The Stock Tip

Episode Reviews (4)

Good
7.8

Based on an inside tip,George & a reluctant Jerry invest in Centrax,Kramer intoduces us to his idea for a roll-out tie dispenser,Jerry heads to Vermont with Vanessa & Elaine is allergic to her boyfriend's cats.

By swanstoon, Aug 01, 2011

I really enjoy these early episodes and I reckon that 'The Stock Tip' is one of my favourite episodes in the entire Seinfeld canon.

Basically 'The Stock Tip' is a series of vignettes tied loosely together with a common thread. From the opening scene at Monks where George & Jerry discuss whether Superman was funny,Elaine recounts her search for a lost grape & her allergic reaction to Robert's cats and George talks Jerry into investing in Centrax,based on a hot tip,to the closing scene,again at Monks,where George is triumphant about his win on the Stock Market & Elaine concedes defeat to Robert's cats & Jerry to Vanessa's perfume.

In the middle there are some memorable scenes in Jerry's apartment with Kramer explaining his latest idea (a roll-out tie dispenser!) & Elaine contemplating hiring a hitman to rub out Robert's cats as well as a riotous scene at the dry cleaners and the none too succesful weekend away in rainy Vermont.

Plus there are three very clever stand-up pieces with Jerry musing on 'the check',how dry is it at the dry cleaners & the perils of investing in the Stock Market.

All in all a top of the range episode with a few hints as to where Seinfeld will head in the ensuing Seasons.moreless

Jerry and George decide to go in a stock market together. Jerry quits while he's losing but George decides to stick with it. Meanwhile, Jerry goes on a trip with his girlfriend, which to George is a "relationship killer."

By KBGUY09, Feb 09, 2006

This episode marked some more points in "Seinfeld's Shows." This episode shows that even the "loser" character (George) can sometimes have something good happen to them. That shows that you really never know what WILL happen on this show... Will the next episode have a positive solution, negative solution, or not solved at all? With this episode alone, i think it was good because it focused more on a relationship with one of the main characters and a woman. So far in this show, 1 episode's main plot was between Jerry and a woman. This episode also included everybody in the series: Jerry, George, Kramer, AND Elaine. "The Stock Tip" was a good episode and entertaining to watch, but not the absoulete best.moreless

The Stock Tip sets up character development on all fronts... the shallowness of Jerry, George, and Elaine, and the quirkiness of Kramer.

By LisaGansky, Aug 03, 2005

I liked The Stock Tip a lot. It's funny seeing how obsessive Jerry and George get over their stock. Although it's somewhat unrealistic, how fast it goes up and down, it still makes for lots of laughs. I like how Jerry totally screws things up with Vanessa too (Gawd, she was way too good for him!). Even after getting out of the bad stock, Jerry is still obsessed. It's funny how things end up working out for George, rather than Jerry. I feel that if this episode happened later, George would have been the anxious one that sells early. Actually, he probably would have been too cheap/stingy to even go in on the stock to begin with! The bit with Kramer and his ties was just plain weird. Still, I did enjoy it.moreless