Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake Will Come Home to Saturday Night Live for the Holiday Episode

By Kaitlin Thomas

Nov 21, 2013

In a match made in heaven and my dreams, Jimmy Fallon will return to host Saturday Night Live for a second time on December 21, the last episode of 2014, which is excellent news because his track record of hosting SNL's holiday episode, based on that one time he hosted SNL's holiday episode, is excellent. And his musical guest will be Five-Timers Club member Justin Timberlake, in his fifth outing as the sketch show's temporary song-singer. But Timberlake will probably also appear in sketches because when you have Timberlake, you use Timberlake, you know? It's science.

But that's not all the good news! Paul Rudd and his eternal youth will don the hosting mantle for a third time on December 7, with One Direction as his musical guest. Here's an idea: Rudd as the sixth member of the band. You can have that one for free, SNL! (You should probably throw that one in the garbage.)

And in between, John Goodman will make his thirteenth (!) hosting appearance, when he takes over on December 14, with Kings of Leon as the musical entertainment.

thekaitling:list:snl-which-pairing-are-you-most-looking-forward-to/

• Comments (21)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • JT_Kirk Nov 22, 2013

Paul Rudd can make me vote for him even with One Direction involved. John Goodman is my runner-up vote, and Jimmy Fallon can suck eggs while Timberlake does all the heavy lifting.

• mrjimmyjames Nov 22, 2013

Love the John Goodman return! It's the equivalent of getting Buck Henry to host in 1992.

• mrjimmyjames Nov 22, 2013

Seems like a waste to burn two great hosts in one episode for Jimmy and Justin. Separate the two. It's not like they wouldn't cameo irregardless on each other's episodes.

• pcsjunior002 Nov 22, 2013

SNL has still got something. After 30-whatever years, that's not half bad. Is it the absolute best and funniest thing on TV? No. But it passes the Saturday night better than just about anything else. There are worse things.

• glenguti Nov 22, 2013

Fallon/Timberlake for the last installment of 2013 (not 2014, its still 2013, right?) is going to be awesome! PLEASE give us another Barry Gibb Talk Show. While we're on the subject of giving, maybe Santa will bring us something nice for Christmas. Like the news of Aidy Bryant being fired and giving us a new cast member that has some talent when they return for 2014.

• ToddMurray Nov 22, 2013

Of course Fallon/Timberlake. But Paul Rudd was pretty funny his last outing, too.

• nexpose Nov 21, 2013

And Fallon, Timberlake just HAVE to do the Gibb brothers sketch again. Will be a failure to me if that doesn't happen.

• Loooooooooooost Nov 21, 2013

I hate the ever living shit out of Jimmy Fallon. Paul Rudd, yaaay!! John Goodman, yaaay!!

• CaitlinRice Nov 21, 2013

Now we need Andy Samberg to pop in so we can have another chapter in the "Dick in a Box" saga. :)

• dwbaz Nov 21, 2013

Did you catch the "Dick in a box" joke on the Nov. 15th episode of The Neighbors? Hilarious!

• CaitlinRice Nov 21, 2013

Can't say I watch the Neighbors but I may have to YouTube hunt for that clip.

• DesolaKazeem Nov 21, 2013

I shockingly adored lady gaga's gig...and I'm really looking forward, obviously, to Timberlake's

• See More Comments (1)