Sid the Science Kid

Show Reviews (23)

Poor
4.6

It's very educational and great source for children to learn.

By teannaeagle, Jul 22, 2014

Great show for kids, he give open questions and engage kids to get outside and explore the world. Shows his parents getting involve and enthusiastic of learning new things. I wish they can do new dance moves or the opening.

Horrible

By Vebesbeans, Jul 06, 2014

One of the worst PBS Kids Shows of All Time along with Barney,Caillou,and alot more.

unwatchable

By snoopk101, Jun 04, 2014

Sid the Science Kid is a crappy show with a forced agenda. The show tries so hard to be diverse but instead over compensates with a grandma who listens to every type of music, does every type of extreme sport and knows everything. A teacher who tricks the kids into listening to her sing crappy songs. Gabrrrriela who has to make it a point that she is Hispanic especially when her mother visits the class. Gerald who was mentioned in a previous post as a red monster who represents the insensitive ignorant white man. Mae the quite awkward Asian girl who rarely gets to contribute anything to the show. My point is Sesame Street is a great show that delivers all the positive elements of diversity and education without all of the self righteous crap of Sid the Science Kid. Boo this show, I hope it gets cancelled!moreless

Stick with Bill Nye the Science Guy

By Gryphon-Guide, May 08, 2014

Very badly done and this is aired by PBS? I expected far better than this. The voices are annoying, jokes aren't funny, the animation is an eyesore (like Fanboy and Chum Chum), nor is the music any good. In fact the creators must have gotten science and the performing arts mixed a bad way. Having puppets instead of that using bad animation would have been a plus, at least it wouldn't have been as bad of an eyesore. (Did the puppeteers go on strike or is there a petition fighting for the puppets' rights?)

For an educational show it fails in so many ways and is a waste of time. I don't have kids yet and I won't let them see it. At least Bill Nye was funny enough for some people and engaging and you learn something from him. There are several far better science shows than this. If you ask me, Sid needs several science lessons from Bill Nye and others.moreless

Rather be water boarded.

By BarrierReef, Apr 22, 2014

My daughters hate this show! It made our year when it was moved to another time and Martha Speaks replaced it.

Creepy all the way through it is.

Pro- At least your not being water boarded.

Con- It feels like you are.

Barf!

By panteirra84, Mar 27, 2014

I saw this show a couple times with my daughter and Sid, who's supposed to be a science boy talks and asks people questions like he's a toddler. Is Sid a re-tard or what? I almost thought this would be a show similar to Bill Nye the science guy. At least he made educating about science fun and humorous. And the jokes that Sid tells people are dumber than a door-knob and are not funny at all. And on top of that, it teaches kids things they usually learn before they get into preschool. And the song he sings at the beginning of the show, Double barf! Makes me wish Simon Cowell was on the show to criticise Sid's singing. And what really makes the animation look cheap is that all the characters in the show appear to have either red or purple hair and reminds me of Ronald McDonald and Grimmusmoreless

CRINGE

By FreedomIsNoDebt, Jan 14, 2014

I cannot stand letting my son watch this show. I literally cringe when it comes on and turn off the TV immediately before my son's IQ lowers. I hope this show gets taken off television as soon as humanly possible. If I could vote 0/10 stars, I would.

Awful in So Many Ways

By PaulSiraisi, Sep 17, 2013

Let's start with the actors--adults pretending very badly to be children. The fake kid voices are excruciating. Gabriella's precious, put-on stammering, for example makes me want to rip that red-topped piece of cartoon foam rubber to bits. The sashaying teacher thing has the smug, I-don't-want-to-sound-too-American lilt of the PC-addled liberal. I'm sure the actress believes she's being loving, graceful, sophisticated and full of spirit. What she actually is is an ode to presumptuous pretense. Gerald, the white kid in this carefully racially calibrated political screed, sounds like a sort of screeching monster. Why would you make a child sound like that?

Of course in the carefully disguised hate speech that is this show, Gerald is subtly denigrated at every turn, from his slightly uglier face (disguised in the general ugliness of the cartoon foam rubber shapes, but the aesthetic decision-making is discernible nevertheless), to his horrible rasping voice, to his ever inferior ideas, for example when the writers select Gerald to be kid whose parents have told him that women can't be scientists (seems someone forgot where feminism happened). Did we need this message? The writers of this show reveal their low minds in thinking so.

More on the poor quality of thought in the writing: Apparently someone had a plan to have a show "celebrating science", and the writers thought they had to make the kids literally celebrate it. Like "food let's do a dance and celebrate!" This is some seriously flat-footed screen play, and thinking. What is the science they are able to come up with? Sid doing interviews and getting wrong answers from kids. We're very careful not to be judgmental about those wrong answers. Then later Smug Sashay Thing coos out the right answer and does another dance. Everyone's opinion matters! And we dance a lot. And science is just stuff people say, not the actual process of discovery by real scientists.

And then there's the idea of computer modeled puppets - yes, deliberately making a cartoon look like a puppet. This was understandable, and quite successful, when the developers of the pre-PC (in every sense) Muppets presumably looked for a way to give more freedom to their characters. The Muppets had an established look, built from reality. The Sid assembly, however, was conceived from scratch. Animators who could have created absolutely anything they wanted, deliberately sat down and modeled these characters as bulky, clumsy, pieces of styrofoam whose mouths, in order to make speech sounds, have to contort themselves into horrible shapes. What's worse is that these concoctions also manage to convey a desire to look human - fail!, and we're proud of it. Understanding the kind of thinking that went into that decision - to present failure as a foundation - might make a fascinating study.

Sid the Science Kid is a smug piece of foolishness involving horrifyingly ugly characters, stupid ideas and discrete racism. Protect your kids from it.moreless

WHO WOULD WATCH THIS PATHETIC PIECE OF CRAP?

By finnysohr, Aug 27, 2013

YOUR KIDDING ME WITH THIS, NO ONE WANTS TO SEE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS MAKES DORA THE EXPLORER LOOK LIKE THE EARLY DAYS OF SPONGEBOB, NO JOKE!!!!!! THIS HORRIBLE PIECE OF CRAP IS PATHETIC!!!!!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, FOR THE LIFE OF YOURSELF, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!!!!!! DO NOT WATCH OR SHOW YOUR KID THIS PATHETIC PIECE OF CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 0/10 STARS, HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!

I'm back! Horrible show.

By IHateNumbers123, Aug 21, 2013

This show is disgusting. The "jokes" are nowhere near funny (one of them is a character shouting "POOP!" when the teacher talks about the process of food. WHY) and like another user said (I don't know if it was on another site or this one?) there is more singing and dancing then there is actual science. The voices are irritating as well. And to those people that say that adults shouldn't be judging shows for preschoolers, if you were annoyed by this disgusting and irritating show, WOULD YOU WANT TO HAVE IT ON 24/7?! NO! IT'S BEST THAT YOUR KIDS NEVER FIND OUT ABOUT THIS SHOW UNLESS YOU WANT TO TURN INTO TO A MAD PSYCHO. NO PEACE AT ALL OUT!moreless

Load More Reviews