So You Think You Can Dance

Show Reviews (316)

By SisterKat77, Sep 16, 2015

I felt sometimes the dancers received low scores because the choreography was not 100%. You can only dance (sometimes) as good as your choreography. Nice to try a new format to see what works and what doesn't work. The votes are in. Hopefully the producers will do the right thing to get their ratings back up. Congrats to the winner! (I ain't hating)! :0)

Terrible format

By KarenAmsler, Sep 15, 2015

This years format of stage vs street horrible. Judges gave tough and terrible criticism to the stage performers. Jim was the best talented dancer and didn't get to the finals???? It was alwYs about the street dancers . Seemed like that was all we were watching. And even numbers going home from each team???? Should have best dancers and highest votes. And the finale was almost all street dancing. I want the emotional graceful dancing, ball room dancing and more trained dancers back! Not saying that street dancing shouldn't be on too but not 90% street and not given advantages or being favored. If this is format and judges for next year won't be watching. And glad that Gabby won! I thought her or Jim would have taken it. Loved Jaja and Vurgil but not to win.moreless

not even the same show anymore

By sml2298, Sep 15, 2015

SYTYCD used to be something I looked forward to every week. This year it felt like a chore to watch it. I kept hoping that the next week would be better but I was constantly let down. Firstly, the judging panel was absolutely terrible. There was no chemistry whatsoever, and it was painful to listen to Jason and ESPECIALLY Paula try to sound like they knew what they were talking about. Mary's energy was desperately needed. Also, the whole format of stage vs. street was a total let down. All it succeeded in was degrading the street dancers and making excuses for certain dancers not to live up to the standards and technique of specific styles. There should have been two separate shows, or they shouldn't have combined the stage and street dancers for weekly routines. Throughout the season, I wasn't extremely attached to any of the dancers, whereas last year I knew from the first episode that I would wholeheartedly rout for Ricky and Jessica. All of the dancers were pretty bland and no one ever stood out to me. The one dancer who did was Jaja, and I was very disappointed that she didn't win given that Gaby is such a typical contestant and someone that won't be remembered in 2 months from now. Lastly, the choreography completely lacked this season. Where were the life changing Sonya Tayeh and Travis Wall routines? This show used to have me crying over countless routines and this year I didn't shed a tear. There were good dances, don't get me wrong, but nothing really moved me this year. I miss the SYTYCD that inspired me to become a better dancer. This season left me with a sour taste in my mouth and a relatively negative view on the dance world. If nothing changes, don't count on my view for next year.moreless

Please bring back guest judges!

By DonnaRichey, Sep 15, 2015

Jason Derulo is horrible! Bring back guest judges and ballroom. This is by far the worst season ever.

This season of sytycd is totally boring.

By PatLehn, Sep 15, 2015

The 2015 show is just boring. Bad idea: stage and street. Sorry Nigel, you need a couple of upbeat judges for your repartee. Paula can't talk and is a total yawn week after week. So is Derulo. Mary's energy is much needed. Guest judges Or another upbeat energetic person. Think this might be the swan song.

So Sad - This show has gone downhill fast this season!

By ReneeCombs, Sep 14, 2015

Miss the old format, actual judging (can't stand Paula; she's the reason I stopped watching American Idol), and dance variety. Now it's all hip-hop (really get tired of all the crotch-grabbing; it's so stupid), more hip-hop, contemporary and, oh, hip-hop. Hip-hop is so boring, nothing seems to be new. Where's the ballroom and other variety this season? It got a little better towards the end, but where are the costumes? Did you spend all the money on the new set and have nothing left over for talented choreographers, costumes and valid judges? Probably won't watch next season, if you can manage to bring it back. Congrats to Cat!moreless

Nigel, What ARE YOU Thinking?

By porkeepoe, Sep 14, 2015

If a massive back wall of lights & criss-crosses overtake 2 little dances - I can't see the dance & can't FEEL the story!!!!! When I don't feel much I change the channel.

This show used to be full of dances that transported me & inspired me, the guest choreographers were fabulous! and so was Mary!

Cat talking like a mother hen is a bit too much for goodness sake.

I like Jason & Paula, especially Jason but you don't have fun or chemistry with them.

Please come back to the golden era of SYTYCD & wait 'till the end of the show to tell dancers & us who has the least votes. I can't enjoy it no more. Plllllllllllllllllease bring back the original format.moreless

Love this show - this style - these dancers - HATE PAULA!!

By StephaniePfister, Sep 10, 2015

Having Paula on this show is so useless. Just record her telling everyone how great they are and then making rude comments to Nigel. Bring back Mary Murphy - she was a joy even when she screamed all the time. I personally liked Jason and found that he gave useful criticism to all dancers.

I do miss the old format in that there seemed to be a better variety of dance styles. This year MANY of the dances were rather tasteless - I didn't want my children watching some of the routines and this has always been our family favorite.

The dancers are amazing -- where are all of the choreographs?? There was such a great variety of dance and styles because of these people. They should be there making this show as awesome as it should be. I enjoyed seeing them as judges - Adam Shankman? Mia Michaels? where are you? Doesn't the show want to pay for these guest judges?

Please make changes -- and Paula should be the main one - get rid of her!moreless

Missing all the ballroom dance styles

By Sobrien522, Sep 09, 2015

Really disappointed this year. Missing all the ballroom dance styles. Tired of contemporary and hip hop the entire season. Please go back to the old format and old judges. We want Mary back!! Go away Paula and Jason!

I miss ballroom, salsa, disco, etc.

By Normwiginton, Sep 08, 2015

I personally would like to see the past format, more ballroom, salsa, Latin influences, disco, less street. More balance.

Load More Reviews