CBS 2014-2015 Video Preview: Watch Trailers for Scorpion, Kevin Williamson's Stalker, and More

By RobynRoss

May 14, 2014

To go with its brand-new 2014-2015 schedule, CBS has released trailers for a handful of new series, including procedural spin-off NCIS: New Orleans, the Kevin Williamson drama Stalker, and the hacker-y drama Scorpion. Take a look, then let's hear your first impressions in the comments!

Scorpion

In Scorpion, an eccentric genius (Elyes Gabel) and his international network of super-geniuses form the last line of defense against the complex threats of the modern age. Sleepy Hollow creators Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci will executive-produce the project, which comes from Prison Break's Nick Santora. Katharine McPhee, Eddie Kaye Thomas, Ari Stidham, and Robert Patrick will also star.

Stalker

Stalker focuses on a pair of detectives who handle stalking incidents for the Threat Management Unit of the LAPD. Dylan McDermott will star as Detective Jack Larsen, a recent transfer to the Threat Assessment Unit from the Big Apple, and Maggie Q will play Detective Beth Davis, the head of the squad. The Following's Williamson will write and executive-produce. Mariana Klaveno and Victor Rasuk will also star.

Madam Secretary 

Madam Secretary is a drama about the personal and professional life of a maverick female Secretary of State (Tea Leoni) as she drives international diplomacy, wrangles office politics, and balances a complex family life. Joan of Arcadia creator Barbara Hall wrote the pilot, and will executive-produce with Oscar-winner Morgan Freeman. Tim Daly, Bebe Neuwirth, Geoffrey Arend, Patina Miller, Erich Bergen, and Katherine Herzer will also star.

NCIS: New Orleans 

NCIS: New Orleans follows a local field office in the Big Easy, a city whose rich setting of music, fun and debauchery is a magnet for military personnel on leave — but with that fun comes trouble, and when the city's darker side emerges, Special Agent Dwayne Pride and his team are the ones to call. NCIS's Gary Glasberg and Mark Harmon will executive-produce. Scott Bakula, Zoe McLellan, Lucas Black, and CCH Pounder will star. 

The McCarthys

The McCarthys is a family comedy about a loud, sports-crazy Boston clan that includes Laurie Metcalf, Jack McGee, Joey McIntyre, Tyler Ritter, Jimmy Dunn, and Kelen Coleman. Brian Gallivan (Are You There, Chelsea?) will write and executive-produce with Friends with Benefits' Will Gluck and Mike Sikowitz.

CBS also showed a preview of midseason Vince Gilligan drama Battle Creek during its Upfronts presentation, but hasn't yet made the clip available online. Check back for updates! Trailers for Matthew Perry's remake of The Odd Couple and CSI: Cyber are not yet available. 

Okay, let's hear your first impressions! Anything here look good to you? 

Upfronts 2014 HQ:
New Shows, Network Schedules, Video Previews, and More

• Comments (84)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • stevenengelbrecht31 Jul 22, 2014

Scorpion looks very good and yes it will be awesome to watch

• AustinMak May 21, 2014

The best part of Scorpion's trailer was the very beginning, with the three Hueys flying in formation loaded with commandos. That should tell you a little about how memorable the show will be.

None of the others even merit discussion.

• dark7angel May 21, 2014

I'll be checking out Stalker! It looks pretty good AND it has the always amazing Maggie Q!

• PaulStrutzenb May 20, 2014

I also think Scorpion and Stalker will be awesome! An odd thing for former American Idol contestant Katharine McPhee to be starring in a television show..so I guess her singing career really never took off? But then Eddie Kaye Thomas who played Finch in America Pie is also in the cast for Scorpion so I love that..he could be really good in this type of show! Stalker and the pairing of Maggie O and Dylan McDermott could be a match made in heaven and Kevin Williamson is just brilliant! This could be the surprise hit of the new fall season for CBS! Finally since Im mostly a crime drama/suspense shows lover I really dont have much opinion on the others however, Madame Secretary since it has Tea Leoni could be a hit.

• elhund May 19, 2014

I think I'll try Scorpion and Madam Secretary, I just cant resist Tea Leoni.

• MarlboroMagpi May 16, 2014

I think the stalker team would work better if they are NOT LAPD. Lets hope they will gets some good guest stars

• PaulStrutzenb May 20, 2014

I think you are right about getting good guest stars however with the acting prowess of Dylan McDermott and as good as Maggeie O was as Nikita and with pairing of Kevin Williamson I think it could be a pretty big show. I guess only time will tell though!

• MarlboroMagpi May 20, 2014

no confidence with Kevin Williamson at all.

• MarlboroMagpi May 16, 2014

Scorpion looks interesting but for a show about geniuses, the writing better be good or fans will crush them.

Stalker by Kevin Williamson. It sound so stupid and most likely procedural. Another one of those criminal minds kind of show but it has Maggie Q ! I would watch anything with Maggie Q ! Williamson knows how to cast.

Madam Secretary looks like the kind of political drama I would like. Tea Leoni looks hot.

The other two, I will pass.

• No1Slayerette May 16, 2014

You mean CBS didn't say anything in the logline for The McCarthys that the main character was gay? A clever ploy to show everyone how okay they are with homosexuality? Or a clever ploy to ensure their old and decrepit don't know this until they start watching the series?

• No1Slayerette May 16, 2014

No, no, no, no and no. Sometimes I wonder how CBS are the number one rated free-to-air network when they consistently offer up the same boring stuff every season.

• JT_Kirk May 16, 2014

Scorpion looks like a one and done, maybe 13 episodes even, nothing about this looks like it'll resonate well with audiences. The very premise in the trailer just happened recently in real life and it wasn't remotely interesting, they just dealt with the problem. The waitress thing was just painfully trite.

Stalker, I couldn't even get through that trailer, so very self-important and so pretentious, acting as if it's grounded when it's the furthest thing from that.

Madam Secretary has such a strong cast, but then something so dumb happens that I walked away from that the trailer.

NCIS: Nola's trailer is taken straight from the backdoor pilot, and that was such a horrible episode (2 episodes really).

The McCarthys really started poorly, that "Miami Sound Machine" joke was so predictable, and it just got worse and worse. At least the kid is actually gay, not just effeminate. This is a pass, but it's not quiiiiiite as horrible as I expected, it's just regular-horrible.

So um, none of this please.

• See More Comments (55)