Samurai X

Show Reviews (121)

Great

you cant call yourself an anime fan without watching this

By saivaibhavg, Nov 18, 2013

awesome action sequences+ strong moral sense +set in pre modern japan= an absolutely bad ass anime series. Overall one of the must watch anime series and my personal favourite.

Teenage Males Watch This

By thequietvoice, Dec 22, 2012

A great action-adventure show with strong morals and themes. Exemplifies the virtue all young men should strive to possess, and it also had fantastic action sequences. Recommended.

It's an awesome show, and it teaches you how anyone can seek redemption so long as they stay strong and fight for what they believe in

By JugrajD, Nov 13, 2012

It's an excellent anime. I remember checking it out on Toonami, and I still rewatch it now. It has excellent characters, virtues, morals, and tells one to seek their own way of justice/right and wrong. My favorite characters are Kenshin and Sanosuke- badass characters and very heartfelt. I also like Hajime Saito a lot, but Yahiko, Kaoru, and the others rock as well. If you want to see an anime that stands the test of time, has excellent dubbing (I'm referring to Rurouni Kenshin, not Samurai X by Sony I mean)- please, please, watch this anime. It's amazing and one of my favorite shows.moreless

Rurouni kenshin is a good anime. It has drama, action and a very good story.

By Mauro_PB, Nov 27, 2009

Rurouni kenshin is a good anime. One of the best samurai show I ever watched, but I don't watch too many to put that as a true statement.

It has drama, action and a very good story. The anime story is one of the best I've ever seen, but I'm talking about the background story, not the character story, which lacks better development. The characters are very good, specially some of the villains. Sometimes I get myself cheering for the villain to win, since the anime don't rotulate the characters as a pure black or white. And I'm not talking about skin color but spiritual color. The anime rotulates most of its characters as a gray color,for an example, even Kenshin has a very dark past.

What I don't like are the humour parts. Sometimes they are right, but sometimes they are too childish. And this anime isn't an anime made for children.

Just because of this fact and the fact that the best episodes are in the serie middle (Legend of Kyoto cycle), after that the show loses its power, I can't give it a better note.moreless

One of the best anime out there...

By nephayugi, Feb 21, 2009

It is a very good anime, one that it's worth to watch. With the combination of action, comedy, and romance, the story line is one of the best. A very good action and great character build up are some of good aspects of the anime. However the ending is a little disappointing. I also like the fights because they are very detailed, good and realistic to some point. The animation is very good, considering the time that the anime was made.

The soundtrack in my opinion is very good and the sound effects are also very good.

I really enjoyed Rurouni Kenshin and my score to this anime is 9.5/10.moreless

One of the very best samurai aniem shows that you will ever see.

By drdan2410, Jan 30, 2009

Set durring the Meji Era of Japan the show follows a wandering samurai known as Kenshin. Durring the days of the Meji Revolution Kenshin was a skilled warrior who was blessed with exceptional sword skills and he was known as the Hitokiri Battousai. When the revolution was over Kenshin swore that he would never again take another life and thus he started caring a reverse edge sword and wandering Japan to atone for his crimes.

This is a brilliant show with great characters and an excellent plot. It is however a shame that they did not stick to the manga for the final story arc nd sadly that lets the show down somewhat.

This is however a truly epic show and well worth a watch.moreless

Kenshin is a very fast paced, action packed anime

By kitty7_1, Sep 08, 2008

Kenshin is a very fast paced, action packed anime. This anime is about a soldier from the Meji revolution of japan. During the war he as a Battosi, a legendary man slayer. Now, 10 years later, he wanders the country to repent for his actions. He met a young lady, Kaoru, and has since lived in her dojo along with samurai's son, Yakito, and a fighter for hire, Sano. The titular character has a sort of 'split personality' that is the main part of the plot. While comedic at times, the writers and animators make each change from wander to man killer very obvious. They way he acts and talks changes drastically. The underlying love story between Kenshin and Kaoru is always there, but doesn't take away from main plot line.moreless

One of the better series out there.

