It's Official: Psych Is Ending With Season 8, and USA Has Announced a Series Finale Date

By Kaitlin Thomas

Feb 05, 2014

After eight seasons, a musical, and 100-plus episodes of silly shenanigans and pop culture homages, USA has confirmed that its long-running comedy caper Psych will solve its final case in the Season 8 finale—now also a series finale—on Wednesday, March 26 at 9pm. 

Season 8, which premiered on January 8, has long been considered to be the series' last, even if some fans aren't ready to say goodbye to Shawn and Gus and their hilarious adventures in the fake-psychic detective world just yet. Once Maggie Lawson (Juliet) booked the now-dead comedy Back in the Game last year, the writing was very clearly on the wall that the end was near. And if last week's news that Timothy Omundson—who's played Carlton "Lassie" Lassiter since Psych premiered in 2006—has been tapped to star in ABC's new comedy pilot Galavant wasn't enough, well, now it's officially official. The pineapple days are over, Psych-Os.

Here's a simultaneously cute, sad and creepy video of series stars James Roday and Dule Hill making the announcement themselves:

But if you can't bear the thoguht of a Shawn and Gus-less existence, here's a bit of good news to ease your pain: The series finale won't quite be the end. Immediately following the episode, USA will air Psych After Show, a live, one-hour special featuring a Q&A session with series creator Steve Franks and the entire cast. 

But then it really is over.

With only five episodes left in the entire series, what's on your Psych wishlist? What would you like to see before Shawn and Gus say goodbye forever?

• Comments (82)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • ddiannschubert6172 Mar 11, 2014

This show is so much fun! Sad to see it end

• SweetMissJaye Mar 09, 2014

I still can't stand the thought of the show ending. I'm so sad.

• sunnyde Mar 03, 2014

save psych please this is a great show

• ndrose Feb 27, 2014

Depressing

• jjafargi Feb 10, 2014

Will the after show be hosted by Chris Hardwick?

• upsmann44 Feb 08, 2014

Please visit www.facebook.com/SavePsych

• melissaredden165 Feb 08, 2014

Loved the show from day one . It will be truly missed :( Goodbye USA , without Psych I have no reason to tune in !

• SweetMissJaye Mar 09, 2014

Yes, I agree. The other shows are not even remotely interesting.

• tv-obsessed Feb 08, 2014

i think 8 seasons is great run. end on a high cause there is a point is has to go downhill. i just pray they don't do anything like season 9 of scrubs

• jarlikacasey Feb 07, 2014

I'm so mad this show is coming to an end,I think if they really wanna go out on top they should bring everybody who ever played on the show back, make it to where shawn and gus hits there heads and they start having deja vu, everything they see they know they already solved the case and when they wake up the last pased 8 years was just in their heads.

• Yaspaa Feb 06, 2014

Aww, I'll miss it.

• See More Comments (55)