TNT Puts Premiere Dates on Rizzoli & Isles, Major Crimes, Perception, and More

By Tim Surette

Mar 14, 2014

Just a few days ago, TNT's action series got their day in the sun as the network announced the premiere dates (and released trailers) for Falling Skies, The Last Ship, and Legends. Today, it's all about crime-cracking ladies, schizo professors, overdramatic oil tycoons, and bros posing as lawyers. TNT's busy summer starts June 9 with the Season 3 premiere of Major Crimes, and continues all the way through late August as it fills the warm months with 10 original series. 

Let's line 'em up in easy-to-read style!

Monday, June 9

9pm: Major Crimes Season 3 premiere
10pm: Murder in the First series premiere

Tuesday, June 17

9pm: Rizzoli & Isles Season 5 premiere
10pm: Perception Season 3 premiere

Friday, June 20

8pm: Cold Justice Season 2 premiere

Sunday, June 22

9pm: The Last Ship series premiere (previously announced)
10pm: Falling Skies Season 4 premiere (previously announced)

Monday, August 18

9pm: Dallas Season 3 premiere

Wednesday, August 20

9pm: Legends series premiere (previously announced)
10pm: Franklin & Bash Season 4 premiere OMG this is in Season 4?

There's a good chance you don't know what Murder in the First is about since it's a new show, so here's a recap: Taye Diggs (Private Practice) and Kathleen Robertson (Boss) star as a pair of detectives (whoa, novel idea!) who work two seemingly unrelated murder cases... for an entire season! And yes, I say "seemingly unrelated" because surprise surprise they are, in fact, very related. And if you don't know what Franklin & Bash is yet, then I envy you. Have a kick-ass summer!

• Comments (30)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • CynthiaBell1 Mar 15, 2014

out of all the shows on that list I look forward to Franklin and Bash the most. What is that late start about? the summer is almost over by then. I enjoy its light heartedness. Not everything needs to be so serious and based on real life

• tryptz Mar 15, 2014

YES! Cant wait for the return of MAJOR CRIMES!!!!!

• fweak Mar 15, 2014

Saw the trailer for Legends, and it looks like it could be good stuff.

• JT_Kirk Mar 15, 2014

Wow, Franklin & Bash is getting put in the back of the class with that late August release. I wonder how they're going to retool it this season.

• vampman87 Mar 14, 2014

Dallas is still in season 2? But the last batch of episodes ended on such a nice neat little ending and I had to wait almost a YEAR for the current episodes to air.

Nice to see Franklin & Bash is coming back. Love that show. I honestly thought season three was the last like Unnecessary Roughness. Both shows got rid of the main locations, but UR changed pretty much everything and made the show suck, whereas F&R; had a pretty hilarious feud storyline with Rob Lowe.

• PatriciaBourg May 05, 2014

nope season it's in 3 the second half starts in august

• Akyriel Mar 14, 2014

Their scheduling is strange how they have shows like R&I;, Perception, and Dallas coming back, or returning to finish their current seasons, then they jumop into the next season within three or so months. I'd actually prefer a straight run of a season, then the usual few months off before the next instead of this stupid mid-season breaks.

USA is the same like with Suits - A long break in a season then come back just to finish 6 episodes left. It's kind of stupid and confusing if not paying attention to what season it is.

• Mate Mar 14, 2014

I miss SouthLAnd. So so very much.

• hazben May 01, 2014

i have absolutely NO IDEA how southland got axed. TWICE!!

that show had some of the most interesting characters on a cop show since NYPD BLUE! i really have no idea why and i have dissected it over and over.

LOTS of action. great plots and writing. interesting characters. a plethora of possible story lines for all the characters as the seasons went on [or should have]. they even had the token GAY character who it seems you absolutely have to have in shows these days [or else!!].

so, WHAT? i have never seen a good reason given anywhere.

ANOTHER SHOW i thought was going to be around a while was the cop show that had christopher from the sopranos, DETROIT 181. just like southland, 181 had interesting characters with all the must have content. GONE after one season.

heck, i am still whining over THE DRESDEN FILES getting hacked!! i loved that show and preceded all the vamp/witch/warewolves shows that are all the rage now. had the show premiered 3 years later i bet it is still on. the sidekick in the bottle and the vampire "clan" approach was a fresh twist on the vamp thing.

oh well. ok, i'm bitter, i know. and now it looks like 3 of my fav NEW shows are getting booted, RESURECTION, DRACULA and HANNIBAL.

I will need therapy to deal with all that.

• flyPBA Mar 14, 2014

What is "The Last Ship?"

• Akyriel Mar 14, 2014

TNT is going to take take viewers on an action-packed ride with the exciting new drama series The Last Ship, starring Eric Dane (Grey's Anatomy) and executive-produced by blockbuster filmmaker Michael Bay (Transformers). The Last Ship opens with a global catastrophe that nearly decimates the world's population. Because of its positioning, the Navy destroyer U.S.S. Nathan James avoids falling victim to the devastating tragedy. But now, Captain Tom Chandler (Dane) and his crew must confront the reality of their new existence in a world where they may be among the few remaining survivors. Rhona Mitra (Strike Back) plays Rachel Scott, a strong-willed, intelligent and fearless paleomicrobiologist assigned to the ship. Adam Baldwin (Firefly, Chuck) is XO Mike Slattery, a former homicide detective and Chandler's second-in-command. Also starring in The Last Ship are Travis Van Winkle (Heart of Dixie), Charles Parnell (Pariah), Christina Elmore (Fruitvale Station), Sam Spruell (Snow White and The Huntsman) and Marissa Neitling (Leverage). Based on William Brinkley's popular novel, The Last Ship comes to TNT from Bay's Platinum Dunes and its partners, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form, whose credits include the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Bay, Fuller and Form serve as executive producers, along with showrunner Hank Steinberg (Without a Trace, The Nine), Steven Kane (The Closer) and director Jack Bender (Lost). Steinberg and Kane wrote the series pilot, which was directed by Jonathan Mostow (U-571).

Sounds decent.

• flyPBA Mar 20, 2014

ahh thanx!

• bluemorphotat Mar 14, 2014

Rhona Mitra & Adam Baldwin + sci-fi-sh? Count me in!

• Placebo_obecalP Mar 14, 2014

Wonder how they'll write out Lee Thompson Young's character, part of me would like them to address the issue of suicide by having his character found exactly as the actor is found, might help some young people who're facing such issues reach out to those who can help them rather than taking their own lives.

• BereniceAndrea Mar 15, 2014

Doubt it, it wouldn't fit his character, plus, it would've been really had to shoot. Too emotional.
    Frost is either going away or being killed (most likely) but probably on the job.

• SteveFreeman1 Mar 15, 2014

Since it's not something they can shoot (unless if they use CGI, which still never looks right), I have a feeling he'll just disappear. They may say he went to China (?) to get back together with his GF that just moved there, or something like that.

• renerocker Mar 14, 2014

What´s wrong with Franklin + Bash?

• See More Comments (5)