Project Runway

Show Reviews (111)

Great

Nina's Potty Mouth

By lilsugarbear, Aug 16, 2014

I don't know about anyone else, but I am sick of listening to Nina Garcia spout off the word vagina. So unbecoming on her and disgusting. She keeps it up and this girl won't be watching anymore! My 86 year old mother and I watch it every week, but we were both appalled and disappointed in Nina Garcia.

The Jet Pack Dress Won!!??

By Shelley326, Aug 09, 2014

Seriously, Judges?? I may not be an fashionista, but you really thought that dress was a winner?? It looked like she was wearing Anagonda snakes or Sigourney Weaver's gun packs from Alien. I think Zac slipped at called them drain pipes, which gave me hope that he saw the ridiculousness of the dress. Sorry, but it was too ugly for words. Her first dress as a winner was a shocker, but this one is ridiculous. If this is what the show is about, I'm discouraged. Emily's pantsuit was amazing. If Nina has "seen it before," I wish I knew where. Would love to buy it. Give us a break judges. Come to our level just a bit.moreless

Shark Jumped

By linewton, Aug 08, 2014

When this show first started, the avant garde, grand, and impeccable craftsmanship were rewarded. Now the judges are just punking us and the ugliest designs seem to win every challenge. It seems (for several seasons) that the judges decide early on who they want to win, and they make it happen no matter how horrible the designs are. We're doneagain.

I am bored

By shopgirl284, Sep 09, 2012

What is with Season 10 and the judges love affair with the everything boring???

Sadly, I am losing my love for Project Runway. I have been a big fan of the show from the first season, mainly because unlike so many other reality shows, the people on Project Runway have a talent and the show focuses on that versus the BS drama you see on most reality shows. But I also loved was the ability to see new, different, and uniquely designed clothes. Clothes and styles that were not already available at every department store in the country.

But for the last few years though, the judges seem to have the attitude that the more boring and simple, the better the designer (which seems to have started when they gave the win to Gretchen instead of Mondo in Season 8). I do not get why the judges love Christopher so much and he is always in the top. And Fabio makes the most boring simple things out of all of them.

I think it is time for new judges. It seems like all the current judges are looking for is the next Micheal Kors. Not to say Micheal Kors is not good designer, but his style is classic. The type of basic pieces even your grandmother still has in her closet. And though we all like and need those classic pieces, a whole TV series on "classic fashion" like a good basic pair of pants or that basic fitted jacket you can still wear 10 years from now makes for very, very, boring TV!!

I thought the point of Project Runway was to see new, different and unique points of views in fashion. How creative these new unknown designers can be. I know that the real fashion business is mostly boring and there is little money to be made in the different, unique, and creative realm of design. But this is still a TV show. And I want to be entertained. Not bored to sleep.

That is why everyone liked Mondo. Not everyone can wear his clothes and they may not be timeless pieces that sell out in the stores, but his clothes were different and fun and you wanted to watch the next episode to see what crazy cool thing he made the next week. His clothes were entertaining and fun to watch. That makes for good TV.moreless

Dmitry should have won tonight!

By LaurelKaskurs, Aug 31, 2012

I think all the designers that remain this season are ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!! However, I have no idea why Dmitri hasn't won the last three challenges! I have watched this show religiously since season one and his unique point of view and design aesthetic are right up there with my ultimate fave, Seth Aaron! To quote my favorite movie, Zoolander, "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!" Give this guy a win already!!!!! Love, Laurel Eve DeFalco

Small town in PA "Just Curious"

By SmalltowninPA, Aug 17, 2012

Not a Reality TV viewer here, but am curious on a few things on this show. I've seen maybe 3 or 4 project runway episodes. All the designers seem to focus on the younger generation type clothing. Do they ever show or make any designs for the middle aged or older ladies? or even the Larger ladies. I am not a professional seamstress by any means,but I have been sewing for 40 yrs. and I've made beautiful dresses for the church ladies and others in our town. I feel the market would be a better idea, because the older ladies have more more to spend or buy, than that of the younger lady with a family. "Just Curious"moreless

Best reality show!

By lovgrenfan, Oct 02, 2011

PR is just the best reality show. It challenges people WITH talent in a brutal business. Like the Apprentice, but with fashion. I love the whole set-up and the show feels classy. Respectable judges and a variety of different designers with different points of view. Great finales and Tim Gunn is just fabulous.

I think I love the concept of this show more than I like the show itself. Even with all the enticing drama it is the end products that I watch this show for.

By ihavenotwin, Nov 05, 2008

I think I love the concept of this show more than I like the show itself. I've always been interested in design and so seeing designers doing their thing is fantastic. They are forced to design out of their comfort zone and with a deadline that helps you to see what it is like for them to cope under pressure. The drama and interaction between the contestants is always entertaining. Even with all the enticing drama it is the end products that I watch this show for. I can never see myself wearing anything that they design but I have to admit that there is always something beautiful to look at at the end of the show.moreless

Disappointed with judges, all four should go to Bryant's Park because Jerrel's and Korto's wedding dress were horrible but at least Jerrel's bridesmaid dress was beautiful!

By ilona69, Oct 09, 2008

I completely disagree with the fact that Jerrel's dress won (for the second time), the previous show and after the judges could not decide for a looser put him to compete again. Instead, they should have gave him the spot for the Bryant's Park finale and let the rest compete for the best two. After all, he won the episode where the three contestants are chosen to go for the finale, so it is not fair. Obviously after watching the wedding dresses, Korto's was the worst and she should be out. That dress was horrible, Was it a wedding dress? Are you kidding?. And the bridesmaid dress was....what?. Both were absolutely out and the bridesmaid dress should be made in a different color. Sorry but you judges made a huge mistake. I love the show and have seen all of them, but you should take in consideration that if this happens again who ever wins between the last four, will guarantee his/her spot to the Grand Finale, otherwise is a BS, why did you bother to announce a winner... "and the winner is..." What for? It does not make any difference! No?

I also want to remind people that this is a designer competition, not a personality competition, one with an attitude the other with tears, or baby talking, or poor me I worked so hard....My God everyone worked hard, Don't you think so? The Question: "Why Do you think you deserve to go to Bryant's Park?

Duh! Because I am very good and I can show the world that I have a future as a designer. That is why I made it this far.moreless

Load More Reviews