Fox Cancels Raising Hope

By Tim Surette

Mar 10, 2014

You're on your own, Hope! Fox has announced that Raising Hope's upcoming Season 4 finale will also be it's series finale. In other, more plain and cruel words, Fox has canceled Raising Hope. The Chance family had a good run, though, lasting four seasons despite never being at the forefront of network comedies. Raising Hope will say goodbye with back-to-back episodes on Friday, April 4 at 9pm. 

Raising Hope's cancellation isn't too surprising given that Fox recently renewed New Girl, The Mindy Project, and Brooklyn Nine-Nine. With those three comedies presumably anchoring Fox's Tuesday-night comedy block next season, they'll ultimately form a support group for whatever lucky in-development comedy ends up getting a shot on that night. That leaves Raising Hope on the outside, and since it's been sputtering on Friday nights (the most recent episode did a 0.5 rating in the adult demo), it was probably easy to cut. 

Fox still has decisions to make about Dads and Enlisted, neither of which is looking good for renewal. Sadly and despite all logic saying otherwise, I think Dads has a better chance of being renewed due to Seth MacFarlane's involvement and its cheaper-to-produce multi-camera format. Fox will debut its final comedy of the season, Surviving Jack, on Thursday, March 27, but unless it ends up doing really, really well, putting it on the air is just a formality.

Will you miss Raising Hope?

• Comments (63)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • rookie08 Apr 19, 2014

WE CAN TRY TO SAVE RAISING HOPE ( WELL WE CAN TRY THE SAME FOR COMMUNITY,BEN AND KATE...CHECK THE PETITIONS) AND SHARE IT:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/943/862/680/save-raising-hope-dont-let-fox-cancel-it/

• Darkcanuck65 Apr 04, 2014

This has been one of the most consistant and funny comedies of the last few years. I amvery sad to see it go. Garret Dillahunt was utterly amazing as Burt. How he never got recognized for that role I will never understand. I do feel lucky that it lasted this long. I enjoyed my time with my friends in Natesville.

• hvanhagen Mar 27, 2014

just another reason to hate fox. i mean, the show wasnt doing so well but still better than most other sit-coms (community always pops up first, then P&R;)
    i truely will miss the chances

• fanboy34 Mar 21, 2014

I wouldn't say I'll miss the show because it is about the right time for it to go now. Four years for a quirky sitcom is great and any others that went longer always became an embarrassment at the end. I'll even give Raising Hope credit for doing their own nod to jumping the shark in last week's episode at the telethon.
    I'm happy they did these last two seasons, even if harsher critics might feel the comedy was getting weaker - I think they had just settled into a more normal beat. Sadly though, "normal" on a quirky show is less hilarious. Thanks for the laughs and I'll see you in reruns once in a while.

• TQB Mar 20, 2014

I loved the first 2 seasons of Raising Hope. After that it just kinda... got boring. It seemed to lack the same heart it had in the beginning, no?

• JackSaat Mar 20, 2014

Well this sucks I loved this show!

• Savvytvfan91 Mar 20, 2014

Well this is sad.

• irehawk20 Mar 19, 2014

Dads should also get cancelled because of bad acting, poor plot and terrible title. I know Enlisted is not doing well, but I can predict it will get renewed because it fits well with Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

• Lolwat12345 Mar 16, 2014

I think this has been a down year of Raising Hope but It still gives me more laughs then most other comedies. I loved on the most recent episode they were making fun of themselves, (being a tv show, being moved to Friday, mocking typical sitcoms formula) it felt a bit like Arrested Development. I think they figured they were getting canceled so they decided to have some fun.

Anyway, sucks to see it go, maybe someone can pick it and My Name is Earl up but I doubt it.

Greg Garcia, you're one funny dude.

• Jaykeson Mar 16, 2014

I think it is getting to the point where soon all I will be watching is DVDs of past sitcoms. Raising Hope was the only comedy (besides 'The Middle') left on TV that I actually enjoyed watching.
    I just find it strange that 'My Name Is Earl' only had 4 seasons as well.

• See More Comments (39)