Cartman Sucks

Episode Reviews (37)

Superb

What happened to South Park going against the grain?

By bbagnall, Feb 08, 2011

I've always liked South Park because it offered a non-politically correct view of events and often went against the establishment views. For some reason they took a big step back with this episode, which is overwhelmingly pro-gay and pro-Jewish. With so many targets out there, they go back to attacking the old tired standby, the Christian straw man. I'm atheist and have no religious affinity, but I'm just tired of seeing the same attacks on Christianity day in and day out. Surprise me and attack something else, like Socialists or the anti-business bandwagon. The thing where Cartman keeps ragging on the Jews is starting to go overboard to the point that it isn't funny anymore. They're almost doing it by rote now, which sucks out any potential freshness from these episodes.moreless

superb

By futuramarama, Jan 22, 2011

Butters' dad catches Butters in a compromising situation and believes his son may be gay So he sends him to a camp where he learns how not to be gay Cartman meanwhile tries to get a picture of himself that he thinks Kyle has stolen. But has Kyle taken the photo? Or has it been misplaced?

Good episode. Butters' plot was kind of boring but Cartman's plot was pretty good and pretty funny throughout, I thought so anyway. Not a horrible episode but not really perfect either, my final grade for this episode is a B or so, methinks is fairmoreless

Proves that Cartman is the biggest stupid ass on the face of this earth

By MistaC87, Jan 11, 2011

Cartman is stupid, stupid, STUPID. Sticking someone else's dick in his mouth? So then Butters is sent to a correctional camp, and it turns out the heads of the camp are people who are self-righteous right-winged Christians, but sadly, Butters has no clue in hell why he's there. He probably doesn't even know what Bisexual means. This episode (like most episodes) has a very decent message, and it's that you are who you are and you shouldn't change. I'm sure camps like these portrayed in this episode exist, and that some of the events that happens in this episode happens there, it's sickening that people just can't accept each other and live in harmony.

And yet, Cartman...sucked...Butters...ew...hilarious.moreless

A great episode that made me watch the rest of season 11.

By jacobp76, Dec 29, 2010

Last year I was worried that South Park might be losing it's edge, but last night's episode proved me wrong. Cartman Sucks is one of the freshest and funniest episodes to date. The episode doesn't deal entirely in the realm of original social commentary, but instead focuses on putting a twist on the classic story of Cartman pranks Butters.

Cartman has been having Butters spend the night at his house and while little Butters sleeps, Cartman does terrible things to him (like making him a mustache from cat crap, or sticking a tampon on his mouth). When Butters once again spends the night, Cartman does one of the stupidest things ever: he puts Butters' penis in his mouth and takes a picture.

The boys inform him that this makes him gay and the only way to cancel this out is to stick his penis in Butters' mouth. While he is doing this, though, Butters' dad walks in with horrible assumptions. Cartman quickly flees, but Butters' father makes the horrible assumption that Butters is bi-curious.

Meanwhile, Cartman can't find his photo and assumes Kyle took it and will show it to the whole class for show and tell. He spends the whole night trying to stop Kyle, but when he comes to no avail, he decides he'd rather expose himself.

Butters is sent to Camp New Grace, where you "Pray away the Gay At the camp, each child is assigned an accountabillibuddy. Butters, of course, has no idea what's going on and takes everything with the cheerful optimism that makes him such a beloved character. The campers continually commit suicide as they decide they'd rather go to hell now then be persecuted.

Cartman's storyline ends with one of the greatest laughs I've had in awhile, and the episode becomes one of the new greats. It really doesn't make any original statements on the issue of gays, though it has tackled this subject several times in the past. The basic message is that everyone should have the freedom of choice and religion is the great hypocrisy to freedom of speech: religion bans free speech.

But what I loved most about the episode was how Cartman's prank turned on him, and he went to such desperate measures to protect himself until he decides to expose himself. The picture itself is eventually seen, but Cartman is placed strategically in front of the screen to block any graphic elements. You get the idea though.

