Infamous

Episode Reviews (52)

Great

Awful. Just awful. Did I mention this was awful?

By Cranky_Old_Batt, Sep 13, 2011

This story felt out of sequence (a total one off). Extremely poorly paced. Some scenes were so painfully over-acted that I wanted to hurl. Other scenes saw characters sleep walking when normally they would have been flipping out or going off on someone.

Bringing back Tori Spelling - oh hell no. Her character was a stupid, wasted villain in the first story. 2.0 was actually worse. She really does have over-acting (or just acting like herself) down to a fine art.

So Lois is back like the whole affair with Lana never happened. In fact, this Lois seemed like a different person in places. Milquetoast when she should have been a raging tiger.

The same with Chloe; her lack of fire when told the news about Jimmy in the hospital just played bizarrely and out of character.

Clark was even more baffled by every aspect of life than he has been this entire season (with the exception of those moments driven by burning hate for Lex). Somehow the writers managed to make this character even more one dimensional than before.

This entire episode felt like the worst kind of filler. Like they hired C students to toss something together over a beer fueled weekend. No, I take that back, that may have resulted in a better episode than this. The few salient points (like what Doomsday has up to these days) felt like an after thought. Also, gee, I thought he was on ice to complete his transformation once and for all, yet guess who is back? The wishy washy heart sick semi-Doomsday. Complete drivel.

This truly was painful to watch. I won't be doing this again. Justin Hartley's hotness (that was sorely, but thankfully missing from this poop pile of an ep) is just not worth it.moreless

The episode was indeed very rushed. I'm having a hard time believing Clark really has feelings for Lois...

By silliputty_23, Nov 17, 2010

I see clearly that Lois is in love with him. But I really feel that the writers were more in love with the Clark/Lana relationship. With the way this relationship is headed, I feel if Lois and Clark ended up together and Lana came back Kryptonite-free, Clark would drop everything and bow at Lana's feet. I'm a hopeless romantic, without a doubt, so the romance is a part of the show for me. I don't buy that Lois and Clark are meant to be together in the end. I wouldn't have left Lois sitting there outside the coffee shop; I felt so bad seeing that (though I don't think Lois likes girls...)And the way he couldn't have taken the second to let Lois finish her sentence left me feeling that Lois is pretty unimportant to him. He acts as though she's a burden. I enjoyed the episode but felt it was very rushed. So much happened in so little time. But unless this storyline spanned out to more than one episode, rushed was the way it had to be. Out of the blue, Clark decides to let the world know his secret. I pretty well yelled at this decision(though it was midnight and I had family who were trying to sleep). Anyone who's seen previous episodes know why his secret can't be out to the world. The reason is touched upon in most episodes. Everyone believing Linda Lake(directly after her return from years in prison?)was insanely unbelievable. She states an alien invasion was underway. There was no proof. And I have no doubt people would have eventually turned on him, it's what happens to good people, but this was to the extreme. I'll admit that I rejoiced in Davis' killing Linda Lake. She was an incredibly annoying character. That was it. I guess I only stated the things I disliked about this episode. It wasn't truly horrible. It just wasn't greatly memorable. With the dislikes, I rate it a 7moreless

Smallville is back with vengeance

By scillaward, Sep 11, 2010

After a long break and after so much Lana being jammed down our throats, I'm glad to see that there's some Clois interaction. The ending was very touching. Clark obviously has feelings for Lois, but is afraid to act upon them because he has a fear to get too close to her because of what happened between him and Lana. I really wanted a Clois kiss, but I guess I have to wait until maybe the season finale. Davis was amazing, he was my favorite character. Because of Clark going back in time to stop Linda from printing a story about him, Davis no longer is taking those pills to help him control Doomsday from coming out. This was an excellent episode and the last seven episodes will be pivotal.moreless

It had a lot of merits, but Clarks irrational behavior is really starting to bug me.

By DavidEstill22, Jul 11, 2010

It seems stupid that Clark would reveal his identity in such a short amount of time , but I do like what if episodes every now in then. I say what if episode based on the fact that it either has to be dream sequence, or clark will whip out a legion ring, or superspeed around the earth. I like that fact that this episode explores the Louis and Clark relationship, and I also like her reaction when he reveals his identity to her. The big reason I decided to submit a review is the ending, Clark sees that Louis will accept him, but still decides he can't tell her because the government will invade smallville, but heres an idea:tell her your secret, but don't tell her to publish it in one of the nations top newspapers.Ok another idea go on a date with the woman you secretley love, and don't tell her your an alien. PS. I love that Davis killed Linda Lake. If only they done that in her first appearence.moreless

im' really confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Gossipgirl_fan3, Jun 02, 2010

so linda lake comes back. she blackmales clark into giving her the job of writing his life story. he doesnt listen then he tells lois. she argrees to write his story. she is sort of flusterd. things go wrong though when linda reveals that clark is just one of the first of an alien invasion. she also says that he murder lex (lie) and that he was the real hero. he then decides that he must go back in time. that makes lois sad.

what i really dont get is why clark doesnt have coffe with lois. i mean she understands his secret and she really likes him for that. but he doesnt come. which i SO DONT GET!!!!moreless

Linda Lake the great blue water blur blackmails the blue red blur Clark Kent about his secret so he tells Lois to turn the tables on her and things don't turn out to good so he has to undo everything back to the way things were.

By macjay33, Jun 02, 2010

I have this continuing love hate relationship with this show. It's like even a good episode like this one. The writers always do things to mess it up. And I have to compliment them this time. I mean they still messed up a few nitpicky things, but they did a much better job than usual.

They sort of filmed this like it was a dream sequence. You had a feeling especially as too many people were photographing Clark that this show could not sustain this so they would have to go back to the way they were somehow.

I thought the action was quick and this was a very well directed episode. There were no slow parts. It was kind of a blur so to speak. I got a little bit of the vibe of a previous episode when Clark revealed his secret to Lana and than had his father undo it. And of course you can see how the writers pegged the Legion episode as their out when they got to this episode. Not too bad as far as planning goes. And as we've seen with the show Heroes turning back time too much is no good and even though the writers rushed it without explaining it if you think about it a major villain almost stole the time travel ring so destroying it might have been a good idea but sometimes rushing things in an episode isn't always a good idea.

The Doomsday stuff was amazing and they were dead on perfect in what they did with him.

I kind of get a vibe that the writers thought this was the last season and they have big time rushed the Clark/Lois relationship. Now, that they've been renewed we may be seeing some of the breaks being pressed down. But with Lana out of the way it's still a go just maybe a little bit slower.

I guess my biggest complaints are the following. Even at the speed of water she is not beating Clark to his barn and finding his time-travel ring that fast. I am tired of all of the Kryptonite. They have got to do something else. I am starting to use Kryptonite as a bathroom break moment because of how overused it is as a device on this show.

I alluded to it earlier that they really haven't set up the Clark/Lois relationship to be really believable at the moment. Taking her off the show temporarily didn't exactly add momentum either. I was perfectly fine with the empty coffee ending. They need to write them to a point where they are closer and they haven't done that yet.

And lastly I felt that Clark would never have simply given up his secret that fast. It is kind of a betrayal of his character who for years had avoided it too just make up his mind like that with no reservations even. But I overlooked it as it helped this episode along, but it was not perfectly executed. But I must say for a show that never ever even in their best episodes executes everything perfectly they came pretty close in this one.moreless

Too much, too shallow

By entil2001, Jun 02, 2010

The previous episode was controversial within the "Smallville" fandom, to say the least. While many felt that brining back Lana was the right move, the resolution of their relationship, to many, undermined the past, present, and future of the series as a whole. In particular, by introducing an external reason for their final separation, rather than sticking with the internal reasons held at the end of the seventh season by both Clark and Lana.

