Popcultured

Show Reviews (15)

Terrible
2.6

This is one of the worst television shows I've ever seen.

By RumpusRoom, Jan 25, 2011

While the concept could have worked under the control of someone competent, Popcultured just falls flat on its face. It attempts to make fun of the celebrities everyone already makes fun of, and usually with juvenile, amateur results. Either this show needs to have all its writers and actors replaced, or it needs to be cancelled.

This show Sucks, actually it sucks and blows.

By bmo999, Jan 25, 2011

This show bugs me so much, it is beyond horrible and Elvira Curt is one of the worst comedians ever. Im begging you please cancel this show. We dont need any more crappy shows. I will never watch this show again. And i cant tell im not the only one who hates this show. For humanity please cancel it.

The Worst Show I've Ever Seen.

By heavenly_leigh, Jan 25, 2011

Pop Cultured is the worst show I have ever seen on TV. I can't believe something this awful was ever put on TV in the first place. I can only hope that everyone involved in this show (writers, creators, producers, actors) were fired when this turd was finally canceled and have been banned from ever working on a TV show again. Someone else said "if poo could barf the result would be Popcultured", which I agree with. Actually that might be an insult to poo since unlike Pop Cultured it actually has a use, as a fertilizer. I don't know what puke can be used for but I'm sure it's better than Pop Cultured too. I can't say enough how truly truly awful this show was. Deplorable, pathetic, juvenile, completely devoid of any value whatsoever.moreless

AWFUL

By leighro, Jan 25, 2011

This show is/was truly pathetic. I can not believe that it was ever put on TV in the first place. Can just anybody have a TV show? Seriously because if that is the case then I want my own TV show I can't be any less funny than Popcultured was. It was so bad it can't even be put into words. If you are reading this and you saw Popcultured before then you know exactly what I mean. If you haven't seen it, well then I guess just count yourself lucky because you really dodged a bullet. Pathetic. Just plain bloody awful.moreless

A show so terrible it doesn't even deserve to be dignified with a review.

By lbcyber, Apr 02, 2007

It's already been said: Popcultured is the result of a completely untalented staff attempting to duplicate the successes of one of the most popular comedies of today, in this case being 'The Daily Show.'

Elvira Kurt is no Jon Stewart, plain and simple. While pop-culture is certainly a worthy subject for satirical commentary, there simply isn't any talent or wit anywhere to be found here to make it work, and all 'jokes' (and it even pains me to call them such) are only followed by awkward silences and charitable chuckles by a handful of people in the audience. That itself is funny to watch, but can't possibly deserve a series.

Watch something else, and pray that this doesn't make Canadian television even more mediocre than it already is.

On the plus side, the introductory segment is mildly entrancing.moreless

A great show! Makes me laugh all the time :3

"Here's a recap of lost. They're still lost." XD!!!!

By steven12y, Sep 30, 2005

Give the show a chance! It's great! A great show! Makes me laugh all the time :3

"Here's a recap of lost. They're still lost." XD!!!! However I hate the interviewees, except when it was the Canadian idols :D I hate David Reale though, bring back Levi Macdougle! Woo! Yeah.

An unfunny comedian hosts an unfunny show.

By Mtaeoc, Sep 24, 2005

I really can't stand this show. I really can't. And the reasons are scatterd amongst the horrible writing, the anger enducing Elvira Kurt, and the several other idiots that try and make this show funny. It's a shot to Canadian comedy, which didn't have a great reputation to begin with.

I don't mean to be crude, but it's hard not to. This show actually makes me want to better it. Although that wouldn't be too hard to do.

I realize this is a poor attempt at a review, but it's rare that a show makes me write one this fast. You know, cause it disgusts me to the pit of my stomach.moreless

Never recovered from the last hiatus.

By TheBeatnik, Sep 09, 2005

In its inception, “Popcultured” was not a very good show. Actually, it was so lame that one might have expected the writing staff of writing a very cleverly concealed satire of the entertainment newsmagazine/talk show, but host Elvira Kurt’s cringes after each failed joke in the opening monologue indicated otherwise. No, this was just another one of those Canadian cable comedy series, with a poor host, laughable “celebrity” guests and correspondents who weren’t much better (in fact, they were worse in some cases).

Then something happened. There wasn’t a formal shift in this shows focus or anything, but Kurt’s cringes came less often. The material started to bite a little more, and the correspondents (especially Jean Paul, Levi McDougall and Laurie Elliott) were worth the price of admission alone. The interviews were still horrendous, granted, but just about everything else was worth recording on a daily basis. If only that had lasted.

Sadly, in the last hiatus (which I can only suppose was Comedy Network imposed, as the new “Popcultured” had several subtle changes from the former), something happened. One can’t really put a finger on what, but what was obvious was that the show that came back was something different. Deflated would probably be the best word, as everything seemed to run by the numbers and the jokes just didn’t have that same bite anymore. Sadly, this isn’t the show that was so very funny during its brief strong period. Laurie Elliott is really the only funny correspondent left, and Kurt herself is unwatchable. Except for brief moments of brilliance, her monologues have become complete write-offs. In the end (although the actual end has not yet come for the show, just my ability to watch it regularly), “Popcultured” is the Canadian television tragedy all over; it started hot, and then faded fast. No durability whatsoever.moreless

BRUTALLY BRUTAL!

By Hawky, Aug 08, 2005

Why is this show still on? I couldn't get to the remote before the opening monologue finished, and there wasn't a single thing said by the very unfunny Elvira that even remotely provoked a grin.

This is by far the worst show on telelvision...and obviously the 'live' crowd feel the same. Why would the producers choose to include that smattering of broken laughter, anyway?

Popcultured should have to pay us to watch...and pity the products advertised during show breaks. Consumers like myself are so disgruntled by the 10 minutes of network airtime preceeding them, we feel like taking it out on Captain Crunch too.

Boo, Comedy Network! Boo!moreless