End of Nights (1)

Episode Reviews (6)

Superb

End of Nights (1)

By TrueTvWatcher, Apr 07, 2011

End of Nights (1) was a superb opening episode of the second season of Sanctuary. I really enjoyed watching this episode because it had a lot of action, intrigue and plot twists. It was really interesting to learn what the Cabal was really planning and what they did to Ashley. This episode picks up where last season left off and had lots of great scenes. It was neat to learn what the Cabal did with the Source Blood. Kate Freelander was an interesting character who was working for the Cabal until they try to kill her. I look forward to watching the next episode and seeing where this season is headed!!!!!!!moreless

We learn what happened to Ashley and how this is going to effect things going forward. Also the Cabal is preparing for an all out attack on the Sanctuary Network.

By jyarter, Sep 18, 2010

I was a little upset with the way the cliff hanger left things at the end of last season considering we had to wait over nine months for the premiere of this the broadcast second season premiere. So we end tonight's episode with a cliffhanger of the cliffhanger. With Part 1 of End of Nights.

Despite all of that this was pretty good classic Sanctuary. We have a number of dynamics in place. We have the Cabal experimenting with genetics. We have the Sanctuary trying to figure out what direction the Cabal is taking. In other words they are trying to stay one step ahead which they are able to do very rarely. Helen and John are looking for Ashley with no success. Henry is trying to get his friend to take the serum Tesla put together but with no luck. We also meet the new member of the team Kate Freelander played by Agam Darshi. Kate looks like she is Ashley's replacement in the weapons and action department. Unfortunately we had another cliffhanger sort of cut things off as they really got good. ***** Major Spoilers *****

Ashley has been killed and reborn as a version of all of the original members of the The Five. She can do all of the things John, Tesla, and the others can do. They have also been able to make five additional duplicates so they have six of these assassin thieves to use. They seem single minded and controlled. The Sanctuary was able to grab at least one of the possible copies before there were seven.

So we'll wait for next weeks episode to really understand what the End of Night really means. It should be fun. Thanks for reading...moreless

In Search of Ashley. Hello Lady Deathstrike. Hello Magnus and co.

By AegisAtreyu, Sep 18, 2010

Sanctuary last season for me got off to a pretty average start but somewhere around mid-season when the mythology and characters kicked in I got hooked. Even from the start it was clear that Sanctuary was a show unto its own. It has it's own feel and pacing... actally pacing, that was one of the major problems it had in the beginning. Luckily this episode fixes this and adds in split screen, halfway between 24 and The Hulk, which gives an extra styling to its already comic book sensibilities.

It's those comic book sensibilities that set this show apart from others. Now I've never been a fan of comics myself but this makes me want to read them. It's clear there is a sense of The Cabal's toying with Ashley's DNA to be wolverine/Lady Deathstrike inspired. The nails (Tesla has the same nails in Vampire form) and the moves very much a big feature. The experimentation on Ashley as they pumped things in particular Vampire Blood into her was something you would not see in any other live action TV show. Add the maternal doctor (great character, not a mad scientist, that actually added to the feeling that they were creating a new Ashley) and you have a very entertaining and intriguing plot strand.

I also like some of the character work that has gone into the show. Magnus is now working for a common goal with Tesla and Druitt to find Ashley. She is clearly upset and driven, when she threatens new character Kate Freelander you genuinly believe she may lose it. Bigfoot and Henry as well where we get some great scenes that give us a sense these characters are supportive of and have known each other for years. Bigfoot will not take his medicine for the sickness due to seeing it as a giving in and not being strong in the traditions of his tribe. Both ourselves and Henry do not understand why he sees this as being a weakness but its clear that despite being cast out that he has his culture and he will respect it. The tension comes out of the characters friendship and I liked this strand and am looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Keeping the episode going at pace was the search for Ashley, in particular the car chase was great and I did seem to notice that there were more daytime, less in shadow, shots. Has the show received more money for its budget. It definitely seems so. This can only help the unique (for tv) world that the show has created already.

Lastly, that ending going into the second part felt rushed and underwhelming. You didn't just have time to compute what it may lead to. Yeah there may have been clues it just feels rushed. The next episode despite this is sure to be a must watch but more because of the previews and not the ending itself.moreless

Sanctuary is back. We learn what happened to Ashley, and the Cabal's future plans.

By marvelfan89, Oct 11, 2009

An entertaining season premiere. I was surprised with how much they put out there. The Cabal is going on the offense to take down the Sanctuary and to build up their own army of abnormals.

The episode picks up where last season left. Ashley has been modified as a test subject for the Cabal to create their own abnormals. Ashley tries to fight back , but the scientists control her.

Ashley has several powers which makes her dangerous plus she has the source blood in her. Dr. Magnus and Will eventually find out what's happening due to their persistence of capturing a rogue Cabal informant, Kate Freelander (is that her real name).

In short, the episode introduced a story arc that seems to be the basis for season.moreless

Someone has been spending too much time with Jack the Riper.

By Parricida, Oct 10, 2009

I most say.. I totally loved the episode. Something in Sanctuary is just so different, so catching and so unique and they manage to come with really good storyline in this episode.

I was little worried what they might do next and how they explain what is happening with Ashley but I could not ask for more perfect storyline. It had logic, it had emotion, and it was very fast paced and much happening episode. I mean, to the search of Ashley, to the project of those pure orphanages, then the chase and then the final meeting with Ashley. It had it all: the humor, the myserty, a really good character moments (loved Magnus totally out of herself and almost shooting that bodyhunter), really good dialogues and some sad moments (Bigfoot..) Without giving up too much, I really, really loved that season premier. They gave a very good storyline, very frightening one and where it will go, is a big mystery but it means: there is some great action and story to come.moreless