The Deal

Episode Reviews (4)

Great

the usual shticky approach

By OmarCayenne, Sep 27, 2011

Okay, admittedly Seinfeld is far from my favorite show in the universe...and this is a prime example. The opening discussion starts out well enough but then devolves into the usual arm-waving, gesturing, stage-yelling, rather canned approach. In fact, all too often this show plays like a stand-up routine come to life...well, almost-life. It's the "wink wink" often found in Taxi taken a little too far. Still, the buying-of-the-birthday-present scene was pretty fun (with "Too gubernatorial" a great line).

One of my first and favorite Seinfeld episodes.

By PS1SpyroMaster, Apr 17, 2011

This episode is definitely one of my favorites. The concept is great and it has the total "Seinfeld" vibe, especially when Jerry and Elaine were talking about "this" and "that". It was also funny the day after when Kramer came in and sees Elaine come out of the bedroom. The sheer awkwardness of the concept made it hilarious.

It's episodes like these that make me love the show.

a unusual episode, a bit out of character but still good entertainment

By The_Poolmeister, Aug 12, 2010

This episode for me was out of character for the series but never the less entertaining. I found that the idea of Jerry and Elaine even considering a "deal" after being such good friends for so long a bit out of character. The fact that it was an actual story from Larry David's life i suppose means that it isn't out of character because after all many of the shows plots are based around his "misadventures".

I think this was a good episode in the entertaining sense but believe that the friendship should have stayed at that. Anybody agree with me on this?moreless