Show Reviews (16)

Superb

I wanted to like this, but its so painfully politically correct its hard to watch.

By Lollipopfop, Jun 11, 2014

Absolutely every episode I watched was an hit-you-ovet-the-head aesop about some current liberal thing. There are apparently no crimes in Victorian London that were not about women being mistreated by men, and then further failed by the system( an anvil over the head about how great feminists are); mistreated gays, also failed by the system( and an anvil about gay rights); then discriminated against Communists and Union Organizers (who innocently gave power to men like Stalin) and an anvil about how great unions are, and how terrible employers are. Too bad, if it was really more about actual Victorian London, and crime it might have been a fun show.moreless

Last 2 episodes

By HenkWeijers, Dec 18, 2013

Where the best of this season! This is one of my most favorite shows...

End now it's ended? Why? Stupid shows stay on and the brilliant ones get canceled.

So we are now subjected to more rubbish reality shows and they cancel one of the only decent shows!!!!

By sueatherton1, Dec 17, 2013

I couldn't believe it when I read that the BBC has cancelled the brilliant show 'Ripper Street'. Night after night we have to sit through reality show after reality show. Believe it or not people are fed up of the endless drivel which is shown on our TV's. Finally, in Ripper Street there was a good series, gripping story-lines and McFadden and the cast could not be more suited to the roles. Finally someone got it right and what did they it!' So now its back to my books again as I will not sit and watch the crap like X-Factor, Strictly, I'm a Celebrity. There is not balance for the people who do not enjoy the low budget reality shows. Bring back Ripper Street!!!moreless

By penfoldfenning, Dec 16, 2013

Well the bbc are wallys,why cancel such a brillent series,gritty believeable and truley mind we'll get some wishy washy drivel as usual well done bbc,maybe if they did'nt give golden handshakes to executives there would enough money for drama such as Ripper sad ,wonderful actors,costumes and again bbc has shot themselves in the foot.

By annetteshanahan, Dec 13, 2013

I would like to ask why, when it seems that funding can be found for the production of a variety of banal programs that follow a staid pattern of writing, production and lets be honest here, pander to an audience who like to be spoon-fed modern culture but none can be found for what has been a wonderfully written, acted and beautifully produced series.

The research behind the stories has been eye opening and as far as I can see accurate, the set designs are gorgeous and I have nothing but praise for the program.

It would appear that the BBC has brought about Ripper Streets downfall by poor program scheduling and we now have to pay the price by being denied what is one of the shining lights in a rather dull year of program offerings.

Come on BBC sort this out and don't disappoint, it would be such a shame to relegate Ripper Street to the archives.

moreless

Please sign the Ripper Street petition

By michellegill5243, Dec 11, 2013

Some idiot at the BBC obviously had a sudden blow to the head and decided to cancel this excellent show - only one of the most original on TV at the moment! Still, it doesn't feature a never-has-been eating excrement on live TV, so what can you expect?!

Please sign the petition to force the BBC to reverse this decision - and find someone new as head of Drama who has at least 2 functioning brain cells (that bit's not part of the petition - just my own POV).

Here's the link:

Thanksmoreless

Can't believe it

By ddstephens, Dec 10, 2013

So who at the BBC let the goob who is as dumb as a rock in a sock into the meeting to say hey!! Lets cancel this top notch show. I really liked this series. I thought it was doing pretty good. They probably will replace it with something totally non-digestible. Now if they don't renew White Chapel I am going to be p od.

Just heard Ripper Street is cancelled........... - what madness is this BBC?

By Dramafriend, Dec 04, 2013

What fool at the BBC has cancelled this terrific series? Just read all the comments on this site to see how right I am. So sorry if they don't change their mind as all the actors on this are TOP CLASS. Particularly sorry for the excellent Damien Molony who has just joined "Ripper Street" as he did a wonderful job on "Being Human" to take over from Aiden Turner, then the show was axed. Really sorry about this, Damien. Keep up your spirits - thousands of us are big fans of you and the shows you are in. I totally agree that every cast member in "Ripper Street" should have an individual award - edge of seat stuff. Come on BBC - how can you let "I'm a Celebrity" rubbish end this amazing show.moreless

Excellent!

By zap_niles, Sep 23, 2013

I love it, which means it will likely get cancelled, just like Copper. I thought BBC had promise by producing two great historical dramas. Now I realize they are just like any other network -- if they don't get a billion viewers for each episode, they dump the show and replace it with mindless garbage instead. I'm hoping season two of Ripper Street comes soon, unless BBC decides to cancel it first.

Bloody Blokes Do It Again

By SFBarbear, May 09, 2013

BBC does it again with another great story. Amazing period piece work with great sets, story, acting, and unparalleled production values. A police story taking place int he times surrounding and after the Ripper murders. it has little to do with the Ripper murders more about the police, residents and families of the Whitechapel area or London. Completely enthralling, dangerous and sexy.

Load More Reviews