Sex and the City

Show Reviews (182)

Great

The best show I've ever seen

By tusexshopperu, Aug 10, 2014

Here in Peru is one of the series of very sexy adventure adventurous women in the city and that truth is highly recommended to see. Greetings from Peru.

A Classic show that entered our hearts

By monicaforman3, Feb 24, 2014

This show was so wonderful because it involved something that at one time or another we have all done; Searched for love. The way in which these four women fight for it is the struggle we've all faced. We have had the opportunity to "tag" along with these women as they go on adventure after adventure together as best friends in an epic battle to be happy in love. Oh, and just a quick heads up. They are giving away an entire season of Sex and the City on DVD at endedtvseries-com.moreless

czxcxz

By raynoldslow, Jul 13, 2013

cdacxz

My all time favorite show.

By CaylaRomo, Aug 31, 2012

Even though at this time, the show is not relatable to me. I was 10 during the shows final season. That is not needed, the flaw free way of the story and characters is what pulled me in. After seeing the 2nd movie randomly, I was captivated. I fell in love with it, and spend the summer watching every singe episode. l I love this show to the stars and back, and I am very glad I decided to go see the movie, had I not I would be without my favorite show of all time.moreless

Fun, Light-hearted

By missineichen, Jun 12, 2012

best thing about this show is that it lets you live vicariously through carrie & the girls, since most women don't party as much as, & sleep with as many men as the SATC gang. It's just fun, entertaining, light hearted fluff, fantastic to watch after a hard day's work. Not meant to be taken too seriously

Carrie Bradshaw and and her three best friends explore the tough role of being a sexually active single woman in the new millennium

By 1001consejos, Oct 27, 2011

The series covers topics previously considered taboo in the small screen as orgasms, penis size, semen taste and the rules to follow while performing oral sex.

But overall,Sex and the City has followed up the women's issues like no other TV series, from divorce to infertility, adoption, breast canceror, indeed, the problems of bed.

These four women have changed the women's thinking and the city of NewYork.The message is: it's OK to be single and older than 30 years, Sex and the City is not about sex, is about every woman who is behind the sex.

moreless

Empty calories.

By sandbur, Oct 27, 2011

I know I'm in the minority here, but there are those of us viewers out there who found little to no merit in the concept, or the execution of this series.

Mostly focused on the "plight" of four women without a man, who need a man, who get a man (or men as the case may be...), who lose a man, who get another man...can you say, "trend"?...

Now, I'm not maligning men. Men are one of life's great inventions! But did the words "well-rounded woman" ever cross the minds of the SITC writers? Attempts at dealing with any real-life issue were lame at best.

I think this show was a missed opportunity. There was so much more they COULD have made of this premise, and they didn't take advantage. Still didn't on the big screen...moreless

love or hate it but accept that it is a cult.

By remycathy, Oct 27, 2011

Sex and the City definitely is a cult. Everyone who has television probably watch at least one episode.

Some think that it is a stupid and blank show and some think that it is the show which save and give freedom to woman.

So everyone loves it or hates it. But everyone has an opinion so this makes "Sex and the city" is a cult show.

I love Carrie and Samantha, they are funny and bold. All love all of the seasons but the last one is best for me because Mikhail Baryshnikov is included.

I wish that it never ended but at least we have movies.moreless

As a native New Yorker I finally decided to give my opinion on Sex And The City. I'll admit I didn't watch the show when it was first aired but later became glued to the repeats. There's a lot to be said about this show...some fascinating and some...

By YearsAfter, Oct 27, 2011

The writing on the show is fantastic especially with the analogies and play on words. I find myself deeply amused as Carrie spontaneously types away on her laptop about her thoughts on men, relationships and sex. Each character has a different and interesting personality which works well with each other as they express themselves at their leisure lunches which they always seem to have time to do. Most women can relate to many of the mentioned relationship situations at one point of their life. Haven't we all at one time fell in love with our own Mr. Big and found it impossible to detach even though we knew it was unhealthy? Or wondered why we can't be friends with our old boyfriends? As Carrie puts it "If you break up with your once loved boyfriend then where does that love go?". I really appreciate that there isn't a set answer to the questions but phrased as a "Maybe" which is food for thought in our own lives. It's not about right or wrong but real emotions which women feel. If the show was meant for women viewers then does that really matter? It is enjoyable to watch and to explore our own personal views. On the other side of the coin there is a misconception to the show which I feel is important to touch upon. Does the show misrepresent the average New York woman and possibly influencing other's thoughts about her and New York? Although it's fun and strictly for fun to watch the latest fashion runway trends it is also so unrealistic. If a woman walked down the busy streets of NY during work hours wearing a clingy low cut short dress bouncing braless in expensive sexy heels then there would be a countless number of offensive comments that no woman would want to hear repeated ever again. Most New Yorkers which includes models are rushing along on their busy schedule wearing casual clothing, muted colors, jeans, or yes…the famous black. We love wearing black! It goes with everything and hides our flaws. Sure women will dress up for a date at night but not with a fur and a mini-skirt when the bright sun is shining. Come on…it's the Big Apple City with 6 million people where you fight to get a cab to go a block. And worse is the idea that one can walk into a classy cool club, meet a hot potential new guy and end up in bed time after time without regretting the dangerous risk of sexually transmitted diseases. Give us a little more credit in the responsibility department. There would be a major decrease in Manhattan's population if that were the actual NY belief and Samantha would be first. Besides it's not like every NY guy feels he can approach every woman or that you will go out and find a guy every time. Not a good message to send out to our female audience. And last while easily admitting to love fashion I believe fashion should enhance a woman instead of forcing a women to enhance the fashion! It's embarrassing to watch these beautiful ladies dressed in their smashed chest couture gowns where their tummies protrude and make the worse of their features. Okay, it's only a show, a fantasy and colorful to watch. And it is just that…an entertaining adventure in the controversial topic of sex and love from different women's viewpoints. Oh, and yes with a delightful curiosity in staring at their jewelry and designer fashions with Prada and Jimmy Choo shoes. Sharon of www.YearsAfter.commoreless

Load More Reviews