Jason Bateman/Kelly Clarkson

Episode Reviews (3)

Great

It IS a special episode when the musical guest outshines the host onstage and in sketches.

By Trish77, Apr 11, 2010

To be honest, I wasn't that excited to see Jason Bateman hosting. I've seen "Arrested Development" more than a few times, and I get a chuckle out of it, sure, but I always just found the show to be amusing, rather than funny. But hey, hosts have surprised me before, and it would be one of the only shows where I didn't go up and fix myself a sandwich during the musical guest.

Maybe it was because I expected so little of him in the first place, but I didn't like Jason much at all. He lacks a certain subtlety that works right on certain sketches. He can be funny, but in a more overt, almost obnoxious way.

Honestly, Kelly Clarkson was the highlight of the night for me. I loved her performances and her sketches made me laugh harder than any others. When she said her Burger King receipt line on the "Subway Beggars" sketch, I almost peed my pants. And she was one of the saving graces of the "Chubb Hotty" skit (Bateman actually came through for me on this one).

Overall, one of the better episodes of the season, sure, but not nearly as good as SNL could be.moreless

"Monkey's Throwing Poop At Celebrities"

By Angelucias, Jul 28, 2006

Definitely one of the better episodes I've seen of late due to this skit. The "Monkey Poop" sketch with Darrell Hammond as his always hilarious Sean Connery had me in stitches. This skit alone, as

unbelievable as it could be, had some of the funniest lines I've ever heard. "How's Mr. Bojobanana's today?".... "He's just fine!"...."and how's the monkey?"...."Steve Winston is doing just fine. He's got his bowl of poop and he's ready to go!" Even though the host of this skit Bateman messes up his lines at times, it's still worth watching. Luckily enough, if this is the only skit you want to see from this episode, it is the first one.moreless