Roommates

Show Reviews (5)

Good
7.7

ONE OF THE BEST COMEDIES EVER!!!!

By scott4laughs, May 26, 2010

This is one of my all time favorite shows!!! This show is directed at the 18-25 year old demographic but easily appeals to thirty and forty year olds that enjoyed the show Friends.

It is right up there with Friends and How I Met Your Mother. I really wish the show would be allowed to continue. With the proper publicity it would become a hit. Not only are the characters funny, but they are interesting and there is real chemistry amoung the cast. Since there are so few good comedies on television anymore, the networks need to cultivate the few good ones with true potential. Please keep this show on TV.moreless

The story of a man who runs into his ultimate crush and moves in with her and her roommates. It follows the lives of those four people and the main characters weird best friend.

By jyarter, May 26, 2010

I liked the actors on this show and they are not to blame for the poor ratings it really is about the production and characterization. It has/had so much potential.

The laugh track is really annoying and the story's are poor retreads of other sitcoms before it. Very unoriginal.

The very few episodes I could sit thru were replete with embarrassing and sometimes off color ways that one could screw up their relationship with someone they secretly love with the help/hinderence of an incompetent and possibly unintelligent best friend.

Then the relationships of the roommates are strange at best. The other guy living in the apartment seems to be there just to fool with the main character. Again annoying at best. I like the two female characters and the main lead, but they need to tone down the really out there personalities. The female who is the crush is pretty much oblivious to life on this planet from a characterization point of view. Again annoying. This show could be fixed but needs help now if it is going to be. They really need to find other ways of moving the plot forward without making the characters seem unintelligent or spacey.

Thanks for reading...moreless

Great show

By M0h1o, Jun 20, 2009

It is too bad that the show was cancelled, I hope that the producers re-think their decision. but, frankly the show had some great scenes. in my personal point of view, I consider it as one of my favorite shows of the last couple of years.

I don't think that the cost of the show is too high for it to continue at least for the end of the season since there are few number of sets and small number of actors on it.

I really hope they re-open the show in the nearest future so that we dpon't forget the story.moreless

After a run-in with Katie, a girl he crushed madly on during high school, Mark will do anything to win her heart - including applying for the open roommate slot in her apartment. Only there's one problem...will he ever tell her how he feels?

By Tm04, Jun 08, 2009

Reminiscent of FRIENDS, ROOMMATES is the kind of show that just screams lovable weirdness. While it's easy to see how the simple format and older target audience might have played a part in its early cancellation, it certainly is a shame to see an enjoyable show with a lot of potential get knocked off so soon.

The differences in the character personalities and circumstances create believable relationships and only add to the hilarity - sweet and innocent Katie trying to find her niche in the world, her rigid best friend Hope struggling at a coffee shop after getting canned from her executive job, their "ladies man" of a roommate James, and new roommate Mark, who just can't seem to find the right moment to tell Katie he loves her. Not to mention Mark's eccentric best friend and former roommate Thom, who of course always finds a reason to visit Mark's new pad. The cast is a great one, and each actor really brings their character to life. My only real complaint with the show is that it's either extremely funny - or extremely not. It seems there's no in-between with the writing, which could explain the ratings if some only tuned in for certain episodes. While not a perfect series by far, ROOMMATES definitely raised some laughs while it lasted, even if those laughs were only a few.moreless