Sherlock: The First Season 3 Trailer Is Here! (VIDEO)

By Kaitlin Thomas

Aug 02, 2013

The BBC has released the first teaser for Season 3 of Sherlock, and perhaps the most shocking thing about it isn't that Benedict Cumberbatch's title character is alive, but that Watson (Martin Freeman) has grown a mustache in his absence. Grief does weird things to people.

Watch the teaser below and then hit the comments to tell us how excited you are for the new episodes! Or, you know, discuss your theories regarding what's going to happen when Watson realizes his BFF isn't dead after all.

• Comments (102)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • ludoTV Sep 13, 2013

Filming reportedly ended on 31st August so looks like Season 3 won't start before early 2014...

• J_Pip Aug 13, 2013

Oh heeeeeeelllllsssss yeah. As Sherlock would say... LATERZ

• DesertWolf Aug 10, 2013

Thank you very much, I must say this is the best Sherlock Holmes shoe I ever seen and season 3 is really going to be the best, I can't wait to see it

• 377221 Aug 05, 2013

The most shocking thing about it definitely isn't that Sherlock is alive, given that he was revealed to be alive in the season 2 finale and the show can't exist without him.

• pyrofox1313 Aug 05, 2013

That was a trailer? It wasn't even a minute long.

• Extispex Aug 05, 2013

That's why it's called a teaser ;)

• nimd4 Aug 04, 2013

Still not sure how people don't find this show insulting. The ridiculous plot devices, lame story elements and even some of the acting.. is way too much; yet everybody loves it. Jeremy Brett is Sherlock Holmes and if you want to remake it, as a modern show, then do like "Elementary" - at least. I know this will fall on deaf ears, so I'll just stop here. ;-s

• LawrenceSmith3 Aug 05, 2013

Has to be sarcasm. Just has to be.

• aligroo Aug 08, 2013

yeah sarcasm, definitely!

• Sanity_Bleeds Aug 05, 2013

While I understand I'm very much in the minority for genuinely enjoying Elementary, I find the fact you place it on a higher pedestal than Sherlock downright disturbing.

• nimd4 Aug 05, 2013

Meh, I don't; don't even like Elementary in particular, but when something happens in Sherlock - just because the director or the writer(s?) thought it would be smart, without any logical path leading to it (and without it being practically possible) - we have to keep watching and think of it as part of the story. Sorry, can't do that.

• MartinMark1 Aug 05, 2013

I like both equaly Elemtary and Sherlock, but still i prefer old Russian Sherlock Holmes series.

• JanDeWitt1 Aug 05, 2013

Elementary? Seriously? The series' lack of respect for the source material is patent. Jeremy Brett is quite good, I agree, but I have to disagree with everything you said about this adaptation.

• nimd4 Aug 05, 2013

I meant it as in I can understand an adaptation taking some different path in Elementary, but with Sherlock we're led to believe he's the old with the new and - while some of it can be brilliant - other parts, that make me want to just dismiss the show entirely, we're spoon fed some dialogue that's supposed to set things right: when something completely different (and bull :)) is happening on screen.

• zampognaro Aug 05, 2013

im not understanding your gripe about the show .. can u give some examples of what you don't like?

• zampognaro Aug 06, 2013

maybe you should watch it again :D

• nimd4 Aug 06, 2013

I hate spending time discussing it, but thanks for the interest in my comment. I'd have to re-watch for the specifics, been a while.. Kinda messed up, also, that I'm not following through with it now. :-\

• MaraBallester1 Aug 04, 2013

Indeed you should...

• zampognaro Aug 04, 2013

that was sarcasm, right?

• nimd4 Aug 05, 2013

Nah. xD

• YiWernYoong Aug 04, 2013

sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere down the comments...but how confirmed is it that season 3 will start Oct 31 2013?

• CiaraGlynn Aug 05, 2013

As yet unconfirmed. There are talkings of the airdate being revealed during/after the filming of episode three, so if that is true, we should know by late August/early September.

• YiWernYoong Aug 07, 2013

Ahh so its still not confirmed...okay *continues to wait impatiently* hahahaha

• saizen33 Aug 04, 2013

That is on a Thursday. It has always been on Sundays. ????

• nic656 Aug 04, 2013

Just hearing that amazing soundtrack gets me excited. I can't wait

• GreyMinerva Aug 04, 2013

Good thing Sherlock is back, so he can finally make John get rid of that ridiculous caterpillar on his upper lip! :)

• layton2012 Aug 04, 2013

The music got me excited, the trailer was disappointing to say the least, but I'm still excited for series 3.

• See More Comments (47)