Cancun

Episode Reviews (13)

Great

Interesting scenes but not a good episode to watch as your first one in the series.

By JohnnySoftware, Dec 26, 2010

Sam gets a fridge dropped on him from a high shelf in the store by his friends as a test. What kind of friends do that?

A stain on the ceiling supposedly looks like someone they know. Well, it does not. It looks like a random stain.

Sock neglects his beautiful girlfriend causing her to break up with him. On the rebound, Sock starts kissing a succubus. Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire!

Sam goes to see someone that was given the power to see the future by the devil. He gets a tarot reading. Then he gets a bad spell put on him.

Without having seen any previous episodes the show seemed like a somewhat disconnected series of scenes.

This is not one of those kind of episodes that uses flashbacks and allegory to bring you up to speed!moreless

Fantastic end to the season!!

By nofeartina, Jul 15, 2008

I must admit, I actually had to see this episode a couple of times before I could write this review. I wasn't too excited the first time, but then it really grew on me the second time. So Sam might not be the devil's son after all, because it kinda seemed like Sam's Dad was some kind of demon... How else could he have survived in that cage buried in dirt?? I really liked that twist. So what is Sam's dad? Is he maybe the devil's son? I don't know, I can almost feel a headache coming on from speculating so much. And that is exactly how a season finale should be!! :D

I really can't wait to see what they come up with for season 2!!moreless

Reaper finale

By exterminator25, Jun 12, 2008

Sam is supposedly the devils son, so Tony tests him out, and sam uses telekinesis. Josie and Sock break up. Sock then snogs a Succubus, which makes Sock feel extraordinary. Sock and Sam go to stop the soul, a Tarot, who hangs Sam. Sock lifts Sam up, saving him, and puts Sam on a telephone line and captures the soul. Tony lures Sam to the site and captures Sam in King Solomons Cage and attempt to bury him as they bury him. Sams dad arrives and gets thrown in the cage with Sam. Steve appears as an angel and Tony saves Sam, killing his dad. Sams mom then digs up Sams father, and hes alive? Is he a demon?moreless

Done well

By aj_the_kidd, May 30, 2008

Considering allot of shows suffered at the hands of the writers strike i was glad to see, IMO, that this show didn't. It has never been a great show, but it has always been good. Back to the show, where do i start, if you have watched the previous episodes you would have known that they suspect Sam is the spawn of Satan. Toni believes this but considering Sams good nature he reluctantly decides to capture Sam in a cage that imprisoned the king of demons, can't remember this name. Toni actually gets Sam to help him build his own prison, now thats cold. Meanwhile Sam keeps getting visions of Steve, Toni's former lover. Steve actually appears to Sam and gives him some instructions, which later on save his life.

Anyway a good ending and nice twist with Steve and Sams father. Looking forward to next season.moreless

The CW finally does something smart: not canceling this brilliant show.

By Gold_Ruby, May 26, 2008

Reaper isn't exactly a television masterpiece, it's just a really great underrated show. But with the conclusion of the first season, it's on its way to being admitted to the club of television hierarchy.

Sam deals with the truth of the identity of his father. Kudos on Reaper's writers, I never figured that Sam might be the Devil's son till a couple of episodes ago. He already has enough issues, he really doesn't need to worry about who his father is.

This episode wasn't lacking in humor either. Sock falls for a succubus and even though he knows the relationship will eventually kill him. Sock is finally moving from the comic relief role and into a more "real" role. But that scene with him carrying Sam was pure comic genius. I also love the return of Steve. I hated how he died and I was glad to see him back. He even made it to Heaven. I found that absolutely sweet. Good for Steve, he really got a great afterlife.

As for that twist ending: I think I figured it out, Sam's father is the son of the Devil, making Sam the grandson. So goodbye for now Reaper, count on me to be in front of the TV for the next season premiere.moreless

One of the best (and most cleverly subversive) shows on television.

By sagarmathasgirl, May 23, 2008

This episode just showed off why it's a good idea to watch "Reaper"...and an even better idea to renew it for next season. Well-written episode this time, good characters always, interesting plots.

