The Set-Up

Episode Reviews (1)

Great

Mark is set up on a date by Katie and Hope with a girl Katie knows pretty well. Mark goes out with her to please Katie and it turns out that the girl, Jenny is going out with Mark for the same reason. It turns out they both find Katie attractive.

By jyarter, Apr 21, 2009

I watched the first few episodes of this show and they were mediocre to bad. I was waiting for Sophie on ABC Family so I decided to catch this episode of Roommates. This was pretty funny stuff. Maybe this show has hit its stride.

The dates between Jenny and Mark are disastrous until they find out they both like Katie. Of course Mark misunderstands that Jenny just really likes Katie as a friend and not romantically. Of course his roommate James does absolutely nothing to help him but eggs him on about a three way with Katie and Jenny.

James says to Mark,"If you blow this I will buy a hamster and put it in your pants". A referral to a comment made earlier in the episode. Of course Mark does blow it with Jenny. Just as their third date is ending and she is walking to his room with him he blurts out he can't have a three way with her and Katie. She of course gets angry and walks out as she had no plans to do any such thing. James walks in and says, "Plans tomorrow? Cancel 'em. We're going hamster shopping."

This is almost like a different show then the one I saw a few weeks ago. The writing has evolved and the delivery is crisper. You don't feel embarrassed for the actors. Great improvement.

Thanks for reading...moreless