Roommates

Show Reviews (5)

Good
7.7

ONE OF THE BEST COMEDIES EVER!!!!

By scott4laughs, May 26, 2010

This is one of my all time favorite shows!!! This show is directed at the 18-25 year old demographic but easily appeals to thirty and forty year olds that enjoyed the show Friends.

It is right up there with Friends and How I Met Your Mother. I really wish the show would be allowed to continue. With the proper publicity it would become a hit. Not only are the characters funny, but they are interesting and there is real chemistry amoung the cast. Since there are so few good comedies on television anymore, the networks need to cultivate the few good ones with true potential. Please keep this show on TV.moreless

It was terrible, like Friends if it was in Hell. Canned laughter at jokes that aren't even funny. Didn't actually laugh during this whole sitcom.

By missemvy, May 26, 2010

The characters are shallow and weak, nothing intrigues me about them. This gives the viewer nothing to keep watching for.

The entire pilot seemed like it was trying so hard to impress and still failing, though it kept pretending like everything was fine.

Don't bother watching this unless you like terrible sitcoms. And I do mean terrible.

It's definitely no "How I Met Your Mother". The main character is needy and pathetic, infatuated with a girl he went to school with who he reconnects with in an elevator. He ends up moving into her apartment with her flatmates.

One of which is a chick who is overly snooty says she works in TV but is actually works in a coffee shop. The other is a witty sport-loving boy-next-door type. Overall I was not impressed.moreless

Great show

By M0h1o, Jun 20, 2009

It is too bad that the show was cancelled, I hope that the producers re-think their decision. but, frankly the show had some great scenes. in my personal point of view, I consider it as one of my favorite shows of the last couple of years.

I don't think that the cost of the show is too high for it to continue at least for the end of the season since there are few number of sets and small number of actors on it.

I really hope they re-open the show in the nearest future so that we dpon't forget the story.moreless

After a run-in with Katie, a girl he crushed madly on during high school, Mark will do anything to win her heart - including applying for the open roommate slot in her apartment. Only there's one problem...will he ever tell her how he feels?

By Tm04, Jun 08, 2009

Reminiscent of FRIENDS, ROOMMATES is the kind of show that just screams lovable weirdness. While it's easy to see how the simple format and older target audience might have played a part in its early cancellation, it certainly is a shame to see an enjoyable show with a lot of potential get knocked off so soon.

The differences in the character personalities and circumstances create believable relationships and only add to the hilarity - sweet and innocent Katie trying to find her niche in the world, her rigid best friend Hope struggling at a coffee shop after getting canned from her executive job, their "ladies man" of a roommate James, and new roommate Mark, who just can't seem to find the right moment to tell Katie he loves her. Not to mention Mark's eccentric best friend and former roommate Thom, who of course always finds a reason to visit Mark's new pad. The cast is a great one, and each actor really brings their character to life. My only real complaint with the show is that it's either extremely funny - or extremely not. It seems there's no in-between with the writing, which could explain the ratings if some only tuned in for certain episodes. While not a perfect series by far, ROOMMATES definitely raised some laughs while it lasted, even if those laughs were only a few.moreless