This is also the first episode to strongly suggest Cartman's sexual orientation. In past episodes we've had several indicators as to what his preference is: In the Condoms episode he watches Butters put on a condom; in the Simpsons episode, he claims to have gotten semen by meeting some guy in an alley, closing his eyes, and sucking it out of a tube; having tea parties with his stuffed animals; dressing up like Britney Spears and making out with a cardboard cut-out of Justin Timberlake; and so on and so on. Making Cartman actually come out of the closet would probably be a stupid decision on the creators' part, instead of just providing strong hints of what Cartman prefers.

Cartman Sucks may not contain a strong social commentary, but it basically is what I wanted: an episode more focused on an entertaining plot, rather then entirely on an issue. I half expected Ted Haggard to make an appearance, but the guys are leaving him buried for now.moreless

"Shut up you guys, that does not make you gay

By nineone14peace, Jul 06, 2010

Cartman crosses a line in this episode... and it makes for good TV if you ask me. Cartman has a nice little tradition wherein he invites poor Butters to spend the night and then when he's sleeping he does some obscene thing to him and takes a picture of himself to create sort of a picture diary. Well, one night he decides he's going to put Butters' pen15 in his mouth for the gag (pun intended). Without really realizing what he's done, he brags about it to his friends, they acuse him of being gay and tell him that to "un-gay" himself he has to get Butters to put his pen15 in HIS mouth. Well, Butters' father walks in on it and ends up sending Butters to a gay camp to make him "not gay and the fun ensues. Hilarious episode from start to finish and yet again a point is made as well. Classic episode!moreless

this is best **** South Park season 11 episode that I have seen yet!A++++++

By paul1010, Feb 01, 2008

This is the best South Park show of the **** 11th season that I have seen yet.One of the reasons that this is the best episode yet is because it has my favorite South Park person in it Cartman.Also, its a very good episode because Butters dad thinks that Butters is a **** and puts him in a camp for kids to get over their gay ways.All shows should be like South Park. If there were more shows like **** South Park or like this one episode the world would be alot funnier.Matt Stone and Trey Parker are great story writers.If they keep making episodes with **** dogs and **** Cartman I will be very happy!A++++++moreless

Cartman sucks a d***

By avi01, Jan 08, 2008

LOL! Cartman prepares his latest butters humiliation but shock us all when the plan was to suck Butter d***. Kyle and Stan say that this make Cartman gay and the latter becomes perplex about it and tries to make butters suck his d*** in order to reverse the gay role. The funniest part was when Butters` dad entered the room and saw those too...priceless.

However I hated the story arc of Butters going to that camp. It was kinda dull. But otherwise the episode was great. At the end Cartman shows the picture to the class, thinking Kyle would do so but only to realized some seconds later that kyle did not have the picture.Great episode.moreless

Another fantastic episode of South Park. Season 11 has been a good one so far.

By Skyancez, Nov 03, 2007

In this episode. Butters' dad sends Butters off to special camp to "Pray the Gay Away" when he believes that his son is bi-curious after catching him in a compromising position with Cartman. Meanwhile, Cartman does his best to retrieve a photo of him in that compromising position before too many people find out about it.

Another great South Park episode.

Plot: Best.Idea.Ever: I loved the storyline abput Cartman and Butters "being gay It added a twist and not to mention, many fans dream episode. (Watching FanFiction fics, you will know what I'm talking about.)

Humor: Fantastic. I laughted all the way.

I recommend this episode for everyone. This is one or the best South Park episodes ever made.moreless

Cartman is worried about a compromising photograph, while Butters is shipped away to the "Pray the Gay Away Camp", in this enjoyable if at times shocking episode..

By Jay-Spacedust, Oct 11, 2007

This is, in my opinion, one of the most shocking episodes in 'South Park's history. From Cartman's selection of photographs with the sleeping Butters (cat poo on face, tampon in mouth, sucking his weiner...!), to Butters sucking Cartman's weiner, to the Pray the Gay Away Camp, with the hangings and the sudden suicides.

That asides, it is a well written and enjoyable episode. Cartman and Butters are two of the show's best characters, and they don't fail to deliver with their respective story-lines. The funniest moments of the episode are as Cartman woridly tries to get the incriminating photograh back. It's nice to see him getting his comeuppance occasionally.

A good episode. Let's hope season 11 can keep the standard that we've seen thus far.moreless

Load More Reviews