Showtime Renews Shameless and House of Lies

By Kaitlin Thomas

Feb 18, 2014

Showtime's dysfunctional family drama Shameless is in the middle of one of its best seasons yet, with Sunday's "Iron City"—in which Fiona spent some painful time in county jail—coming in as one of the series' best episodes to date. Perhaps as a reward for Fiona and the rest of the family's really good bad behavior, the network has renewed Shameless for Season 5, which will run for 12 episodes and debut in 2015. But the Gallaghers aren't the only ones who received good news today: Shameless's Sunday-night dark comedy companion House of Lies has also been renewed, for Season 4. Both shows air alongside the Matt LeBlanc-starring Episodes, which was renewed for Season 4 back in December

Despite boasting several critically praised performances, especially by Emmy Rossum (who plays Fiona, the eldest Gallagher daughter), Shameless has yet to really receive earn the kind of ratings (or awards show love) it deserves, but the numbers have slowly been rising in Season 4. Shameless is currently averaging 5.5 million viewers across all viewing platforms, which is an 8 percent increase over Season 3. House of Lies, which stars Kristen Bell and Don Cheadle as management consultants who will say whatever they have to say to swindle their clients out of fat stacks of cash, is holding steady at 3 million viewers a week.

Are you excited for more Shameless and House of Lies?

• Comments (34)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • janetplanet1 Feb 22, 2014

we love shameless,house of lies and episodes all three. they are the reason we have showtime.

• MightyMad Feb 20, 2014

Never miss either one of those shows on Sunday.

In my book, they are both superior than the highly overrated Girls. Hell, Episodes is better than that ridiculous chickfest!

• MarlboroMagpi Feb 19, 2014

Great News for Shameless. One of my favorite on TV now. I am getting quite bored with House of Lies. I really liked the cast but the stories are getting old. I have yet to move beyond episode 3 of this season.

• melynaanylem Feb 19, 2014

Great news it is! Can't wait for more Shameless! Wish they have more episodes per season!

• hockeyrick Feb 19, 2014

Shameless is another reason to stay away from that area of the US!

• No1Slayerette Feb 19, 2014

Congrats to Shameless. I've never watched the US version, but have frequently and continuously heard nothing but praise about it from many users here at tv.com, and it's now fast moving up my list of shows to catch up on. This news only gives me even more reason.

• Vicky8675309 Feb 19, 2014

House of Lies!

• J_Pip Feb 19, 2014

Good news everyone!

• Sanity_Bleeds Feb 19, 2014

So happy to see more Shameless! House of Lies went pretty far downhill in season 2, but they've been coming back really strong in this new season, AND they brought back Marty's freeze-frame moments, arguable the greatest part of the entire series!

• KevinG87 Feb 18, 2014

Shameless is one of the best shows on TV period, even though I don't like some of their storylines lately, so I'm not too surprised it's renewed... could care less about House of Lies, I kept trying to like it but the only redeeming aspect was more Kristen Bell in my life.

• See More Comments (18)