Show Reviews (20)

Superb

ripper street

By elatin, May 16, 2015

Love the show, love the people in it. Only thing is having BBC America cannot get to watch if they repeat at 2 am in the morning. Love to see repeats during the weekend. Keep up the great work. Love watching Jerome Flynn in Ripper Street and Game of Thrones.

Please update the page

By AmySF, Apr 29, 2015

For cryin' out loud, season 3 premieres on BBC America tonight, and there's nothing about it on this site. What's going on?

UPDATE....

By JayeshShukla, Dec 25, 2014

Pls Update the page with latest 3

3rd season missing

By Uoldar, Dec 18, 2014

the 3rd season is already running (ep 5) .. where are the infos?

I wanted to like this, but its so painfully politically correct its hard to watch.

By Lollipopfop, Jun 11, 2014

Absolutely every episode I watched was an hit-you-ovet-the-head aesop about some current liberal thing. There are apparently no crimes in Victorian London that were not about women being mistreated by men, and then further failed by the system( an anvil over the head about how great feminists are); mistreated gays, also failed by the system( and an anvil about gay rights); then discriminated against Communists and Union Organizers (who innocently gave power to men like Stalin) and an anvil about how great unions are, and how terrible employers are. Too bad, if it was really more about actual Victorian London, and crime it might have been a fun show.moreless

Last 2 episodes

By HenkWeijers, Dec 18, 2013

Where the best of this season! This is one of my most favorite shows...

End now it's ended? Why? Stupid shows stay on and the brilliant ones get canceled.

So we are now subjected to more rubbish reality shows and they cancel one of the only decent shows!!!!

By sueatherton1, Dec 17, 2013

I couldn't believe it when I read that the BBC has cancelled the brilliant show 'Ripper Street'. Night after night we have to sit through reality show after reality show. Believe it or not people are fed up of the endless drivel which is shown on our TV's. Finally, in Ripper Street there was a good series, gripping story-lines and McFadden and the cast could not be more suited to the roles. Finally someone got it right and what did they it!' So now its back to my books again as I will not sit and watch the crap like X-Factor, Strictly, I'm a Celebrity. There is not balance for the people who do not enjoy the low budget reality shows. Bring back Ripper Street!!!moreless

By penfoldfenning, Dec 16, 2013

Well the bbc are wallys,why cancel such a brillent series,gritty believeable and truley mind we'll get some wishy washy drivel as usual well done bbc,maybe if they did'nt give golden handshakes to executives there would enough money for drama such as Ripper sad ,wonderful actors,costumes and again bbc has shot themselves in the foot.

By annetteshanahan, Dec 13, 2013

I would like to ask why, when it seems that funding can be found for the production of a variety of banal programs that follow a staid pattern of writing, production and lets be honest here, pander to an audience who like to be spoon-fed modern culture but none can be found for what has been a wonderfully written, acted and beautifully produced series.

The research behind the stories has been eye opening and as far as I can see accurate, the set designs are gorgeous and I have nothing but praise for the program.

It would appear that the BBC has brought about Ripper Streets downfall by poor program scheduling and we now have to pay the price by being denied what is one of the shining lights in a rather dull year of program offerings.

Come on BBC sort this out and don't disappoint, it would be such a shame to relegate Ripper Street to the archives.

moreless

Please sign the Ripper Street petition

By michellegill5243, Dec 11, 2013

Some idiot at the BBC obviously had a sudden blow to the head and decided to cancel this excellent show - only one of the most original on TV at the moment! Still, it doesn't feature a never-has-been eating excrement on live TV, so what can you expect?!

Please sign the petition to force the BBC to reverse this decision - and find someone new as head of Drama who has at least 2 functioning brain cells (that bit's not part of the petition - just my own POV).

Here's the link: