Skyland

Show Reviews (30)

Good
7.9

vioce acting distroys this show

By tomchap2, Aug 20, 2013

It is always a huge shame when every part of an animation or film has had tons of love put in to it but then the dub has the most blas direction ever killing the mood entirely -badly synced with the animation, and extremely plastic, however its faults are not completely restricted to the dub it does suffer from substantial filler also, despite this it worth giving the first episode a try the environments and backstory might just make you fall in love with it -if you want another exsaple of this kind of animation -possibly better- which deserves more recognition then I suggest Molly Star-Racer .moreless

So close and yet so far

By RicTheUltimate, Mar 25, 2013

Skyland had explosive potential in everything: music, voice acting, animation, but I don't know what happened, and I think it's because of the directing.

Yes, the music in it was amazing, and the animation is legendary, but the writing, as good as the overall plot was, was crap! Bleach and Naruto doesn't look good with fillers, why the hell would this? And I'll tell you something, I feel like only 2% of this show is cannon. The sound effects are super quiet when they should be at the same level as the voices, and the voices need to by sync'd better with the mouth movements. I feel like they're trying to do something like anime with mouth flaps but the mouth flaps were just too specific and it didn't work out.

It's biggest downfall was, once again, side conflicts that had nothing to do with the show. It puts me to sleep whenever I watch it. And I've heard some of these voice actors shout, so I know they were good pics, but they just whined the whole time -- that's definitely the fault of directing.

As adequate or even below average as this show is, it deserves more recognition of it's existence. After all, it's this show that inspired Iron Man: Armored Adventures after it's completion, which I love.moreless

Bring back Skyland

By williamculmer, Feb 26, 2013

I miss this show.

Love the graphics, it blew me away when I first saw a glimpse of it on telly. It was so good that I had to get it out on dvd.

By babme, May 07, 2011

Amazing graphics, there's no doubt about that. Just love love love the graphics, it blew me away when I first saw a glimpse of it on telly. It was so good that I had to get it out on dvd. Even if the story is a little weak at times, the graphics are entertaining to watch. Not quite sure about the dubbed dialogue, and was disappointed that there weren't any subs on the dvd. I have watch the first 13 episodes on dvd. I'm hoping to find the second dvd to watch the rest soon. Perhaps with subs this time.moreless

Excellent animations/graphics, good concept story, nice vehicle designs especially the Hyperion and St. Nazaire, intense actions, nice musics, cool clothes design.

By TitanShore, Apr 19, 2009

The first time I watched Skyland was just a browse through the TV stations. One episode was being shown on ABC Kids Australia. The first impression I had was ... " this is a very impressive animation .. " For over a year I was looking for the DVD and finally bought the Part 1 and recently I bought the Part 2.

Watched them at home were total blast. I should say the first impression is the graphic ... AWESOME!!! I've been watching this Skyland at least 5 times from Episode 1 to 26. My daughter also loves them and she even watched them more than I do. My Opinions of Skyland.

PLOT:

It's a good show for kids. I like the flow of the stories. I found only couple episodes that are a bit boring. The rest are good to excellent.

ACTION:

Dogfights and chasing actions are very intense. I would expect to have more human to human air chase so just to balance the actions. I should admit too much on the Robot vs Human in terms of air actions. The duels of Seijin powers are excellent. Love all the actions between Lena/Mila and Oslo/Diwan. GRAPHICS/ANIMATIONS:

I just mentioned this above .. AWESOME!!!! One of the best animations I've ever seen. Love the motion capture technology and this is really the best thing to make the animation movements look real. I'd say Skyland has the same ranking to top of the line animations like Final Fantasy, Appleseed etc.

CHARACTERS:

The characters are good and distinctive. Mahad shows how normally teenagers his age like and at the same time he also shows a lot of cares in many situations especially towards his sister Lena.

I like the character Lena ... powerful young girl and she is a lot more mature than her age. She is very well made as character and also a good match with Oslo and Diwan. Excellent!!

Building up the characters like Mahad and Lena are not too slow considering they are only kids and they have so many things to wonder. Again .. for kids, this is a good TV show. I would expect more if this was made as a movie. MUSIC:

Good music and it would be better to have more intense musics during the duels or dogfights.

NEED SLIGHT IMPROVEMENT:

- Balance the Seijin power in Lena. She sometimes shows how strong she is but in the other hand she is weak in battling the same character (still under the sun). I believe Lena should be more powerful than her Mom (Mila). - Make more variety of air fighters and perhaps add more St. Nazaire pirate ships (like Callisto) to help Cortes fighting. So bringing in reinforcement makes it more realistic rather than just fighting the whole robot armies with one flagship and its Mosquitos.

- More villains would be better rather than just seeing Oslo, Diwan, and all the robot armies.

- For DVD release, would be nice to have the subtitle option including English.

I hope there will be Season 2 and at least a movie for this. Love it big time!!! Keep up the good work!!!moreless

Well,I don't like this show,but I like one episode of it.

By woahwoah678, Apr 18, 2009

This show is pretty much terrible than The Secret Show.I mean,it takes place in the fututre and I only like one episode of it and that one is the one where there is this robot spider.But this show is still terrible,even if I like a episode of it.Well,it doesn't look good than Storm Hawks.I never seen Storm Hawks,but I still think that show is better than this one.I really don't like this show and it's very terrible and this show is not better than Spongebob Squarepants or Drake and Josh.I really hate this show and I give this show a C.moreless

An interesting but short series about Lena and her brother Mahaud as they fight the Sphere.

By Chikiro, Jan 10, 2009

Animation: 10/10

The animation for Skyland is brillant. It looks good and the animation works with the plot and events well. The seijin powers were produced well throughout the series, and weren't over the top or cheesy graphics.

Character Design: 6/10

The costume design is interesting for some of the characters. Some of them had weird concepts and others not bad. What was good was each character had their own style. The character design, personality wise wasn't done that well. It was a typical villian type for Oslow, with no other traits in his personalities and the characters tended to have few qualities: they didn't have a range, just a few. Having said this the characters were interesting enough. Storyline: 8/10

Although it isn't too original, the storyline keeps your attention and is interesting enough watching the two siblings struggle and triumph against the Sphere in an effort to free their mother. Some episodes tended to be slow and not very meaningful but all up the series was good to watch both fun and occasionly funny.moreless

Could use some improvements.

By lordozai890, Aug 21, 2008

Skyland is a great show, but could use a lot of improvements. A bald women, a crazy leader, and a guy with a boomerang. Diwan should actually have hair! The Sphere should actually be nicer. My favorite character is Mahad, he is always funny and makes fun of Cortes a lot. Cheng is also another favorite, not just is he a computer geek but practically a genius. Probably smarter than Mahad. Lena is very powerful and I am not suprised that she is a Seijin, in television shows, the girl is always the powerful one. Overall, this show is an 8.2moreless

If only they had spent as much time on the plot as they had on the animation, this show could have been great.

By DeathandDoom, Aug 05, 2008

Every now and again an animated series comes out that is just so good that everyone stands up and takes notice. These programs have the perfect blend of excellent animation and involving story to reach audiences well beyond the target age, and pull them into the world the characters inhabit. "Batman: The Animated Series" and "Gargoyles" were some of the first, and were later followed by "Justice League," "Justice League Unlimited," and "Teen Titans." The most recent show like this is "Avatar; the Last Airbender." These are the kind of programs that "Skyland" clearly wants to emulate - unfortunitly, it gets only half the equation right.

The first thing that you will notice about "Skyland" is the graphics - and they are amazing. Everything is done in a cell-shaded style that does not quite look like anything that I have seen before, with instantly recognizable characters and beautiful scenery. On top of that, the musical score is top notch, giving a truly beautiful atmosphere to the series that I haven't seen since "Samurai Jack." it isn't until the characters open their big mouths that the problems start arising. See, while the visuals and music are very impressive, the show falls flat on the parts that really matter - namely, a good plot and likable characters. The plot is about as deep as a kiddie pool; in the the far future, the world is split into many different floating islands, and is ruled by the Sphere, an Evil Empire (because really, what other kind of Empire is there?). The only hope for the world is a bunch of Gallant Rouges and a two kids, a brother named Mahad and a sister named Lena. The sister has special powers and has a mysterious destiny, natch. Of course, the threadbare plot could be forgiven if the characters themselves were memorable - unfortunitly, they're not. Most of the voice actors are terrible, and the dialog is extremely stilted. a good example is Mahad, who not only is your standard "lovable idiot" cliche (minus the lovable), but speaks in constant never-ending one liners. Oslo, the main villain, is especially disappointing - he's an uninteresting, stereotypical villain that constantly monologues about his Diabolical Plans, laughs evilly for absolutely no reason, and screams "Nooooooo!" whenever his Diabolical Plans Are Inevitably Foiled.

The art is beautiful, and the show has promise, but the lame plot and unimaginative characters keep this show from being anything but average.moreless

This show is boring and it does not make any sense.

By 1MMfan, Feb 23, 2008

I took 30 minutes of my time to watch this.It sounded pretty intresting.I thought I may like it.I guess I was wrong.It was so boring.Nothing interesting happens.I agree the animation is great.However,the animation is the only thing it has.It also does not make sense.The world was shattered into millions of peices.So if the Earth was Eath was shattered then nobody would exist.Lena,Mahad and all of the characters would not be alive.Nicktoons needs to stop it with all these lame shows.The only good ones they have are a few classics,Kappa Mikey and Martin Mystery.Until this show is done,I will always change the channel when it comes on.I rate it a 1/10.moreless

Load More Reviews