Great

When discussing these shows with a group of adults, it was clear that there was no 'best' or 'worst' episode of this show. Everyone had their unique memory of different episodes that inspired them. Yet, no one could recall an episode they didn't like.

By la2broadway, Jun 18, 2006

Fairie Tale Theatre is one of the first things that I will collect the moment I find out I am with child. (Although, I have no plans as of now.) When I look back on my toddler years, this is one of the first things that comes to mind. I credit Fairie Tale Theatre with so much of the creativity that I posess today. (I'm a performer in film/television and theatre, and also paint.)

The stories are obviously timeless and Fairie Tale Theatre produced them masterfully. The performances are uncanny and written with charm, wit, and a deepness that children can understand yet, adults can still relate to.

I will be honest, I don't remember these shows instilling some great morals in me, or having some terriffic educational value. Educationally, you may consider that in elementary school the stories are covered and I remember feeling 'ahead of the class' when we got to each one.

Adults alike would not be dissappointed at reviewing these shows. They are entertaining and scenically designed for viewers of all ages. And, it is intriguing and entertaining to see so many acclaimed actors skillfully play these classic roles.

Whether you are a parent, college student, or senior citizen, this show is a-list recommended. It is a mystery to me why the show was ever cancelled, and why they have not attempted a reprise! But, who knows what could happen? When you wish hard enough, and believe in a little magic, dreams can come true, right?moreless

Faerie tales are brought into lush, loving life by Shelly Duvall and her friends.

By VerityJackson, Jul 19, 2005

I heard about this series and thought it might be fun to see Big Name Celebrities have fun with faerie tales. I figured my daughter would think it was silly fun. Eighteen or so years later and I am waiting for this series on dvd!

Not every episode is a jewel, but knowing I can see Christopher Reeve as Prince Charming is a teeny comfort. Mick Jagger as an Asian Emperor is delightful! Joan Collins as Hansel and Gretel's stepmother is a hoot! Ben Vereen as Puss In Boots is fun!

If you can see any of this series, do so!moreless