Saturday Night Live

Show Reviews (240)

Great

SNL has become a Politically Correct platform for Social Justice Warriors - Unfunny and uninspired

By techadm, Apr 19, 2015

Watching the April 11th show was a painful exercise in Politically Correct humor - if the humour wasn't about Feminism or LGBT issues, it was all about the race, the race with no humor. It was like a group of first year liberal arts college students took over the show at the expense of all that is funny.

Previously complaints were lodged about the lack of black performers. Now there are 5 black cast members and the host Taraji P. Henson was also Afro American. I have no issue with this but almost every joke and skit was about being black and how white people are bad. It was unrelenting and more importantly, it just wasn't funny.

Opening Hillary Skit: Bill Clinton mentions how he will be "bigger and blacker"

Taraji P. Henson monologue: Describes how white people finally know who she is - performance turns into a black gospel rave up

Depends Commercial: Making fun of old white men

Home 2 Preview - Hip Hop/Rap Voice Actors - all black

Game of Thrones - South Central kingdom added - all black

Weekend Update: 5 News Items about black/white race relations

Hollywood Game Night: Rapper "Common" talks about black struggle - "Wanda Sykes" complains about the white host.

How 2 Dance with Janelle: Black host makes fun of how white people can't dance.

Sesame Street: "Cookie" black woman keeps it real with characters and turns Elmo into a fur coat (this skit was pretty funny).

Cinema Classics: Black woman attempts to join white woman baseball team.

Connectatron: Mavis black woman with attitude takes overmoreless

Too Far

By kcenrollment, Apr 05, 2015

I just turned off SNL for the first time in my life. Your cold-hearted, humorized account of 150 passengers on a plane being murdered by a suicidal pilot is just too much. It's just too much for me to accept that you would wish to poke fun (fun) of families who are without multiple members due to the mental illness of another. How can you make light of this? You are all callus.

CHEECH and CHONG

By karensaville62, Mar 15, 2015

I would like to see Cheech and Chong do the news and host your show

Huh, so this:

By kipdroidi, Mar 15, 2015

"Woody Harrelson. 2014

5.5

By norinedegraaghowes, Jan 04, 2015

Was just watching it and found it in very poor taste when they spoke of green house effects to the earth. Then had a polar bear standing on a small piece of ice and then yell out sooner. The whole show made me gringe nothing like the old Saturday night live"

is more offensive than the word association between Chevy Chase and guest Richard Pryor in the Job Interview:

...........

Chevy: "SPADE!"

Rich: "Honky-honky!"

Chevy: "NIGER"

Rich: "DEAD Honky!"

the skit rails off from there

SO which is more offensive to you? Something from the good Ol days of SNL or a little Global Warming piss?

And, way off the mark here: "Michael Che's smug, angry black-man demeanor " smug? angry? Not once does he portray these traits, wow.moreless

creatively bankrupt

By scottstilson58, Mar 02, 2015

The fact that they have (SNL) gone into the pool of dumpster juice at the bottom of the dumpster for humor by using ISSI as a back drop is by definition vulgar to say the least. What do you think all those effected by ISSI are feeling. Humor at others expense specially when that expense is the horrible loss of a loved one is not humor, it's cruel. SNL you have lost your way and for the length of time a large number of persons have been waiting for the return of real entertainment without realization, My opinion is you will never get it back.moreless

Woody Harrelson. 2014

By norinedegraaghowes, Jan 04, 2015

Really????? What's Up Wit Dat?

By MaitreJim, Dec 28, 2014

I remember when the show was actually funny. I now cringe as the guests try to make a Boy Scout camp skit funny. Trouble is Boy Scouts are funnier. Maybe they could have TIna Fey come in a do a continuing ed program for the writers.

My wife said don't just complain----write something yourself. I did, and its funny, but it could never get to Lorne. Maybe he thinks the show is still funny.

They're leaving the funny out of funny...

By RudeRichFromNJ, Dec 09, 2014

While this show still manages to pull me in to watch it's usually a day or two later now on Hulu. Still a few "okay" spots here and there, but for the most part the show has gone beyond flat! Just one example is Weekend Round Up? Michael Che's smug, angry black-man demeanor and Colin Jost's constantly on verge of laughing out laugh approach is transparent, outdated and insulting. Dump Che (from Weekend Round Up) now and give Jost three more episodes to stop doing Seth Meyers' "I will not laugh out loud, I will not laugh out loud, I will not laugh out loud, giggle fit character".moreless

Time For REAL reboot

By AudioFileZ, Oct 19, 2014

A few moments such as "Help Fund" and Kristen's Kathy Lee deconstruction glimmered, but it's time for a big change which apparently mean finding a truly funny ensemble, maybe composed of fewer actors/actresses, but fresh and truly gifted comedically. I'm thinking everything from the set to the format, which hasn't changed in, well, hasn't ever changed. Maybe it should be a weekend review of things that speak to many of us. That could be lampooning current events as well as sports, culture, business, and music. Time for a big change, front to back, top to bottom.moreless

Hold me Thrill me Kiss me This just killed me

By brookeburleson50, Oct 19, 2014

Saturday Night Live we have a Problem and not even NASA can save them. Who the hell are the writers I say we get Queen of Hearts and say Off with their heads. Thumbs are whatever they use to type this with. This is bogus journey see bill and ted minus excellent adventure. To enjoy this show you would have the . mayo left in the sun for 5 days that has hair on it.

Load More Reviews