Sesame Street

Show Reviews (109)

Great

Open mindedness

By greenwoodgrown, Apr 30, 2015

One of the best things about this long running show is it's message of understanding and inclusiveness. I hope that the grand child of the poster below (who thinks that the nose ring might jump off the screen and land on her granddaughter) grows up to be smarter than her grandmother. Maybe if live2die would have watched more sesame street as a child...

nose ring

By live2die, Feb 20, 2015

Please tell me why you would have this kids show, and have a person on the show with a nose ring. I had to look twice, to make sure you had someone on this kids show with a nose think it is this person...... Nitya Vidyasagar. I do not watch this show, My 5 year old grand daughter was with me because of school closing. She watches it.

Loved this show

By demariusbridg, Jul 25, 2014

This show is probably the best show for babies, toddlers, and especially kids going into preschool. You actually learn things while being entertained at the same time (unlike Barney). The show is full of color and will easily keep kids' attention.

When I'm watching the show with my 11 month old niece, I sometimes find myself watching the show and getting a little bit of enjoyment out of it as well.

Its not hard to see why this show has been running for 40+ seasons.moreless

hmm..

By alyyiki, Jun 18, 2014

well i use to watch this when i was little and i use to watch it with my 2 year old brother when he was 2 and secrelty liked it... now when i look at it... there's singing and dancing socks. .-.

The Greatest Show for Preschool Children!

By CatMommy123, Jun 13, 2014

My daughter watches this show almost every day. It's wonderful! She loves all of the cute characters and it's educational. It's catchy with the cheerful, bright colored characters and teaches useful knowledge about the world to help prepare them for school by teaching letters and numbers. It shows diversity and promotes harmony without getting political about anything. There's songs when appropriate and the voices in the show are great at retaining a toddler's attention even when they're not singing.

As someone else pointed out, it does not teach foreign languages, which as a foreign language teacher, I think is a good thing about this show. Toddlers should focus on learning their first language or the languages spoken by their caretakers and family before learning an unfamiliar language. They have enough to learn in those first few years. It is unlikely for kids to remember each of the random foreign words taught each day when they are never used by anyone else in real life and are not said in subsequent shows. It also gives kids a false sense of what learning a foreign language is like possibly making it difficult to accept in middle school when they need to learn how to form sentences and remember words in order to communicate on any level besides saying hello. Sesame Street shows them many everyday aspects of the world they actually live in.moreless

I would recommend this show

By KingKool18436, May 15, 2014

This show is a classic, and unlike other educational shows, there's no corny songs, breaking the fourth wall too much, dancing, or teaching foreign languages. Just like leviwellsy said, this show is pretty much safe.

I'm actually glad this is the longest-running children's television series. It has 44 seasons and 4,352 episodes. It deserves more than that.

One of the ONLY good show for younger audiences out there!

By leviwellsy, Apr 02, 2014

Seriously, this isn't one of THOSE shows, with the annoying songs, repetition, and pretty much breaks the fourth wall. This show is actually SAFE for your kids to watch. I grew up with this show and I still watch it in some occasions.

Puppets!

By anastasia1243, Feb 08, 2014

Various ep (09)

This is a real kids show. No constant fourth wall breaking or stupid songs or dancing.

By Oldnickolodeon34, Nov 29, 2013

I don't care what anyone says Sesame Street is a classic that both kids and adults can enjoy. No wonder its been around for along time. Thank god it's still on! Most baby shows today are annoying and break the 4th wall too much, but this is the only surviving one that doesn't do so. With all words go check out Sesame Street, it's more education than that rubbish known as Barney.

Sesame Street really means "The World"

By RyanGriffin1, Sep 23, 2013

A classic show that everyone will remember! I've learned so many things and hopefully I will teach things that I've learned from Sesame Street to them. Really educational and entertaining!

Load More Reviews