The Opposite

Episode Reviews (6)

Superb

My favourite episode

By jimbo_001, Feb 15, 2011

Of the episodes that I have seen, this is my favourite for many reasons, the main one being that we find out that every instinct George ever had was wrong and doing the opposite gets him a job, a girl and confidence, which is definitely not the George we know. Highlights of this plot is George insulting Steinbrenner in the job interview and getting hired for it and telling his parents he loves them since that's his opposite instinct aswell as the wellknown "I'm unemployed and I live with my parents" pickup line.

Jerry being Even Stevens is also a fantastic plot and turns out to be true in the end when one of his friends is always happy and the other is miserable since George becoming happy and having a job would obviously mean Jerry's other side, Elaine, would have to lose her job and be miserable.

Overall, opposite George is one of the funniest episodes I've ever seen and is definitely my favourite.moreless

Seinfeld Episode reveiw

By CTUBauer24, Feb 15, 2011

This a great funny episode of Seinfeld with the stories to being so funny as George and Elaine turn opposite of themselves or basically turning in to each other was really done well in this episode and the coffee table book storyline with Kramer is just plain funny the two must funny scenes in this episode is Georges interview in the Yankees and when Kramer appears on Regis & Kathie Lee this is a great episode with great stories a nice way to end one of the best scenes of Seinfeld that is all I have to say on this episode of Seinfeldmoreless

It's a Good Day (George)/Bad Day (Elaine)

By GeorgeJobson, May 17, 2010

George has a good day. He's got a girlfriend, He told some losers off at a movie theatre and he's promoted to the home office of the New York Yankess. Not a bad day for George. But it was a bad day for Elaine. She lost her boyfriend and the publishing comapny folded. all over her obbession over Jujyfuilts. You pop them in the mouth and can not talk. also Krammer's Coffee Table book fell apart. I did get a glipse of Regis and Kathy Lee. I love Kathy Lee Gilford, I don't care what her critics think. The rest of the epsiode is funny.moreless

But in a good way!

By Headbanger15, Sep 16, 2006

Every time George lies, cheats and steals trying to get girls, he always winds up on the wrong side of the tracks and when that happens, the episode doesn't have a happy ending for him.

That is, until this episode. Where he decides to tell the truth and do the exact OPPOSITE of what he does. He starts with his famous line: "My name is George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents". LOL

And things go great for George, he meets a beautiful girl, he doesn't act like a wimp, and he gets a job working for the New York Yankees!!!!

As for Elaine, she starts to do the exact opposite, and nothing goes right for her. She gets fired, gets thrown out of her apartment and finally concludes: "I'M GEORGE! I'M GEORGE!!!"

Unfortunately, George couldn't tell the truth for long because in the next season, he's right back to lying again! :Pmoreless

This episode is one big Laugh through and through!

By metty69, Nov 08, 2005

Wow, this episode just shoked me. George is turning to his complete Opposite, because he realizes that everything he ever thought was right, turned out to be wrong.

Jason Alexander is just great when he acts completly different, i couldn't stop laughing. And the thing that Jerry turns out to be the " Even Steven" filled the Scenes between Georges Outbreaks very nice.

In other episode you always stop to laugh and wait for the next one, but this one is different i think.

So everybody who wants to see a very funny episode to begin with this Show, take this one!

And everybody who watches Seinfeld and never saw this one, watch it imediatly, you'll like it.moreless