Watch the First Trailer for ABC Family's Mysterious Ravenswood

By Kaitlin Thomas

Aug 27, 2013

ABC Family has released the first trailer for Ravenswood, the network's newest mystery series. Ravenswood, which premieres October 22 at 10pm, is a spin-off of Pretty Little Liars and stars Tyler Blackburn as his PLL character Caleb Rivers. While the trailer doesn't show us any footage of the series—it just started filming last week—it does provide us with a first look at the rest of the main cast, as well as some fog, a cemetery and a whole lot of dirty raven feathers. If I didn't know any better, I'd say this music video (face it, that's pretty much what it is) took a page out of Damon Salvatore's book in the pilot of The Vampire Diaries

What do you think? Does this trailer make you want to watch Ravenswood?

thekaitling:list:does-this-make-you-want-to-watch-ravenswood/

• Comments (33)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • LittleRedding Aug 29, 2013

I like Caleb as a regular on PLL, so I'm not sure how I feel about this... as long as Hannah and Caleb don't break up so he can go to Ravenswood then I might check it out.

• Svanehjerte Aug 29, 2013

I didn't need a trailer to decide if I'm going to watch it in the first place. HELL YES! I kinda have to after having had a PLL marathon and gotten hooked.

I wonder how this new series will fit into the same universe as PLL. There being a curse could only mean I will like it even more than PLL where there's nothing supernatural.

The trailer look a lot more colorful than what we've seen from Ravenswood before, but I guess they couldn't keep the whole series permanently dark.

• No1Slayerette Aug 29, 2013

I'm slowly working my way through Pretty Little Liars this summer, just started season two, and I'm quite surprised that this means Caleb will be around for a while. I figured his relationship with Hanna was just going to be a couple of episodes long, a short arc, and then be done with, but I guess not.

• Boozwaa Aug 29, 2013

Looks like a show for teenagers....

• BereniceAndrea Aug 29, 2013

DON'T BLINK.

That's what I think.

• fflea Sep 11, 2013

Ahhhhh....a Doctor Who fan!? Good reference.

• BereniceAndrea Sep 11, 2013

Oh yes!

• TheNotSoSC Aug 28, 2013

It's starring Britne Oldford from Skins and American Horror Story! :D

• AndreaMcCooey Aug 28, 2013

Hey, they fixed the colours! But no, this "trailer" actually made me want to watch it less.

• iheartfrosty Aug 28, 2013

Sooooooo I've never watched a single episode of PLL...but I love the name Ravenswood, lol, and I'm a sucker for curses and cemeteries and raining raven feathers and that one guy is pretty attractive. Do I need to know anything PLL to watch this?

• fflea Sep 11, 2013

I share your opinion of what caught my attention exactly!! I watch an extreme amount of tv mostly for those reasons!

• Svanehjerte Aug 29, 2013

I don't think you will, but it will probably help if there will be cross-over episodes. You should try out PLL, it's fun!

• fflea Sep 11, 2013

I really want to see PLL now. !

• mekare06 Aug 28, 2013

will watch for tyler

• sleepy-sonic Aug 28, 2013

I don't watch Pretty Little Liars so no.

• See More Comments (11)