The Wizard

Episode Reviews (5)

Great

The Wizard

By thefanof, Jul 15, 2010

Oh, how much it must have hurt for Seinfeld fans who were actually there to watch this show in 1998. The greatest sitcom of all time was finally ending and it had to be sad. The ninth season was not its strongest year, but there were some brilliant episodes slipped in there occasionally, and this was one of them. From the Larry David stories in the newspaper, to the Willards, to the old people jokes, this was a well-done installment and gave Jerry's parents, two of sitcom history's best parents, one great storyline to go out on.

Definitely one of the strongest season nine episodes.moreless

Season 9, Episode 15.

By Wanted23, Oct 15, 2008

Mr. Ross: Where are we, George?

George: Almost there.

Mr. Ross: Well, this is the end of Long Island. Where's your house?

George: We, uh, we go on foot from here.

Mr. Ross: All right.

George: There's no house! It's a lie! There's no solarium. There's no Prickly Pete. There's no other solarium.

Mr. Ross: We know.

George: Then, why? Why did you make me drive all the way out here? Why didn't you say something? Why? Why? Why?

Mrs. Ross: We don't like you, George.

Mr. Ross: And we always blamed you for what happened to Susan.

George: Oh.

Mr. Ross: All right! Let's head back.

Elaine's b/f thought she was Hispanic! LMAO! 10/10 episode.moreless

Jerry buys a Wizard PDA for his dad. Kramer accompanies Jerry to Florida and moves into the condo and runs for president. Meanwhile, Elaine isn't sure if she's in an interracial couple, and George goes to extreme lengths to cover up a lie to the Rosses.

By darlingdarcy, Apr 02, 2007

While this is not my favorite Seinfeld episode, each plot is fairly well thought out, and both Kramer's and George's plots reference previous episodes, and while Jerry's plot line is not as enthralling as others, it still remains funny, if not a little boring at times.

For his dad's birthday, Jerry pays $250 for a new Wizard Organizer, but tells his father he bought it on the streets at a much lower price. Jerry's father, like so many dads, is more interested in the deal than the product.

Kramer follows Jerry down to Florida for his father's birthday celebration, and Kramer soon becomes a popular condo resident. Morty sees his chance to gain power again (after being humiliated and kicked out of their former condo development in "The Cadillac Parts 1 and 2"), and quickly convinces Kramer to run for president of the condo association and use his charisma and youth to woo voters. Kramer readily agrees. Morty's struggle for power (also seen in "The Pen" and "The Cadillac Parts 1 and 2") is once again ignited as the two campaign against "common sense and a guy in a wheelchair," says Jerry. While Kramer is his usual goofy, somtimes over-acting self, watching him romance the condo women while the men sit on the sidelines and complain is not boring, even if it is not one of the better Kramer plots, like his bid for Joe DiMaggio's attention in "The Note."

Back in New York, Elaine begins dating a charming young man, only to find out people believe they are an interracial couple. After a few dates, and a few confusing clues, Elaine and her boyfriend both believe they are an interracial couple. However, he believes she is Spanish, and she believes he is black. While this relationship plot is not as great as some of the others Elaine has been involved in (such as "The Face Painter" and "The Dealership" with Puddy, and "The Red Dot" with the former alcoholic), it's still funny to listen to the characters debate Elaine's options of how to truly find out if her boyfriend is black ("I really don't think we should be talking about this!" says George on multiple occasions).

Meanwhile, George is still being haunted by the Rosses. This episode's story line involving the Rosses and George is one of my favorites, along with "The Cheever Letters" and "The Rye." Mr. and Mrs. Ross do not disappoint, and are their usual grumpy and drunk selves, respectively. When they invite George to do yet another activity with the Susan Ross Foundation (see "The Foundation" and "The Little Jerry"), he says he can't because he rented a house in the Hamptons. When the Rosses later run into Elaine, she busts up laughing at their question about George's Hampton house. When they see George again, he keeps up the ruse of the house in the Hamptons, and they do not object. In fact, they are really interested to see the house, and encourage him to elaborate (make up outrageous lies) about the house. George agrees to take them out there, first driving to the beachm then declaring they walk from there. Overall, this episode had a little bit of everything Seinfeld has to offer - relationship confusion, lies and past events coming back to bite a character in the butt. The closing lines to this episode are probably the best in the eighth season, if no the entire series.

George: Why? Why did you let me lie when you knew there was no house?

Mrs. Ross: Because we don't like you George, and we always blamed you for what happened to Susan.

George: Ohhh.moreless

a depressing pattern of weak subplots at the end.

By PikeBishop, Oct 07, 2006

During the last few years of Seinfeld an interesting pattern seemed to develop in many episodes. While maintaining the three story structure, many of the episodes featured two really good plots and one really, really horrible one (See "The Apology" with its two great plots: Hankey and the windbreaker and good naked/bad naked, but are we really expected to believe Kramer does not know how to take a shower? or how about the one that feautred Putty as a born again Christian? C'mon!) The subplot featuring George lying to Susan's parents and telling them about his fabulous house in the Hamptons just went nowhere. And to think that George knew that the Rosses "knew" he was lying just compounds the idiocy. There is no humor in watching George describe the absurd dimensions of his house or his two racehorces and it just dragged on and on. Likewise the political plot in the rest home was okay, but had been done before and Elaine and her "not sure of his ethnicity" boyfriend, provided some chuckles, which keeps this episode from being a total wash, but if this episode ever comes on TBS I can't reach for the remot fast enough!moreless