Inevitably, there was anticipation that this episode would address the fallout of Lana's final exit, especially once it was clear that Lois was coming back into the spotlight. So it was initially quite disappointing to see that almost nothing was mentioned. In fact, this episode could have aired after "Legion", excising the subsequent Lana/Lex subplot entirely, and there would have been no sign of missing time. That really shouldn't be the case.

This is especially true given that the episode addresses the growing attraction between Clark and Lois, and provides a reason for Clark to take a deliberate step back. Given his emotional state at the end of "Requiem", did he need more of a reason to reconsider his feelings? If anything, he seems just a little too well-adjusted given his sense of loss, and his displayed emotions for Lois don't quite fit. But this episode dismisses all of those implications, hinging his decision to put a relationship with Lois on hold on his experiences in the alternate timeline. It just doesn't quite add up.

Two other things didn't quite work, either. The consequences of Clark's decision to tell the world about his true identity feel less like a thoughtful exploration of the rise and fall of such a public figure than the simplified Cliff Notes version. The public embraces him too completely and too quickly, and the adulation turns to distrust and anger just as abruptly. Like so many plot concepts on "Smallville", this is something that could have worked far better over the course of a few episodes (perhaps in place of the recent Lana arc).

The other problem is Tori Spelling. Who thought it was a bright idea to bring her back? While "Smallville" is always a little over the top, Spelling takes it to a completely different level. Every time she appears on screen, the quality of the episode drops through the floor. While the character makes sense for the story, it almost would have been better to come up with someone new.

With so many issues with the story itself, between the details of the story and its place in the larger season arc, it's surprising that I was relatively pleased when all was said and done. The reason is simply this: Clark finally came to the conclusion that he needs to develop a secret identity, despite his previous refutations. One would think Oliver might have gotten this concept across at some point, but it's satisfying to see Clark come the conclusion on his own. (And it's also nice to see "Legion" have a point.)

I still don't think the problems created by the shift to the Lana mini-arc have been addressed, and the writers are going to have to work overtime to correct the course and get the season back on track. The presence of Doomsday is a step in the right direction.moreless

Bottom of the Barrel I jsut want to see where all this is going because these episodes aren't getting any better.

By Sagitariusbri86, Jun 02, 2010

Half way like an Half way do not like, this Clark, Lana and Louis thing is just dumb and I don't want any more episodes dedicated to their love triangle. I am kind of waiting for the Doomsday showdown because thats where the action is at and I know the episodes now are to build up to that point but it's getting predictable and not fun to watch. They can atleast have Clark save someone or create some extra action but to turn this show into a Drama filled One Tree Hill is not what I want. This episode was great to finish but not great to watch. So come on Smallville get creative or cut the show off.moreless

Typical of what could kill this otherwise enjoyable show. Need to fix the skipping record.

By quantumbuc, Jun 02, 2010

What could have been a landmark episode became a combination of "been there, done that" and "oh, come on!".

For the former, enough with the "I can't ever tell the girl I love my deep, dark secret." It was already old with Lana, and we don't need to retread it with Lois. Frankly, in the alternate timeline, she accepted it fine. And no one killed her. So why the dumping her at the coffee shop? It made no sense.

As for the latter, it was freakin' ridiculous that the city loved Clark for 10 minutes, until that loser reporter pops up, claims she has the "truth" on Clark, and just like that, they hunt him and try to kill him (not knowing the bullets would bounce) all in the space of 5 minutes. I was praying that this was a dream, because that at least would have made sense.

And, the Legion ring will take you whereever you want, immediately? I'm pretty sure that's NOT what the Legion told him the ring would do. So, in summary, retread plot device, totally ridiculous story development, and unbelievable resolution, topped off by unsatisfying relationship development. I want my Smallville back. The well-written, enjoyable episodes.moreless

Load More Reviews