The Finale (2)

7.9

sienfled

By riyadhalharbi52, Nov 24, 2014

I think is good move

Totally an F.you to fans.

By JuanRobles4, Mar 22, 2012

I think a better way to have ended it would be that the gang is found NOT GUILTY, the courtroom erupts into an angry mob. They chase our "heroes" (a term I use loosely.) out of the courthouse, to the air port, where their plane is read. They get in and take off before the mob gets them.

As they are flying they drink champaign, and celebrate. The Pilot announces for everyone to take their seats because they are flying into some fog. As they do, the continue drinking. Jerry Holds up his glass to make a toast, and says, "NOTHING CAN STOP US NOW!!!" Cut to the plane crashing into the side of a mountain, (LIke in the movie "Sweet Dreams." ) Silence, show a card thanking the fans.

During the closing credits, Jerry is doing his stand up...in Hell.moreless

Just really stupid

By Belinda_k, Sep 17, 2011

What a bad episode, I really think it was the worst of the whole series. It just didn't come off, we're meant to beleive that the four of them got sent to prison for not helping in a robbery/holdup situation? It just didn't seem true. And it also didn't ring true with the way the characters were acting. The episode was so completely different from all of the rest of the series, the show was meant to be about nothing for goodness sake, it should not have ended like this. I lot of criminals don't even get sent to prison for a first offence, so I really doubt anyone would get sent to prison for not helping a robbery victim.moreless

we say goodbye the senfeld. as they all go to prison

By seaqueastdsv, Nov 24, 2010

in the final season of seinfeld this is one of the best i have seen. while the four of them are away on a trip they come to this town and see a fat man been car jacked. they stand there laughing. then they get arrested. at there trial which is very good we see all the people who have been on the show. and we get flash backs of each episode. one line that i found funny is when jackie looks at jerry and says you have a nick name of eveyone dont you. its good to see them all back again a great farewell to a great show.moreless

If there's ever an episode of anything that needs no introduction; it's the final, one - hour long episode of Seinfeld.

By oceanic6, Sep 26, 2010

Jerry and George's show "Jerry" has been picked up and the network's given them a big deal and their private plane and the gang decide to go on a final trip to Paris. When (thanks to Kramer) the plane is forced to land in a small Massachussets town. They're jailed for not helping someone in need because of the Good Samaritan law. When the "New York 4" are in court; they face time in prison and it's up to testimony from everyone from each of Jerry, George, Elaine and Kramer's past to decide their fate.

While the avid Seinfeld fan in me relishes anything churned out from the great series; there's no denying that this episode is high on padding and budget but low on coming up with a proper send - off for the finest sitcom ever.

There are some funny scenes at erratic moments but so much time is dedicated to tying up every loose end there's not much time for jokes. The "Good Samaritan Law" twist comes off a little forced and the whole inflated trial just seems so contrived with the fact that every possible side character appears but not one of them offers any testimony to keep their friends from prison.

The budget is obviously gigantic with an abudance of sets, scenes and props that most movies can't boast but by doing so the low - key charm from the early seasons that relied on only the four main characters to make it work is really obscured.

Speaking of which; the performances from Jerry, George, Elaine and Kramer are all scene - chewing as there's the sense that every second counts and they can't waste one but Kramer just gets painful over time. The long list of guest stars from their past is a very effective touch but there are some very noticable omissions from the 180 episodes which could've, should've and would've been rectified.

All in all; this cop out of a finale leaves a bitter taste in our mouth meaning watching any repeat episodes after this is hard when you think of how abrubtly and chaotically it ends but once you get over the initial shock you just enjoy what this has to offer.moreless

By AustinRice0, Sep 21, 2010

So many people say that this was the wrong way to end the series. I, however, have always seen it as the perfect way to end the show. It brought back the best characters of the series and ended the characters' storylines in an appropriate way: in jail. They were not good people, and bringing back the best characters proved that. The series was brought full circle with the button comment at the end, and the series ended with standup, just as it started. The episode was never meant to be just another episode of Seinfeld, because it was the finale. It was big, exciting, and, most importantly, funny. I felt it was the perfect send off for the greatest sitcom of all time, and perhaps even my favorite episode overall. For those who disagree, you probably never loved the show that much to begin with...moreless

By mrmagoo693, Sep 21, 2010

For a show held in such high regard as one of the best sitcoms of all time, i was disappointed with this ending. It comes out of nowhere, and never gives Seinfeld a true conclusion... we are left with a highlight reel of the shows funnier moments, and thats about it. They are left to sit in jail in a podunk town for a year.... I like the last comment about the button that makes or breaks the shirt as that is the first line ever in the show... Other than that..I expected more.moreless

The first bad episode? not likely, but the loudest, definatly.

By kinglink2, Jul 29, 2010

Seinfeld was very successful in it's time. It spent a couple years discovering itself, and it spent a couple years high on the horse. Millions of people tuned in to see how it ends, even those who didn't see the show itself.

However the show seemed to come apart in the final two hours. The first hour was a uncharacteristic Clip show, one that most people wouldn't imagine Seinfeld having. Then the finale started, it was interesting. After half an hour we come to the trial portion of the show and sadly this is where the show broke down completely.

While many recurring characters came to the finale, that wouldn't be a bad thing, except that they just felt like listing many of the bad things they did in the show. Fans of the show remember these events and probably have seen them multiple times, new viewers had a couple giggles but it was mostly a failed attempt at bringing a truely great final episode to the fans of Seinfeld.

A finale episode isn't the time to give a half assed clip show, and it cheapened the whole closure of the series, there are some good moments, especially when George's mother offers herself to the judge, but for some reason it didn't feel like it was held together that well.moreless

A very disappointing end to a top rate show.

By Dawnsdinosaurs, Jul 29, 2010

I was so disappointed in how this show ended. The only good thing about was that we got to see so many of the extra Seinfeld characters. I truly felt like I was cheated after all the years of watching this show, it wasn't very funny or entertaining. I remember looking around the room with my family when the show ended thinking "What?" I guess if this is all they had left, the best that they could give us then it was a good thing they ended the show. I will always miss Seinfeld, and will always feel cheated by this finale.moreless

Load More Reviews