A Day in the Life

Episode Reviews (5)

Great

Not a bad start

By DQMW154, Jun 16, 2006

Watched the pilot of the new Tom Evertt Scott drama on TNT (\'cause you know TNT plays those commercials for stuff they want you to watch sooooo much that you have to watch it to make them stop). I thought it was pretty good. I liked the pace, Scott\'s character Wyatt Cole (ha Charmed!) is funny and interesting. The show it self reminds me a lot of Six Feet Under just in the weirdness of it which of course makes Saved even more appealing. The show needs some work ( more realism, a long term storyline ect.) but hopefully the 2nd episode will improve. Also to add why did he not have gloves on while delivering a baby? Big no no in the medical world.

8/10

moreless

Gutsy, Fast-paced, Enduring ...

By SweetPeaSurry, Jun 14, 2006

I loved this episode, i'm really looking forward to this show delving into the lives of it's characters. I know many people seem to think it's a lot like "Rescue Me", and that may be true, but i've never seen rescue me, so i'm pretty unbiased about the whole thing. Still if the show is like 'Rescue Me' it's a gutsy thing to put out there.

I love how fast paced the show was, the creators and the writers really did a good job with letting us in on the backstory without making it boring.

I really think this show has the potential to endure, there are a million possible scenerios for each character.

In a nutshell, I loved it!!!moreless

Not the worst show I've seen so far this summer, but certainly not the best.

By Nikaratrenal, Jun 14, 2006

The painful to watch comment is based on two really annoying errors. The first is the fact that Wyatt delivers a baby in his ambulance WITHOUT GLOVES ON!!! That right there is enough to have him fired and sued for several thousand dollars. He's been wearing gloves to do experiments and work since his first college lab, you think he would have caught on by now. The second was the way that the woman's heart stopped when they were shocking in. That certainly isn't the way a monitor would look in that situation. In general, the medical parts of this show were rather weak. Sex in an ambulance?

While I like our main paramedics, I was a bit underwhelmed by the storyline with the gambling debts. Really? Come on. I really like Wyatt's partner, and feel sorry for him and the situation with his son.

moreless

The show was okay, but it could have been better.

By Dawnsdinosaurs, Jun 13, 2006

I think this show was average, I'm not sure if I'll watch again or not, but I'm leaning towards giving it another chance. This show has a lot of potential, sometimes it's hard to tell in a pilot episode because they have to give you so much background information about the characters so you know what's going on. Overall the plot was good, the characters are interesting, and it does have a great soundtrack, I was surprised by all the good songs in the episode. I also liked the humor, John the Baptist stealing the ambulance. Like I said it was a good start in my opinion, not great, but I will give it another chance.moreless