantly acted all across. Lots of twists and turns, great music, and the Fusco side-storyline, which served as the much needed comic relief was hilarious. Overall, excellent episode and runnerup to only Many Happy Returns... 9.5/10.moreless

Kudos for the small details

By BoxyP, Jan 26, 2013

Amazing episode, simply thrilling!

Have to say I really appreciate the funny bits in what is otherwise a very serious episode, though the funniest part for me was definitely Finch gearing up to break into a prison :)

Very few shows can pull off multiple continuing story threads, weave them together and still have a thoroughly coherent narrative. This episode has definitely succeeded there - Elias, FBI, rogue CIA, the shadowy government group, even that idiot that was Bear's previous owner, all combined together and necessary for the development of the episode and the continuing of all the stories.

One more thing I wanted to say is that I also very much appreciate the effort they put into making the Bosnia storyline as believable as possible. Most TV shows choose one of us small countries from across the Atlantic, stick in a few names that sound vaguely from that region, and then mess every other little detail up. I hate that, simply hate it. So, naturally, when I saw the article in Serbian, I paused to read through it, and it's definitely written by someone who knows the language well, with no grammatical mistakes. As a Serbian speaker myself, it's beyond frustrating to find these little tidbits, pause the episode to inspect it, only to discover everything written in Russian, which, while also a Slavic language, has very little in common with Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian trio. So, kudos to the makers for that.moreless

Irrelevant

By TheRealFaygoKid, Jan 25, 2013

Special agent Donnelly already knows what "the man in the suit" looks like. He saw him in episode 23 of last season. So why does he need Carter to interrogate the 4 suspects?

A Hint of ....

By RunningGirl510, Jan 18, 2013

I love this show. It makes Thursdays worth waiting for.

I would love to see a romance begin between Carter and Reese. I saw a hint of that during the interrogation scenes and they way Carter defended Reese to Donnelly.

It would be a nice addition to the story lines. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Best Ever!

By reesesblackcoat, Jan 14, 2013

There are no words to describe how brilliant this epsode was. Congratulations to everyone involved,from the actors writers etc. It was like watching a movie.

Jim Caviezel is just flawless as Reese.

Sad part was when poor Bear was crying for John and did anyone notice what he was lying on? Pulled at the heartstrings.

I thought the kiss between Cara/Reese was hot! So jealous of that woman.

Can't wait for the next ep. 10/10

Loved it!

By shonetran, Jan 14, 2013

Best episode of the year of any TV show thus far.. let's see if anything can dethrone this :)

OMG! This one went from purgatory straight down to hell

By Teayay, Jan 13, 2013

This must possibly be the strongest episode of PoI so far. Loved the interrogation sessions, Carter was wonderful playing her double game. But I never saw the ending safe to say that it's not all over yet!

Loved this storyline, PoI is so much better when it has a continuing story that goes on and keeps you interested. The number-of-the-week-stories kinda falls flat in comparison to this excellent episode.

Perfect 10/10

By Lyta_499, Jan 12, 2013

Just an amazing episode, there's really nothing more to say! Season 2 just keeps getting better and better, the tension is rising and we need to be patient for the next one (which will be a rather hard task to perform, given this one's ending)... Best show on TV right now, and far ahead from the rest.

A question.

By WellsFargo, Jan 12, 2013

Why is Reece, when viewed by the machine in the past, surrounded by a yellow square? This would be before he knew about the machine

Load More Reviews