Sheep in the Big City

Show Reviews (25)

Great

Funny, Imaginative, Intresting Plots. WHY WAS IT CANCELED?

By Review-o-tron, Dec 14, 2013

This was one of the funniest cartoons i've ever seen. The Oxymoron commercials were hilarious. Nowadays, Cartoon Network's shows a severe decline in quality (espically, that Uncle Grandpa). Sheep in the Big City had a lot of imagination (like the concept of Clearance Day), Also had a good sense of humor, such as the idea of "Smart Bombs" as bombs that go to the library. Cartoon Network should really reboot this show or at least air reruns of it.

I nearly forgot that this show existed

By cheese1994, Aug 25, 2013

A unique and original plot, hilarious jokes, good like-able characters. It's unfortunate how obscure this show is now.

Good show.

By Lyoko88, Mar 18, 2013

Good show. Too bad it didn't last long.

Well there is the sheep, and the not-so-secret military organisation hot on his tail, lame brain General Specifiks and a weird little girl who treats sheep like a dog... All this I get, but a ranting Swede? Huh? Still can't figure that out...

By sjquah, Jan 21, 2011

The story about a sheep on the run is quite original i must say. But there are some points where it doesn't really make sense, like what is the ranting Swede?

But all in all, I think it is a fairly decent and funny cartoon to watch, when you have nothing better on.

A sheep gets sick of the barn so he tries to go to a city.

By Darkknight313, Dec 29, 2007

This show is great and underrated it has such great references and funny names for the characters like Far Mer John and General Pacific and Private Public I wonder why it was canceled? It might not have been popular but it's a underappreciated series even though the style ain't that great and some episodes were strange this show is something to get use to. I hear by give this a 8.2 out of 10 if it was still going I would give it a 9 or 10 but I give it 8.2 also cause there are somethings not good about it.moreless

Shear silliness, but very enjoyable.

By Afro_monkee, Aug 12, 2007

The story of a sheep living in the Big City, who not only has to somehow get jobs and make money, but also has to avoid a Secret Military Organization bent on capturing him to survive. Sounds ridiculous, and it is, but it is deserving of attention and more episodes.

The story follows Sheep, obviously, with narration by Ben Plotz. He leaves his farm and clingy owner Farmer John for life in the Big City, and with the military on his tail. It just so happens he's the perfect specimen for their Sheep-Powered Ray Gun, and General Specific will not rest until its completion. With advice from the Angry (not Mad) Scientist and Private Public, the General is constantly putting his crazy plans into action and amazingly failing every single time. Sheep also falls in love with a poodle, Swanky, but it is a love possibly unrequited thanks to Swanky's sheep hating owner, Lady Richington. Each episode has its bizarre twists with the occasional heartwarming moral, and ends with insight from our favorite Ranting Swede.

This show is overflowing with puns along with breaks through the fourth wall and very hysterical if you give it a chance. The running gags, plays on names, and fake commercials are clever and refreshing from the usual fart jokes from other cartoons. Sometimes the show tries a little too hard to be funny, but can still have you laughing nonetheless. If you need a good laugh, Sheep in the Big City can help.moreless

I miss this show

By flcl_Wizard, May 02, 2007

Sheep in the Big City is a cool show. Better than Catdog or Yakkity Yak I hate CN why, they won't cancell Baby looney Tunes. My favorite character is Sheep, he is one of the coolst character of Cn! None of those characters are annoying . I love SITBC

It should come back & Replace BLT.

A cartoon centering on Sheep, an aptly named sheep, who has left his farm to live in the Big City. While there he becomes targeted by a secret military organization for use in one of their weapons.

By Lazy_TV_fan, Mar 28, 2007

This was not your average cartoon with a simple storyline, but a much more complex and character-driven one. Episodes even went outside the Sheep story with advertisement spoofs and Sheep characters in other venues. It was the use of both visual and literal gags that really made the show a standout. This was genuine humor, not just stupidity and crudeness spouted out every 5 seconds. The voice work was superb and it's hard to imagine so few people were responsible for so many different characters. And though the show was somewhat short-lived, I'll always remember its genius. No two episodes were ever alike.moreless

A good show with an original plot

By happylonelygirl, Mar 02, 2007

Where the he-- did this show go? it was one the funniest shows Cartoon Network ever made. I don't remember much about it except I would wait every friday for new episodes. Cartoon Network needs to stop airing dumb shows and bring this one back. Sheep, I miss that little guy. And the Colonel was hilarious.

Load More Reviews