Samurai Jack

Show Reviews (140)

Great

One of Cartoon Network's greatest shows ever.

By bautistakenrick856, Oct 18, 2014

This is one of Genndy Tartakovsky's best work. I sure wish Jack had just defeated Aku once and for all, before Cartoon Network announce the cancellation. But I am glad Toonami (which is right now in Adult Swim) is rerunning it.

One of Cartoon Network's greatest shows ever made!

By Orca36, Mar 04, 2014

In the year 2001, Genndy Tartokovsky, one of the creators of Dexter's Laboratory and Powerpuff Girls, showed us his latest, and greatest, work. Samurai Jack! This is, without a doubt, one of Cartoon Network's best shows ever made. Between the main character, the fighting, and the beautifully artistic backgrounds, Samurai Jack is just an awesome, awesome show.

The plot of the show is that a samurai named Jack is close to defeating an evil demon named Aku, but before he can destroy him, Aku sends Jack into the future, where Aku rules the planet. Now Jack is on a quest to vanquish Aku, while trying to find a way back to his own time. Jack himself, despite being mostly quiet, is a really cool hero. Some of the side characters are funny too, particularly the Scotsman. The show's action is spectacular as well. But I think the best part of Samurai Jack is the artwork. The way the environments and characters are drawn is phenominal. The music is really good too.

However, as much as I love Samurai Jack, the show does have one problem. Jack never defeated Aku or returned to his own time! Why?! Why did the show end without Jack destroying Aku? It's kinda frustrating that Tartokovsky never finished the show. It was probably that 'cancel a cartoon after a certain number of episodes' rule. Thank god animated companies no longer use that stupid rule.

But apart from Jack never actually defeating Aku, Samurai Jack was an awesome animated show. It's animation was nicely drawn, the action scenes rock, the settings are awesome, and the characters are likable. I highly recommend watching Samurai Jack, for it is one of Cartoon Network's greatest shows, and one of the best animated shows ever put on tv.moreless

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPIIIIIIIIIIIIC!!!!!

By fosterfan123, Nov 03, 2013

From the creator of the epic cult classic dexter's lab,comes another show that is also totally epic.

Sure,this show may be nothing like dexter's lab,but it's still epic in it's own way.

The premise is GENIUS,the action is AWESOME and the animation is BEAUTIFUL!!!

There are also some funny as hell episodes like aku's fairy tails :)

Overall,just an epic show.

But one question, WHEN WILL THEY MAKE A MOVIE?

GOOD !

By benwalden562, Apr 28, 2013

very entertaining :D

Only have 10 words to say!

By Lyoko88, Mar 18, 2013

I only have 10 words to say: GOTTA GET BACK, BACK TO PAST, SAMURAI JACK, WATCH OUT!

How To Get Jack Home

By EricPlayer, Feb 20, 2013

Huge fan of the show; always really enjoyed it. Felt like it was too bad he never made it home. There is a blog that suggests an episode order where that might be possible, though:

playerpage. blogspot. com/2010/08/day-2-samauri-jack-hishe. html

This is better than today's crap.

By ApeOverlord, Mar 19, 2012

The animation and the sword fights were amazing. Seeing each episode of how he tries to get to the past interests me and I want to see each one. Aku is a pretty good villian despite the fact that he is a coward. This show was the best of this time. It was only on for a short time in my opinion. Now they have crappy shows like Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi and KND. PLEASE Cartoon Network!!! Bring it back!!moreless

What is this? Do I know this?

By tv_hacker, Sep 08, 2011

Who in the whole, greedy world thought of this junk? This show is unoriginal and it really stinks as a tv show. Every stupid episode they invent makes me want to kill the creators who created this show! Please. I demand everyone to dump this pathetic show. It sucks as hell!

One of the shows that got me interested in Animation.

By Connman14, Sep 08, 2011

This show was one of the first Cartoons I remember watching. This show is very simple. Takes place in the future, a guy from the past trying to get back. I really like the plot of it. It seems every times he gets close to his goal it gets snatched away from him. I was pretty mad when this got canceled. I wanted them to make an ending to it. There was no ending. I know of many shows that this happens to and I wish they would make a movie or one last episode that at least brings the series to the close it so diserves.moreless

Load More Reviews