It could be assumed that this episode, being the season finale, would focus on the story arc of the whole season/series. But instead, it was more character-driven. Andi takes an interest in Sam's demon-hunting activities, he tries to get to the bottom of his parents' deal with the devil, Josie breaks up with Sock and he starts a relationship with a demon (which is probably not good for him...). In short, they decided to focus on what's made this one of the best shows on telly this season: the characters. Their personalities are so unique, yet they go so well together. Who would have thought that Tyler Labine and Ray Wise could do so well in the same show together? So, this episode was just another showcase of how good "Reaper" as a whole is. I also loved the return of Steve. Steve and Tony were one of my favourite parts of this show since they appeared on it. They're SO cute together, and very good characters in their own right. (I cried when Steve died, to give you some idea of how attached I am to them...) So I was very happy with how they handled his return as an angel. Turns out his plan to be "good" worked after all. Did anyone (but me) happen to notice the subtle subversion inherent in sending Steve to Heaven in the end? Everyone's focused on how he, as a demon, made it to Paradise. BUT...I can't imagine the writers didn't realise they were also sending a gay man to Heaven at the same time. Love them for it, of course!! Great show, great characters, great acting. Can't wait till next season.moreless

The first season goes out with a bang!

By lisagraham, May 22, 2008

I have really enjoyed Reaper's freshmen season... smartly written, funny and sweet, and at times a little gory... watching Sam accept his fate and learn to deal with it has been an exciting ride...

Then tonight Sam is torn between his loyalty to Tony and his promise to spy for the Devil, then he finds out Tony is out to get him because he's the Son of Satan... Is He?

As I watched I totally thought I knew what the heck was going on, but I guess not :)

The whole time I'm expecting that Tony will come to his senses... I'm expecting the revelation that Sam is the Son of Satan... I am NOT expecting Sam's parents to be DEMONS!!!

WTF? Did that really happen? How OUTSTANDING! What a great twisted ending to a great new show's first season!moreless

The D.A.S. (demons against satan) try to capture Sam, while Sock is addicted to the kiss of a succubus.

By JordanCaine, May 21, 2008

Great one!!! The demons around Tony are trying to catch Sam in an iron cage. They still believe that he is evil and will be the destroyer of all the good on earth. Meanwhile Sam is visited by Steve who tries to help him. In the end he really does help him. Steve is the proof that a demon can go to heaven after his dead and this is all Tony needs to know. 'Cause he believes that Steve wouldn't appear to Sam if he was evil. Sock also has some problems. Josie broke up with him (again) and after that he kisses a succubus which makes him on speed for a short time after the kiss then he loses one year of his life. He's kinda ddicted to it and also Ben wants to get high. Another great fact is that now Sam believes that he could be the son of the devil. After the D.A.S. captured him in the cage his 'father' tried to save him and get killed. Anyway Sam thinks so. In the end it turns out, that his dead is kinda immortal. I think the story turned out pretty well 'til now and I really wanna know what's the bid secret between Sam's parents and Satan.moreless

This episode was pretty intense. A lot of stuff changes.

By Synetech, May 21, 2008

It was lame that they assumed that Sam was the Devil's kid just because the washing machine didn't fall on him. Did it ever occur to them that maybe it wasn't Sam that stopped it? Maybe it was the Devil that floated it. Their little experiment proves nothing, duh.

Andy said what I figured out as a little kid. Having the Devil prove that he exists is anything but scary. His existence proves the existence of an after-life, Heaven and Hell, God, etc. So it would be a wonderful thing if he confronts you (yes, it would still be a a little scary, but then you just remember that God who was just proven to exist should be looking out for you). This is why the Devil's greatest trick was to pretend he doesn't exist; doubt and fear are much worse than whatever he can do.

I love the imagery of Sam playing catch with his "daddy". :D

It was narrow-minded of Soc to think that Marlena would be into a threesome; she is a succubus, not a sexual-deviant-a demon not a perverted human.

Also, it was interesting that Soc could capture the demon. That really helps Sam out, since he does not have to actually do it himself all the time (I suppose he doesn't technically have to do it at all).

I can't wait for more.moreless

Load More Reviews