Old Timer's Day

Episode Reviews (3)

Fair

Jeff is old.

By thefanof, Apr 22, 2009

The low ratings for this episode are baffling as this was probably one of the best installments of Rules of Engagement this season. Patrick Warburton, Oliver Hudson and David Spade were absolutely hilarious, and this was the quintessential example of how a well-written episode should go. It had a good story with Audrey feeling that Jeff was old, and then took some interesting turns. The ending montage was hilarious, and was a great throwback to sitcoms of the 1980's.

I do not know why people do not like this show. Maybe they are just biased against David Spade, maybe they have other reasons. But Rules of Engagement is way too good to be a bubble show and hopefully a fourth season arrives.moreless

Jeff is not getting any younger and trying to prove he isn't getting older. Audrey's not buying it. Jennifer has gone off the pill and it seems to be effecting her general mood. Adam has a strange reaction to this. Russell is his usual trouble maker.

By jyarter, Apr 21, 2009

Show starts out with Jeff and Audrey watching a chick flick and Jeff falling asleep. He complains that he was up at 6:30. Audrey says, "I know you were up about 6:30, I just pretended to be asleep till 7:00!". Jeff says his patented, "Well played" line.

Jeff is trying to prove he's still young. He plays softball and when he sneezes from the umpire cleaning home plate he throws his back out. I've done it. It's funny, but not when it happens to you. So we get to see some scenes of Jeff getting dirt kicked on him while he is down including a soak in Russell's jacuzzi tub.

In the meantime, Jennifer has gone off the pill and this seems to be effecting her usually level mood. She's getting downright scary and Adam is cowering from her in general. Russell tells him to man up when Adam admits that Jennifer's actions are for some reason turning him on. When he tries this she gets a little too physical with him (which really isn't funny). I swear I thought Russell must have set up that last scene with Jeff scoring on the little dribbler in the infield. Maybe he knew someone or paid them off. Otherwise how would you explain that.

Also I could have done without all the jacuzzi scenes at the end with Adam and then Jeff in that robe!

Still pretty entertaining stuff. I think they really have something when they stick with Jeff and Audrey and have the other characters be ancillary to them or when Russell is the main character in the episode. It seems to work best that way. Thanks for reading...moreless