Watch the First Five Minutes of Lifetime's Saved By the Bell Movie (VIDEO)

By Kaitlin Thomas

Aug 23, 2014

Lifetime has released the first five minutes of its upcoming Saved by the Bell exposé, The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story, and it's exactly what you would expect. Well, except for one minor thing. 

In the clip, one of Zach Morris's (Degrassi's Dylan Everett as Mark-Paul Gosselaar) classic "time out" moments is interrupted by Screech (Shameless's Sam Kindseth as Dustin Diamond). And it takes place in real life. Yeah, it's totally confusing. 

The movie, which is based on Diamond's tell-all memoir, also stars Alyssa Lynch as Tiffani-Amber Thiessen, Tiera Skovbye as Elizabeth Berkley, Julian Works as Mario Lopez, and Taylor Russell as Lark Voorhies. 

Check out the first five minutes below: 

The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story premieres Monday, September 1 at 9pm on Lifetime.

• Comments (7)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • Meve76 Aug 24, 2014

was Diamond really taller than Gosselaar?

• wingsabre Aug 24, 2014

nope

• wolfvamp Aug 24, 2014

I don't want to want to watch this. But learning that it's based AND shot from Diamond's perspective I'm suddenly intrigued. [Points for using the "Zach" method during the filming.]

Disclosure: I &3 Saved by the Bell. To this day, show me the 1st (20) seconds of any episode, even any of the ones that start in the hallway...I can tell you which one we are about to see. After school TV watching was SBTB time for me, when it was in its height of "new/rerun" popularity, and while I preferred they leave the singing to California Dreams...Casey Kasem seemed to think they were worthwhile.

I don't want to watch this, because I don't want the "behind the scenes" to affect my view on my memories or how I view any of the actors on who they have become.

That being said, I've thought about reading Diamond's book more than once...but if this happens to be on sometime when I'm scrolling the channels I may just tune in instead.

• ChristinaGmit Aug 24, 2014

Call me crazy, but this actually looks watchable...

• FilmFanatic Aug 24, 2014

It's a bit too cocky and awkward but gotta say... the new actors really look a lot like them.

• Raccoon1459 Aug 23, 2014

In the original "Time-out" moments, there were little to no movements, but in this, there was a lot of movement.

I guess if you gotta move, you gotta move.

• CharmedOneP391 Aug 23, 2014

I watched Saved by the Bell reruns as a kid on TBS growing up, so against my better judgement I was somehow intrigued by this "project." But its so so bad. Based on a book that's admittedly over exaggerated ghost written material. So..is it a parody project? Does Lifetime admit its a joke? Or do they actually think the book is true? Or that people are just that dumb to believe it happened? I'll go with the latter. Stay classy, Lifetime.