By Llama_guy, Aug 03, 2008

Rurouni Kenshin is one of the more well-known 90s anime series out there, and I'd heard lots of great things about it. On that premise, I decided to begin watching it.

RK can be divided into three major parts. The first part, the first 30 or so episodes, is basically an introduction-type of thing, where we get to know the characters and learn about them. It's not any continuous story here, just a new event every episode, or maybe small 2-3-episode arcs. Everytime, Kenshin and/or Sanosuke ends up saving the day, or Yahiko manages to prove himself just a little bit more. It's not very amazing in this part, but it's still very good.

The second part, which is from episode 28 to 62, is where the story finally begins to develop. Now it's a continuous story, much like what msot shonen anime series does. It is in this part that Rurouni Kenshin shows its best side, and there's a lot of pasts to look on, tons of emotions and resolves to change, and great action. Te pacing is just right too; it's not too fast, nor too slow. Everything about this part is perfect story-wise, if you ask me. This part also has an ending (since the remainder of the show is filler), which you may or may not like. Everyone, including the bad guys, get their story wrapped up, and for me, that's fine, but not everyone may share my opinion.

The remaining 32 episodes are filler as far as I've heard, and I haven't watched them yet. I don't think I will, since I thought the story ended so nicely; it'd kinda ruin the end if I watched more.

The animation is very good - considering the time it was made, that is. The coloring is a bit dull, and drawing style of the eyes and hairs of the characters is a style I don't really like a lot. However, aside that it's really good - the environments are lovely, and at times the animation is really smooth, even when comparing to anime of today. Lighting effects are good too, but I noticed one or two failed attempts in that department. One more thing - during sword fights, I got a bit let down every now and then. They don't always show when the sword hits someone. Instead, a a blue beam of light is shown and the character who's been hit is flying from the impact. It may create a "final blow" effect, but I didn't like it that much, really.

Character-wise, Rurouni Kenshin is a real masterpiece. The characters - even some of the bad ones, have pasts which have deeply affected how they act in the present. These pasts which serves as a motivation for their present actions adds depth to the characters, and it's easier to sympathize with them - even the bad ones. In addition to that, there's tons of character development; Yahiko evolving as a swordsman, Sanosuke turning from a fighter-for-hire into a person for fights more for his friends, bad guys questioning their being bad, and not to mention, Kenshin fighting against his past as a manslayer.

The soundtrack is, in my opinion, awesome. The background music is moody, fits right in with the setting of RK, and the songs are awesome. However, this is highly subjective, so you'll have to experience it for yourself. Unfortunately, the fansubs I watched didn't have the OP and ED themes included, so I just had to listen to them on Youtube. None of them really appealed to me, but you might think otherwise. Again, it's subjective, so you'll have to listen for yourself. Sound effects are good; from explosions to swords clashing against each others to cicada chirping. The voice acting is very good too, and I really enjoyed Kenshin's voice and his "gozaru".

All in all, I really enjoyed RK, and take my word: If you like shonen, RK is a must-see for you. Which means, most of the anime fans out there should see RK.moreless

Rurouni Kenshin-Wandering Samurai

By damythebad, May 24, 2008

Rurouni Kenshin-Wandering Samurai is about mainly a guy named Kenshin Hemoura

It is set in imperial Japan sometime after the revolution.Kenshin is a great warrior who practices a very rare fighing style which uses a reverse-blade sword.He is called a "manslayer" because he killed so many people when he was fighing in the revolution as a member of the imperial army. Sometime afterwards however,he mysteriously dissapers.He wanders around protecting the inoocent and vows never to harm anyone with his deadly fighting style ever again.

Then the story gets interesting,he meets up with Kaeru (sp?) and she takes him in as a permanet resident at her school at which she is assistant head master. Some other people came and stay at the school like Yahiko, a teenage boy who is a student at the school, he is an orphan who thinks he can take on the world.moreless

Load More Reviews