The Big Bang Theory's Jim Parsons Will Host Saturday Night Live in March

By Kaitlin Thomas

Feb 13, 2014

When Saturday Night Live returns on March 1, Emmy Award winner Jim Parsons will be at the helm with Beck as his musical guest. This will be Beck's seventh appearance on the show (he's promoting his new album "Morning Phase," which comes out on February 25), but Parsons is a newb. He's no stranger to a live audience, though, having made fans laugh for seven seasons as Dr. Sheldon Cooper on The Big Bang Theory. He also has quite a lengthy list of plays on his resume. But how well will those skills transfer over to sketch comedy? Parsons will obviously play a nerd a la Sheldon in at least one sketch, right? Do you think he'll stop by "The Californians"? What types of characters/scenes do you you think he'd be a good fit for? 

On a side note: Beck is still making new music?

• Comments (24)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • shocker713 Feb 14, 2014

That reminds me, I need to get an updated Becktionary.

• SarahHagen2 Feb 14, 2014

Now that I think about it, he's won so many Emmys, why hasn't he hosted before?

• IndianaMom Feb 14, 2014

He's a good actor, so he'll do fine with whatever they trow at him. It's up to the writers.

• JT_Kirk Feb 14, 2014

Jim Parsons hosting SNL, that could be interesting, not a dynamic I can picture him in. Parsons + Beck, I am down.
    Personally, I am sick of the recurring sketches, they're all weak sauce.
    I think he'd do really well with Jimmy Stewart-type characters, and I hope they move him out of his comfort zone into bawdier types.

• itsmemadie01 Feb 14, 2014

he is awesome.

• AngelColn Feb 14, 2014

I kind of guessed that could happen. But I beg to differ about the newb thing Kaitlin. I think he'll do just fine. Or at least I Think.

• JT_Kirk Feb 14, 2014

She means it's his first time as host. Newb. :-P

• AngelColn Feb 14, 2014

:-(...

• Vicky8675309 Feb 14, 2014

get crazy with the Cheese Whiz!

• ionee24 Feb 14, 2014

It was about time!

• mdoz34 Feb 14, 2014

Maybe they will have an actual funny scetch for once in ages.

• rishabhpb Feb 14, 2014

^ here's the first one of these

• DSniner Feb 13, 2014

I want to know if he's gonna say "Bazinga" on the show?;)

• See More Comments (2)